Catapult Systems

Updated October 25, 2014
3.8

Catapult Systems Chief Executive Officer David Fuess
David Fuess

Pros
  • great work life balance and managers really value your life outside of work (in 13 reviews)

• The best part about working here is getting to know and work with great people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee Bonus structure is a joke and don (in 3 reviews)

• There are only two cons in working at Catapult the first is the lack of leadership (at least in the Houston office) (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult Systems has top notch people. The model is local people on local projects and that means not a lot of travel. They are not asking for tons of hours and promote a health work life balance. They spend a lot of effort to find the right person for the job that matches the technical needs and the corporate culture.

The company does care about the employees and fun events, annual parties, the Dream Machine are all examples of their efforts.

Cons

Catapult doesn't have the best internal training, though they are making efforts to change that. Employees are expected to keep on top of technical issues themselves on their own time mostly. Because the majority of the work is project based don't expect to build complex architectures, but rather specific solutions to the client's problems. Billing is what drives the company so time sheets are a must.

Salaries and compensation are in line with local consulting but are balanced by not having to travel much. Some bonuses are easy to get, others more difficult.

Invest back into the company by improving the internal systems

I love my team and the growth potential of the company!

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good team environment. Good community and collaboration amongst the different practice areas. If you are a Microsoft professional, Catapult is the place for you to grow your career! Management seems to care about everyone and openly communicates about the state of the business.

Cons

The growth is fun and the company is doing great, but with growth does come challenges. Right now we are working hard to bring on more team members to keep up with the client demand.

Keep up the great team culture and continue our growth - but avoid growing so fast that we lose any of what has made us great along the way.

Best place I have ever worked!

Current Employee - Special Projects Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Special Projects Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult offers a great sense of stability. There are always new projects to work on and there is rarely any downtime. Catapult is very flexible with their employees. There are no time cards and you are able to work remotely fairly often.
    Catapult provided me with comprehensive training which has enabled me to become a stronger business professional. I sincerely look forward to coming to work each day and this is something that I have rarely experienced in my previous positions.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is that fact that Catapult seems to take on more work than the team can handle. It seems like our clients have to "get in line" because we don't have enough resources to support our current workload.

Recruit new talent to lighten the load a little.

Amazing company and culture. Focus on hiring talent, skill, and respectful nice people.

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time

Pros

the people, the CEO, the focus on excellence.

Cons

not enough new jobs with Catapult in the local area.

More companies should be run like Catapult.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Keeps up with the newest technologies, excellent benefits including certification tracks, great work environment.

Cons

The money is kept tight: salaries, infrastructure, etc. suffer

Great career opportunity and work life balance

Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult Systems provides an opportunity for all consultants to own their clients and projects and make decisions based on what they feel is right for the client. It's currently in a large growth stage which has created new leadership opportunities and career advancements across all the different offices. In addition the company is extremely focused on internal culture and making sure everyone has a healthy work life balance.

Cons

The company is continually helping customers deploy the latest software...so all consultants must continually be up to date on the new releases.

great place to start your consulting career

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-laid back
    -good work/life balance
    -great people to work with. You can trust the people you work with
    -a lot of freedom for people to take on extra responsibilities if that's what they wanted to do
    -very supportive team envrionment.
    -flexible work arrangments

Cons

-lack of formal training opportunities
    -lack of professional/career growth
    -lack of project selections

Best consulting company to work for in terms of work-life balance

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The culture of the company is unique. The hierarchy is such that even the person at the lowest level of the organization can reach out to the CEO and talk to him if needed. The CEO makes it his priority to have a direct interaction with each and every person in the organization. Undoubtedly one of the best companies to work for.
    Very quick to recognize talent and provide them the opportunity to raise.
    Every individual in the company work towards a culture of work-life balance, you don't have to work extra hours unless you want to.

Cons

Growth may become limited for people aspiring to stay technical. Bonus plan metrics are directly in relation to how many hours worked instead of how valuable you are to the team.

Improve Bonus Plans so that team members are recognized even if they work 40 hours a week, if they are providing other valuable aspects to the team such as customer service, customer satisfaction or team benefits.

Easily the best job I've ever had

Current Employee - Associate Consultant
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Great chance for hands on experience with a variety of work. You get out of the project what you put into it, there's a great chance for professional satisfaction at the completion of a project.

-Catapult does a great job of training and pairing you with a mentor that can teach you new technologies as well as placing you on projects that are of an interest to you.

-Work hard play hard mentality, Catapult really seems to focus on hiring personalities as well as technical expertise.

-Competitive pay and benefits

Cons

-You can find yourself working for clients all over Austin so with the increasing amount of traffic your commute can be challenging if you hit it during rush hour

-Clients can be difficult and demanding so you definitely have to be a people person if you're going to pursue this line of work, overall though these are fairly negligible when compared with the pros of working here.

None at the moment

Best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive salary and bonus structure
    Good training opportunities for new technology
    Cross training encouraged between employees
    Very family oriented

Cons

As with most any consulting company, a lot of travel is required