Catering St. Louis

Updated May 26, 2014
Updated May 26, 2014
2.4

CEO

It was a thorough experience with many demands

Former Employee - Chef  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Chef in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Catering St. Louis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Variety of foods and you learn how to think on your feet.

Cons

Having a personnel life without the feeling that if your not at work all the time you must be lazy.

Open up the lines of communication. Be careful about how the company is perceived because the longer someone is with the company, no matter if they are seen as leaders, one day they will be gone and no one seems to know why.

Interesting

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Catering St. Louis part-time for more than a year

Pros

One of the best teams of people I've ever worked with.

Cons

Management breathes down your neck

Don't take the low level employees for granted

Memorable

Former Employee - Prep Cook  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Prep Cook in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Catering St. Louis part-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning the style of many of the past and present chefs who work for Catering St. Louis

Cons

Because of the location of the site I work at for Catering St. Louis my time their was cut short due to the season, but once the season changes and hours become available I would love more than anything to become part of their qualified team once again.

Only to truthfully take into consideration the many employee's who dedicate their all into their company and always acknowledge their efforts.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fine I think if you're a caterer, be careful if you work in one of their restaurants.

I worked at Catering St. Louis for more than a year

Pros

If you're just beginning in the work force or only need a job for the summer you can get some experience in a kitchen or food service setting, just move on as soon as possible. Where I worked they were generous with employee meals, though that may have been a fluke.

Restaurants are in attractive settings, you can get outside if you bus. You will meet some nice people and possibly make some friends. Pretty easy job, too. Most of your days will be easy sailing if you don't get caught up in drama or suck at your job.

If you can, transition to a catering gig.

Cons

If you are inclined to be a hard worker you may end up picking up the slack for the hordes of seasonal employees with no interest in contributing. Find a way to draw the line if too much is being asked of you compared to others. Stick to your job description and know what it is. It's not like you'll be getting a raise for doing more.

The owner of this company is a known anger addict, a person I've heard described as a " snapcase" and a "rage ball". He puts his staff under a lot of pressure. There is a lot of turnover at this company. You might be working for someone very new and clueless.

Make sure your staff is getting the support it needs. Don't hire alcoholics to run a kitchen.

Trickles down from the top.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Catering St. Louis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability for flexibilty with regards to work schedule.

Cons

Company culture leaves much to be desired.

I worked at one of the restaurants Catering St Louis owns. Its negatives ultimately outweighed its positives

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Catering St. Louis part-time for more than a year

Pros

Willing to work around your schedule
    Some genuinely awesome people work there
    Most of the managers are easy to work with

Cons

Low pay - Minimum wage. You get a $0.25 raise for every 1000 hours you work there
    Very high turnover - They were not choosy at all in the hiring process. If you can pass a drug test, you're pretty much guaranteed a job when they're hiring for summer workers. We even went through four managers in the course of a year.
    Lack of growth opportunities - There's pretty much no way to advance. It's a dead end job.

You get what you pay for. If you offered higher wages, you would attract and retain better workers.

Worked for Catering St. Louis? Contribute to the Community!