Catapult Systems

www.catapultsystems.com

Catapult Systems Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

David Fuess

Pros
  • great work life balance and managers really value your life outside of work(in 12 reviews)

• The only reason I look back with fondness at Catapult is because of the great people I worked with(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • There are only two cons in working at Catapult the first is the lack of leadership (at least in the Houston office)(in 2 reviews)

• The only con that I can think of is that fact that Catapult seems to take on more work than the team can handle(in 2 reviews)

Change is happening

Prosgreat work life balance and managers really value your life outside of work
    people you work with are a huge influence to the great culture

Consvery low pay and not much pay increase
    not much growth possibility
    change is happening from being bought by Chinese company and the change is firing/letting people go
    company not making much money since being bought

Advice to Senior Managementbe more transparent and honest with where the company is going since being bought

Ditto to "immature, failing company" review

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsBeer cart on Fridays, easy to maintain a work/life balance, awesome company parties, gained a lot of friends who feel the same way I do

ConsPoor management. I second everything said by the "immature, failing company" review. Also disappointed that we were asked by our CEO and managers to give positive ratings on Best Places to Work every year instead of addressing how we really felt.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to be managers.

Great at first, but too many changes equal an unstable atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun events, Good work/life balance, great location, great in-office perks

ConsNot transparent in real company issues, "every man for himself" mentality, Chinese acquirement has caused negative changes, less than appealing salary

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not fair

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGained great knowledge in the industry Ocean and Air.

ConsCompany tried taking on more than they should have. Need to get solid in the original field of Business before trying to start new avenues.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees

Immature, failing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOld reputation from twenty years ago, tied to Microsoft's growth

ConsOut of date
    Immature
    Lost
    Failing business model
    Lack of foresight in Executive management
    Mid-manager drones, hiring more (ex-military) drones
    Avoid this place

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade your view on work before you die

Catapult Systems VP - Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jun 19, 2014

We certainly know that we are not perfect here at Catapult Systems, and we love that Glassdoor allows people to express their unedited opinions. This helps us take a look at ourselves to see how we ... More

Cool company that is still in transition

Business Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe culture is still laid back. And for the most part you are treated like an adult.

ConsDo to their incomplete transition with their merger the company has little room for spin up or time to let individuals develop. I was laid off after 3 short months!!

Nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work life balance, and good company values

ConsBenefits are not that great

Great place to work

ProsThe company has an amazing culture, smart people, great teamwork, and opportunity to enhance your career while having lots of fun. The company exhibits its brand promise of Our people are easy to work with, We bring the whole team, and We always deliver on a daily basis.

ConsIf you are not passionate about what you do, you'll be in open pretty quick! Guess that is not a bad thing!!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing the right things. Keep focus on employees and clients and company growth.

Without a question, Catapult has been the best place I've worked, ever. I will retire with this company!

Sales (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsI love this company both at a local and corporate level. Systems are mature and rock solid. There's a great attitude that permeates from the top down. The management team is fabulous, engaging and lead from example. This is a company where anyone can grow, develop and proudly carry the company flag. Or in this case, crest.

ConsThe only challenge I see is market driven. We are growing at such a fast pace, we need to have more consultants on board.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would consider offering a sabbatical program for long-term employment. Perhaps something like 1 week per year of employment once someone has fully vested 10 years. This could be a great incentive.

A recognition that consultants are the center of the entire business model.

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFirst, I have been consulting for many years (and for many companies prior to Catapult). Hands down I work with the most talented and brightest technologists and business consultants in the land. There is not a weak link given our recruiting process covers all aspect of hiring - technical chops, cultural fit, fun individuals, team players, and hard workers.

Secondly, Bonuses are right sized and are given for the individual contribution each consultant makes to the overall business (whether the business is doing well or not so well). For those who have experience with other technology consulting companies, it's not about an arbitrary quarterly bonus based on the financial performance of the company that may or may not be paid out. Our metrics are well defined, and are based on the individuals contribution on a weekly and monthly basis (and bonuses are paid monthly). My monthly bonuses are predictable, and really just a regular part of my overall income.

Third, Catapult's Systems model is to keep local consultants local. There is certainly occasional travel, however, consultants are not expected (unless the want to) to be road warriors. That speaks to work life balance. You may be able to get a point or two up in Salary by going to another consulting company - but that company is going to expect you to get on a plane Monday morning and come home Friday night. That's just not Catapult's model.

Lastly, I have been at Catapult Systems for over 5 years, and there was not a single career growth opportunity or career development discussion or request that I was not supported on. Not one, seriously. Catapult as a company and a culture has supported any interest or career path I wanted to pursue. There are a lot of talented folks here, and not one idea or one voice is ever drowned out.

ConsIn my time at Catapult, one of the challenges (and benefits) was our size. Small company with tight culture, but sometimes we didn't get invited to the party on some of the bigger and more technical projects. I am hopeful that with the recent acquisition by a global company and our leaderships communication that our culture will stay the same may open up some of these larger and more complex (and fun) opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep nurturing the "Catapult Culture".

Worked for Catapult Systems? Contribute to the Community!