Catapult Systems Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Immature, failing company

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Old reputation from twenty years ago, tied to Microsoft's growth

Cons

Out of date Immature Lost Failing business model Lack of foresight in Executive management Mid-manager drones, hiring more (ex-military) drones Avoid this place

Advice to Management

Upgrade your view on work before you die

Catapult Systems Response

Jun 19, 2014 – VP - Talent Acquisition

We certainly know that we are not perfect here at Catapult Systems, and we love that Glassdoor allows people to express their unedited opinions. This helps us take a look at ourselves to see how we ... More

Ditto to "immature, failing company" review

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Beer cart on Fridays, easy to maintain a work/life balance, awesome company parties, gained a lot of friends who feel the same way I do

Cons

Poor management. I second everything said by the "immature, failing company" review. Also disappointed that we were asked by our CEO and managers to give positive ratings on Best Places to Work every year instead of addressing how we really felt.

Advice to Management

Learn how to be managers.

Nice place to work

Pros

Good work life balance, and good company values

Cons

Benefits are not that great

Cool company that is still in transition

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is still laid back. And for the most part you are treated like an adult.

Cons

Do to their incomplete transition with their merger the company has little room for spin up or time to let individuals develop. I was laid off after 3 short months!!

Without a question, Catapult has been the best place I've worked, ever. I will retire with this company!

Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love this company both at a local and corporate level. Systems are mature and rock solid. There's a great attitude that permeates from the top down. The management team is fabulous, engaging and lead from example. This is a company where anyone can grow, develop and proudly carry the company flag. Or in this case, crest.

Cons

The only challenge I see is market driven. We are growing at such a fast pace, we need to have more consultants on board.

Advice to Management

I would consider offering a sabbatical program for long-term employment. Perhaps something like 1 week per year of employment once someone has fully vested 10 years. This could be a great incentive.

7. Great place to work

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company has an amazing culture, smart people, great teamwork, and opportunity to enhance your career while having lots of fun. The company exhibits its brand promise of Our people are easy to work with, We bring the whole team, and We always deliver on a daily basis.

Cons

If you are not passionate about what you do, you'll be in open pretty quick! Guess that is not a bad thing!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing the right things. Keep focus on employees and clients and company growth.

8. One of a kind

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Catapult truly cares about people. They hire smart professionals in the top 10% of their field. Catapult is 'others' focused from the CEO to the Director of First Impressions.

Cons

Rapid growth at times can spread teams thin. This corrects itself once hiring ramps up, but hiring the best and the brightest takes time.

Advice to Management

Hire to the bench.

9. Fair, Hard Working, Smart and Fun

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of really smart people who are really focused on delivering great solutions for customers, they are very fair with employees and reasonable for work/life balance. Very low turnover, a great place for folks tired of the nonsense with the average consulting companies.

Cons

Client projects can be intense and challenging. Catapult doesn't have the same benefits as the full time travel consulting gigs, so that is a trade off.

Advice to Management

Expand to the West Coast and internationally, which will allow consultants to have more opportunity for growth.

10. A recognition that consultants are the center of the entire business model.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

First, I have been consulting for many years (and for many companies prior to Catapult). Hands down I work with the most talented and brightest technologists and business consultants in the land. There is not a weak link given our recruiting process covers all aspect of hiring - technical chops, cultural fit, fun individuals, team players, and hard workers. Secondly, Bonuses are right sized and are given for the individual contribution each consultant makes to the overall business (whether the business is doing well or not so well). For those who have experience with other technology consulting companies, it's not about an arbitrary quarterly bonus based on the financial performance of the company that may or may not be paid out. Our metrics are well defined, and are based on the individuals contribution on a weekly and monthly basis (and bonuses are paid monthly). My monthly bonuses are predictable, and really just a regular part of my overall income. Third, Catapult's Systems model is to keep local consultants local. There is certainly occasional travel, however, consultants are not expected (unless the want to) to be road warriors. That speaks to work life balance. You may be able to get a point or two up in Salary by going to another consulting company - but that company is going to expect you to get on a plane Monday morning and come home Friday night. That's just not Catapult's model. Lastly, I have been at Catapult Systems for over 5 years, and there was not a single career growth opportunity or career development discussion or request that I was not supported on. Not one, seriously. Catapult as a company and a culture has supported any interest or career path I wanted to pursue. There are a lot of talented folks here, and not one idea or one voice is ever drowned out.

Cons

In my time at Catapult, one of the challenges (and benefits) was our size. Small company with tight culture, but sometimes we didn't get invited to the party on some of the bigger and more technical projects. I am hopeful that with the recent acquisition by a global company and our leaderships communication that our culture will stay the same may open up some of these larger and more complex (and fun) opportunities.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep nurturing the "Catapult Culture".

11. Working at Catapult is everything I thought it was going to be, and so much more.

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing. Let's just say, the company get's it!

Cons

I cant think of anything I don't like about working at Catapult.

RSS Feed </> Embed