Catapult Systems

Updated October 6, 2014
4.1

Catapult Systems Chief Executive Officer David Fuess
David Fuess

Pros
  • great work life balance and managers really value your life outside of work (in 12 reviews)

• Great Culture, very focused in the Microsoft Services space, great people, decent pay (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • There are only two cons in working at Catapult the first is the lack of leadership (at least in the Houston office) (in 2 reviews)

• The only con that I can think of is that fact that Catapult seems to take on more work than the team can handle (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

System Center

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, work balance OK, great team work, communication OK.

Cons

No training
    Stressful environment
    Promise not kept.

Stop looking at only the money

Catapult

Current Employee - SharePoint Architect in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - SharePoint Architect in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent people and knowledge base - good access to learning assets as long as you learn on your own

Cons

very low raises and low bonus set up - training is on your own - no sending people to classes
    BUT, they go give you resources to read and encourage testing. Just sold to the Chinese

New Employee. Fantastic Experience.

I have been working at Catapult Systems

Pros

I have only been with Catapult a short time. I came from a large contracting company that treated employees like disposable commodities. The entire "feel" of Catapult is different. The onboarding process was very hands on. The managers flew to my office to make sure my first week was seamless. The training has been great and everyone has been very helpful and welcoming.

Cons

None I can think of, so far so good.

Just make sure that the Catapult culture isn't lost, regardless of how large we become.

Among the top 10% - coworkers are excellent

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Catapult hires the top 10% in the industry so I have the good fortune to work with some of the most polished and capable technologists the industry has to offer.

Cons

One must rise to the occasion when they find themselves among the top 10%

Catapult treats its employees well

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to come work for Catapult is the people and culture. Catapult only hires the best of the best, so if you are hired to work here, you will find yourself among the smartest and most talented people in the industry.
    Catapult is a FUN place to work. There is very little 'politics' and hard work is rewarded.

Cons

I have worked for Catapult for 5+ years and I have no complaints!

Best company I have ever worked for, period!

Current Employee - Director of Service Delivery in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director of Service Delivery in Washington, DC

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great work/life balance
    -Excellent culture (family, fun, pride in the work we do)
    -The best co-workers you could ask for

I have referred several friends to Catapult, the same way I ended up here, and they all love it too.

Cons

-There are areas that could use improvement, and Catapult is actively working to fix those. So I cannot call them "cons".

-Keep doing what you're doing

Right size, brilliant colleagues, amazing culture

Current Employee - Manager of Delivery in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager of Delivery in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The variety and challenge of consulting and services without the downsides of constant travel and lack of connection/culture. Company has been in growth, expansion mode for the majority of my career, exciting to be contributing to building a great company that is such a desirable place to work.

Cons

This is a services organization so that might not be right for everyone, some may prefer working for a software company or industry IT job.

Don't lose sight of the core values and unique culture as we enter the next phase of the company.

This is a great place to work and further your career.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Catapult has many great things going for it. I've worked here for just over six months and have enjoyed every bit of it. This is a privately owned company with no debt. The CEO is a very dynamic outgoing individual which does his absolute best to promote the Catapult culture and work ethic. The people that I work with are not only experienced and the best at what they do, but they all live the company culture of team work and collaboration. I can honestly say that I have not met anyone at this company that I did not like or would not hesitate to put in front of a client.

Catapult also does a very good job of supporting its employees to ensure that they are successful. They provide ongoing training and encourage employees to seek out opportunities to learn and to grow their knowledge within their field, whether that's sales or technical. Their internal support structure also works very well and has been instrumental for me in solving problems and providing the help I have needed to be successful.

One final Pro I want to add is the alignment that Catapult has with Microsoft. Catapult describes itself as "The Microsoft Services Company", and they really are. Catapult is successful because they work so closely with Microsoft in each geography they are in. This has opened doors for me with clients and has provided invaluable support from Microsoft itself in the pursuit of current and future business.

Cons

I currently have nothing to add here a con about working at Catapult.

Keep doing what you're doing. The culture that you have built within the company is, in my opinion, what has made Catapult successful.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult Systems has top notch people. The model is local people on local projects and that means not a lot of travel. They are not asking for tons of hours and promote a health work life balance. They spend a lot of effort to find the right person for the job that matches the technical needs and the corporate culture.

The company does care about the employees and fun events, annual parties, the Dream Machine are all examples of their efforts.

Cons

Catapult doesn't have the best internal training, though they are making efforts to change that. Employees are expected to keep on top of technical issues themselves on their own time mostly. Because the majority of the work is project based don't expect to build complex architectures, but rather specific solutions to the client's problems. Billing is what drives the company so time sheets are a must.

Salaries and compensation are in line with local consulting but are balanced by not having to travel much. Some bonuses are easy to get, others more difficult.

Invest back into the company by improving the internal systems

I love my team and the growth potential of the company!

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good team environment. Good community and collaboration amongst the different practice areas. If you are a Microsoft professional, Catapult is the place for you to grow your career! Management seems to care about everyone and openly communicates about the state of the business.

Cons

The growth is fun and the company is doing great, but with growth does come challenges. Right now we are working hard to bring on more team members to keep up with the client demand.

Keep up the great team culture and continue our growth - but avoid growing so fast that we lose any of what has made us great along the way.