Catapult Systems Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great people, family oriented, great learning experience, weak benefits

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1) I love the exposure to technology. 2) I love meeting a bunch of new people. 3) They are very forgiving if you have a family commitment that interferes with a project. They will back you up and not hold it against you. 4) The culture is top notch. The employee events are fun and interesting. 5) The pay can be very good (if you haggle for it or are an established name in the community). 6) As long as you are able to self-manage, you do not have to go to the office in between clients. Being able to work from home somewhat makes up for the weak vacation time off. But, make sure you are not a slacker or you will not last in this industry. 7) At least in our office, we are often able to manage our own projects (IMO, PMs don't add value unless it's a giant project that needs separate managing). 8) Every once in a while, a more experienced consultant will hold a training session to introduce you to something new so you can increase your knowledge and your value. 9) Some of the managers make you feel comfortable to talk to them.

Cons

1) Weak benefits. The only thing attractive about the benefits here is that you have insurance. The insurance premium per paycheck is pretty high. Almost no 401k matching. 2) They will sometimes try to push you into an engagement you are not ready for. So, tell them NO if you are not ready. But, this is not just an issue with Catapult. It's an issue with this industry. 3) Sometimes they make ridiculous inquiries about travel expenses. 4) As mentioned in a couple other reviews, not much formal training is available. But, to be fair, if you request a week on the bench before your first project on something new to you, they often will grant it. But, that learning is 90% on your own. The SME is often too busy to help you learn it. 5) The merit/promotion pay increases are not very good. This goes back to the "haggling" comment in #5 of the pros. 6) Communication is sometimes frustrating. Some of the more experienced consultants with that product simply ignore you if you send an IM/email with a question. They could at least acknowledge you and say that they will get back to you as soon as they can. But, again to be fair: There are quite a few who are super helpful.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and do your best to act on their concerns. Do something about the benefits. Make Catapult more attractive to new employees. Make your mid-level consultants feel more valued. Change your promotion/merit increase policy to make it less likely that a consultant will leave or threaten to leave. Do something about the benefits (Yes, I said that twice for emphasis on importance).

System Center

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun atmosphere, work balance OK, great team work, communication OK.

Cons

No training Stressful environment Promise not kept.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at only the money

3. Catapult

Current Employee - SharePoint Architect in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - SharePoint Architect in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent people and knowledge base - good access to learning assets as long as you learn on your own

Cons

very low raises and low bonus set up - training is on your own - no sending people to classes BUT, they go give you resources to read and encourage testing. Just sold to the Chinese

5. New Employee. Fantastic Experience.

Pros

I have only been with Catapult a short time. I came from a large contracting company that treated employees like disposable commodities. The entire "feel" of Catapult is different. The onboarding process was very hands on. The managers flew to my office to make sure my first week was seamless. The training has been great and everyone has been very helpful and welcoming.

Cons

None I can think of, so far so good.

Advice to Management

Just make sure that the Catapult culture isn't lost, regardless of how large we become.

6. Among the top 10% - coworkers are excellent

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Catapult hires the top 10% in the industry so I have the good fortune to work with some of the most polished and capable technologists the industry has to offer.

Cons

One must rise to the occasion when they find themselves among the top 10%

7. Best company I have ever worked for, period!

Current Employee - Director of Service Delivery in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Director of Service Delivery in Washington, DC

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great work/life balance -Excellent culture (family, fun, pride in the work we do) -The best co-workers you could ask for I have referred several friends to Catapult, the same way I ended up here, and they all love it too.

Cons

-There are areas that could use improvement, and Catapult is actively working to fix those. So I cannot call them "cons".

Advice to Management

-Keep doing what you're doing

8. Catapult treats its employees well

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to come work for Catapult is the people and culture. Catapult only hires the best of the best, so if you are hired to work here, you will find yourself among the smartest and most talented people in the industry. Catapult is a FUN place to work. There is very little 'politics' and hard work is rewarded.

Cons

I have worked for Catapult for 5+ years and I have no complaints!

9. Right size, brilliant colleagues, amazing culture

Current Employee - Manager of Delivery in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Manager of Delivery in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The variety and challenge of consulting and services without the downsides of constant travel and lack of connection/culture. Company has been in growth, expansion mode for the majority of my career, exciting to be contributing to building a great company that is such a desirable place to work.

Cons

This is a services organization so that might not be right for everyone, some may prefer working for a software company or industry IT job.

Advice to Management

Don't lose sight of the core values and unique culture as we enter the next phase of the company.

10. This is a great place to work and further your career.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Catapult has many great things going for it. I've worked here for just over six months and have enjoyed every bit of it. This is a privately owned company with no debt. The CEO is a very dynamic outgoing individual which does his absolute best to promote the Catapult culture and work ethic. The people that I work with are not only experienced and the best at what they do, but they all live the company culture of team work and collaboration. I can honestly say that I have not met anyone at this company that I did not like or would not hesitate to put in front of a client. Catapult also does a very good job of supporting its employees to ensure that they are successful. They provide ongoing training and encourage employees to seek out opportunities to learn and to grow their knowledge within their field, whether that's sales or technical. Their internal support structure also works very well and has been instrumental for me in solving problems and providing the help I have needed to be successful. One final Pro I want to add is the alignment that Catapult has with Microsoft. Catapult describes itself as "The Microsoft Services Company", and they really are. Catapult is successful because they work so closely with Microsoft in each geography they are in. This has opened doors for me with clients and has provided invaluable support from Microsoft itself in the pursuit of current and future business.

Cons

I currently have nothing to add here a con about working at Catapult.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The culture that you have built within the company is, in my opinion, what has made Catapult successful.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Catapult Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Catapult Systems has top notch people. The model is local people on local projects and that means not a lot of travel. They are not asking for tons of hours and promote a health work life balance. They spend a lot of effort to find the right person for the job that matches the technical needs and the corporate culture. The company does care about the employees and fun events, annual parties, the Dream Machine are all examples of their efforts.

Cons

Catapult doesn't have the best internal training, though they are making efforts to change that. Employees are expected to keep on top of technical issues themselves on their own time mostly. Because the majority of the work is project based don't expect to build complex architectures, but rather specific solutions to the client's problems. Billing is what drives the company so time sheets are a must. Salaries and compensation are in line with local consulting but are balanced by not having to travel much. Some bonuses are easy to get, others more difficult.

Advice to Management

Invest back into the company by improving the internal systems

RSS Feed </> Embed