Catapult Systems

Updated January 28, 2015
3.9

Catapult Systems Chief Executive Officer David Fuess
David Fuess

Pros
  • great work life balance and managers really value your life outside of work (in 13 reviews)

• The best part about working here is getting to know and work with great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee Bonus structure is a joke and don (in 3 reviews)

• There are only two cons in working at Catapult the first is the lack of leadership (at least in the Houston office) (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Former Employee - Delivery Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems

Pros

Great culture, good work/life balance, strong leadership.

Cons

None, they seem to have worked all of those out.

Keep doing what youre doing.

Great company with an awesome culture

I have been working at Catapult Systems

Pros

I'm a senior lead consultant with 5 years experience at Catapult and have met some of the best people in my career while working here. Catapult has built a culture based on trust and teamwork and the projects we do are challenging and rewarding.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Great Company that looks out for its employees

Former Employee - Project Manager (Managing Consultant) in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager (Managing Consultant) in Denver, CO

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere, friendly working environment, challenge employees for growth, executives truly listen to employees, empower employee with self management and daily routine, monthly meetings, quarterly fun events, high quality co-workers, easy to collaborate with other employees.

Cons

Low vacation policy. Client work might not be for everyone, Consultants need to manage sometimes several projects, these last two are not a reflection on the company but on the overall type of work and a person who is not familiar with consulting needs to understand this.

Continue to listen and act upon employee suggestions and comments

Still an incredible place to be!

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The BEST people, teamwork and camaraderie. Progressive vision for the company as we evolve with the cloud. Lots of new opportunities for professional growth in the coming years. Leadership continues to emphasis the importance of being part of the team through the work we do for our clients, and social and family events.

Cons

Standard benefits - nothing that stands out as a real differentiator from competitors.

Keep on pushing forward! Our company vision is exciting!

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The culture was fantastic. Great people and great attitudes.

Cons

Not sure if the culture will stay the same now that the company has been bought out by ChinaSoft

Keep up the great work.

Great place to work

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company has an amazing culture, smart people, great teamwork, and opportunity to enhance your career while having lots of fun. The company exhibits its brand promise of Our people are easy to work with, We bring the whole team, and We always deliver on a daily basis.

Cons

If you are not passionate about what you do, you'll be in open pretty quick! Guess that is not a bad thing!!

Keep doing the right things. Keep focus on employees and clients and company growth.

Without a question, Catapult has been the best place I've worked, ever. I will retire with this company!

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love this company both at a local and corporate level. Systems are mature and rock solid. There's a great attitude that permeates from the top down. The management team is fabulous, engaging and lead from example. This is a company where anyone can grow, develop and proudly carry the company flag. Or in this case, crest.

Cons

The only challenge I see is market driven. We are growing at such a fast pace, we need to have more consultants on board.

I would consider offering a sabbatical program for long-term employment. Perhaps something like 1 week per year of employment once someone has fully vested 10 years. This could be a great incentive.

A recognition that consultants are the center of the entire business model.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

First, I have been consulting for many years (and for many companies prior to Catapult). Hands down I work with the most talented and brightest technologists and business consultants in the land. There is not a weak link given our recruiting process covers all aspect of hiring - technical chops, cultural fit, fun individuals, team players, and hard workers.

Secondly, Bonuses are right sized and are given for the individual contribution each consultant makes to the overall business (whether the business is doing well or not so well). For those who have experience with other technology consulting companies, it's not about an arbitrary quarterly bonus based on the financial performance of the company that may or may not be paid out. Our metrics are well defined, and are based on the individuals contribution on a weekly and monthly basis (and bonuses are paid monthly). My monthly bonuses are predictable, and really just a regular part of my overall income.

Third, Catapult's Systems model is to keep local consultants local. There is certainly occasional travel, however, consultants are not expected (unless the want to) to be road warriors. That speaks to work life balance. You may be able to get a point or two up in Salary by going to another consulting company - but that company is going to expect you to get on a plane Monday morning and come home Friday night. That's just not Catapult's model.

Lastly, I have been at Catapult Systems for over 5 years, and there was not a single career growth opportunity or career development discussion or request that I was not supported on. Not one, seriously. Catapult as a company and a culture has supported any interest or career path I wanted to pursue. There are a lot of talented folks here, and not one idea or one voice is ever drowned out.

Cons

In my time at Catapult, one of the challenges (and benefits) was our size. Small company with tight culture, but sometimes we didn't get invited to the party on some of the bigger and more technical projects. I am hopeful that with the recent acquisition by a global company and our leaderships communication that our culture will stay the same may open up some of these larger and more complex (and fun) opportunities.

Continue to keep nurturing the "Catapult Culture".

Fair, Hard Working, Smart and Fun

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of really smart people who are really focused on delivering great solutions for customers, they are very fair with employees and reasonable for work/life balance. Very low turnover, a great place for folks tired of the nonsense with the average consulting companies.

Cons

Client projects can be intense and challenging. Catapult doesn't have the same benefits as the full time travel consulting gigs, so that is a trade off.

Expand to the West Coast and internationally, which will allow consultants to have more opportunity for growth.

One of a kind

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Catapult truly cares about people. They hire smart professionals in the top 10% of their field. Catapult is 'others' focused from the CEO to the Director of First Impressions.

Cons

Rapid growth at times can spread teams thin. This corrects itself once hiring ramps up, but hiring the best and the brightest takes time.

Hire to the bench.