Catapult Systems

www.catapultsystems.com

Catapult Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

David Fuess

Pros
  • great work life balance and managers really value your life outside of work(in 12 reviews)

• The only reason I look back with fondness at Catapult is because of the great people I worked with(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There are only two cons in working at Catapult the first is the lack of leadership (at least in the Houston office)(in 2 reviews)

• The only con that I can think of is that fact that Catapult seems to take on more work than the team can handle(in 2 reviews)

great place to start your consulting career

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros-laid back
    -good work/life balance
    -great people to work with. You can trust the people you work with
    -a lot of freedom for people to take on extra responsibilities if that's what they wanted to do
    -very supportive team envrionment.
    -flexible work arrangments

Cons-lack of formal training opportunities
    -lack of professional/career growth
    -lack of project selections

Best consulting company to work for in terms of work-life balance

Senior Lead Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe culture of the company is unique. The hierarchy is such that even the person at the lowest level of the organization can reach out to the CEO and talk to him if needed. The CEO makes it his priority to have a direct interaction with each and every person in the organization. Undoubtedly one of the best companies to work for.
    Very quick to recognize talent and provide them the opportunity to raise.
    Every individual in the company work towards a culture of work-life balance, you don't have to work extra hours unless you want to.

ConsGrowth may become limited for people aspiring to stay technical. Bonus plan metrics are directly in relation to how many hours worked instead of how valuable you are to the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove Bonus Plans so that team members are recognized even if they work 40 hours a week, if they are providing other valuable aspects to the team such as customer service, customer satisfaction or team benefits.

A place where you can make a difference, learn, and work with great people!

Senior Lead Consultant (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat technologies, stable company that is growing, people I love to work with and learn from, and we have a fun, team-oriented culture. I enjoy going to work everyday and have the opportunity to share my knowledge with my peers across the company.

ConsConsulting is a challenging field. Clients can be demanding. At client site most of the time, but I work with a great Catapult team there. Travel is 0-20% but I have not had to travel in my 4 years here.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue mentoring, training and building leaders in each office. This will be important as we continue our growth.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easily the best job I've ever had

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)

Pros-Great chance for hands on experience with a variety of work. You get out of the project what you put into it, there's a great chance for professional satisfaction at the completion of a project.

-Catapult does a great job of training and pairing you with a mentor that can teach you new technologies as well as placing you on projects that are of an interest to you.

-Work hard play hard mentality, Catapult really seems to focus on hiring personalities as well as technical expertise.

-Competitive pay and benefits

Cons-You can find yourself working for clients all over Austin so with the increasing amount of traffic your commute can be challenging if you hit it during rush hour

-Clients can be difficult and demanding so you definitely have to be a people person if you're going to pursue this line of work, overall though these are fairly negligible when compared with the pros of working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at the moment

Best place I've ever worked

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsCompetitive salary and bonus structure
    Good training opportunities for new technology
    Cross training encouraged between employees
    Very family oriented

ConsAs with most any consulting company, a lot of travel is required

Good company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsOpen atmosphere and flat org structure. Great company meetings and knowledge sharing among consultants. Catapult provides great flexibility for work hours.

ConsRewards are related only to how many hours you work and not towards how much profit you generate for the company.

Pretty good company to work at

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood support environment for consultants
    Local consulting mostly - no travel outside of metroplex (mostly).
    Management works with you on time off
    Technical challenges

ConsBonus structure not rewarding; not dependent on employee effort.
    Pay raises are minuscule
    Little to no training
    No carry over of vacation

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the bonus structure more traditional - to be fair to all.

Catapult offers a great work-life balance, the opportunity to be challenged and to work with really smart, good people.

Sales (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat teamwork
    Great work-life balance
    Empowered to make decisions
    Encouraged to challenge ones-self

ConsVery little opportunity for promotion
    Executive management a "secret club"

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more visible and interactive with full team

Great company if you want to build your Microsoft certifications and knowledge of Microsoft solutions.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis company is good for software developers who wish to build their Microsoft certifications and knowledge of Microsoft solutions. Catapult encourages and requires all consulting staff to continuously obtain new certifications. The company's management has good intentions and wants the employees to be happy working for Catapult.

ConsIt is difficult to have a focus or direction in your career. As with many companies of this type, your job assignments depend on the projects sold.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus less on making sure that Microsoft knows who Catapult Systems is and more on making sure potential clients know.

Catapult Systems - Agility

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAs a consultant at Catapult you will have the opportunity to learn new technologies and work with the latest Microsoft products available. Catapult has one of the best infrastructure groups in the South Central region. You will get exposure to a wide vareity of industries and clients ranging from oil and gas, financial institutions, and health care.

ConsThere are only two cons in working at Catapult the first is the lack of leadership (at least in the Houston office). Often you will find you are left to your own devices in solving problems or conflicts. The approach of the management team is to look the other way when problems do arise.

The other is Catapult's recently adopted project management methodology. It is one of process for process sake. The newly adopted methodology is not focused on improving solutions for clients but implemented to mitigate Catapult's "give backs" (non-bill hours, due to delivery failures). The process has stifled the agility of the organization which in turns limits creativity and passion.

Advice to Senior ManagementImproved leadership that truly focuses on putting consultants first, and renewed focus on the "Agile" core value as we have lost our Agility.

Worked for Catapult Systems? Contribute to the Community!