Catapult Systems Reviews

62 reviews filtered by
4.0
Catapult Systems Chief Executive Officer David Fuess
David Fuess

Pros
  • great work life balance and managers really value your life outside of work (in 13 reviews)

• The best part about working here is getting to know and work with great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee Bonus structure is a joke and don (in 3 reviews)

• There are only two cons in working at Catapult the first is the lack of leadership (at least in the Houston office) (in 2 reviews)

1. 1st Year Experience Very Positive

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Catapult really cares about their people and it shows. Having fun is greatly emphasized. All new recruits go through a "Boot Camp". I was already a seasoned Consultant and still learned some things. Catapult, while giving us autonomy, also has efficient consulting methodologies and guidelines in place. It's a nice. I've worked for companies that either micro manage consultant or just throw them out there with no help. Catapult balances their touch well. Likewise my non-consulting colleagues are happy to be working here. It's a really positive environment. I also hear from people on the outside "Oh, yeah, Catapult. I've heard good things about you." or "I've had good experiences with Catapult." so we seem to have a good reputation. We just came out with a new, unique solutions-as a service offering called Fuse. We're an innovative and forward-thinking company.

Cons

Very few. My main complaint is minor -That some of the travel and expense policies are a bit unusual. For example, no tips can be expensed. Another example is we must subtract 40 miles from even one-way mileage submissions (presuming one travels 40 miles to and from work) and the mileage reimbursement is below IRS guidelines.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. We have a good reputation and are innovative so keep it up. Review and update travel and expense policies. Consider allowing expenses for business-related costs, like cell phone and broadband cards.

2. If you want to be in consulting, Catapult is the place you want to be!

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great team culture! People care for each other and work hard to bring successful solutions to our clients. Delivery of our services is a combo of local delivery and remote teams so we enjoy good balance between work and home life. Client projects are challenging. Now developing and selling solutions as a service which is an exciting new realm for us!

Cons

Need to focus on getting more long-term projects. Some years we have lots of them, and some years we have lots of smaller ones which can add to the management churn that happens with lots of smaller projects.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on maintaining the strong culture that has been key to our success over the past 20+ years. Focus sales on key accounts and building relationships with those accounts for long-term relationships.

3. Great team that encourages personal growth!

Former Employee - CRM Developer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - CRM Developer in Denver, CO

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great team of professionals that are all working towards achieving the same goal. Coworkers' motivation is contagious, encouraging everyone to achieve more.

Cons

Management seems to still be working through issues of knowing how to make the product work for them, work better. Ownership change really threw things off here.

Advice to Management

Finding and being able to strike the balance between adapting to the new and keeping the best features of the old is crucial.

5. Great team, market leader, and a great place to work!

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult's main strength is its people. Really smart people working together to solve customer issues. Leaders with great vision and strong connection to employee. Catapult also has great relationship with Microsoft.

Cons

Still working though the big ownership change, and figuring out how to take advantage of the large platform. Once management figures out this puzzle without losing the original values that Catapult was founded on - they will have winning formula for greater heights.

Advice to Management

Employee compensation can use a bit of refresh.

6. Great Company

Former Employee - Delivery Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems

Pros

Great culture, good work/life balance, strong leadership.

Cons

None, they seem to have worked all of those out.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what youre doing.

7. Great company with an awesome culture

I have been working at Catapult Systems

Pros

I'm a senior lead consultant with 5 years experience at Catapult and have met some of the best people in my career while working here. Catapult has built a culture based on trust and teamwork and the projects we do are challenging and rewarding.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

8. Management Does Not Understand Current Market Trends

Former Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great location, people are very friendly, general work atmosphere is great

Cons

Horrible SOW's that are not even possible to meet with given hours but yet expected
    Internal IT and management think that a 5 year old laptop is acceptable
    Marketing and sales HEAVILY relies on Microsoft deals/vouchers for gigs and is unable to obtain their own deals organically
    New management does not understand current consulting landscape, changes they wanted to implement have not been done fully and yet they announce new ones.

Advice to Management

Fully implement your plans before you attempt to implement anything new. The Cloud is not just some new FAD that will go away. Get a new internal IT team. Bring back Sam!

Catapult has a great history but is struggling through major organizational changes

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Catapult has hired a lot of great people. The best part about working here is getting to know and work with great people.

Cons

The changes that have happened over the last year have not been fully completed or integrated, yet more changes are being announced and there are rumors of even more. Many employees feel disenfranchised and are very concerned about the future of the company. This has created great uncertainty about individual careers and opportunities.

Advice to Management

Finish implementing each change before announcing the next one. Solve long-standing problems. Connect and communicate with your employees.

Like any other consulting company

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talented consultants. Well developed processes and guideline for consultants to follow. Work life balance is good. Local clients for each office

Cons

Don't fall for the any of the bragging they do about their company, you will be disappointed. Management has their own hidden agenda and works towards getting their own cut.
    Employee Bonus structure is a joke and don’t expect to get anything extraordinary. Marketing team is week and highly dependent on leads from Microsoft for new projects.

Advice to Management

Improve the bonus structure. Change the marketing team.

Great Company that looks out for its employees

Former Employee - Project Manager (Managing Consultant) in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager (Managing Consultant) in Denver, CO

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere, friendly working environment, challenge employees for growth, executives truly listen to employees, empower employee with self management and daily routine, monthly meetings, quarterly fun events, high quality co-workers, easy to collaborate with other employees.

Cons

Low vacation policy. Client work might not be for everyone, Consultants need to manage sometimes several projects, these last two are not a reflection on the company but on the overall type of work and a person who is not familiar with consulting needs to understand this.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and act upon employee suggestions and comments