Catholic Charities USA

Catholic Charities USA Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Catholic Charities USA President Rev Larry Snyder

Rev Larry Snyder

Pros
  • Cheerful work environment, loving staff, rewarding work experiences, professional development (in 6 reviews)

• It is great to know that you are part of a non-profit org that is dedicated to helping everyone of all ages (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As a non-profit; Catholic Charities does not pay well (in 9 reviews)

• Very low pay with negligible increases (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Worst Company to Work For!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsThey have great mission, good benefit and a nice office location. Some of the staff are friendly and welcoming.

ConsTerrible management team. Staff are treated like trash, especially if you are black. They don't practice what their mission is about.

not worth the drive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Timonium, MD

ProsGet to leave the office and visit other Catholic Charities locations.

ConsI was there for 3 months before anyone gave me any work to do and when I finally got a specific job to do I was showed the wrong way on how they want things to be done. The workers are not very friendly which makes the days even longer. There is little or no room for growth within the company.

A learning experience that enhanced my skills greatly.

Parent Partner (Former Employee) Cortland, NY

ProsWages were fair and it was a very good working environment.

ConsOn call 24/7 was one of the downfalls of the job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great People doing Great Work

ProsBest people you'll ever work with.

ConsThe pay is not the reason anyone works here.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow your employees to set healthy boundaries with work life balance.

Fulfilling

ProsIt's always great to work with people who share your passion. I believe that everyone one of my co workers truly has been sent by the lord to serve his people.

ConsEverything is challenging there is no one day like the one before, therefore you always have to think on your feet.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Great mission and goals but not much opportunity for advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe mission of the nonprofit is good - they have good intentions and a lot of programs that are intended to help community members who are most in need.

ConsThere are some managerial issues that prevent the realization of some of the ultimate aims of the organization, not much opportunity for movement or advancement in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seemed like the management was very lenient with employees who had issues and a push from the district office to offer perks that were not financially based, although there were incremental raises offered they did not match cost of living inflation. The result was a slow leak of the good talent - the most effective employees who worked hardest ended up either leaving or getting burnt out and suffering from compassion fatigue.

Good, would be better if i were a man!

Professional (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsOrganization is devoted to service.

ConsSexism.at all levels. Lack of appreciation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote fairly. Get rid of expensive managers who do nothing.

Fantastic. An experience that would be hard to match!

Network Administrator (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsGet a chance to work with everything. Your IT job experience can go from 0 to 60 in no time due to the many hats you need to wear. Also, the intangible life/work benefits are out of this world compared to life at the corporate level, not to mention the nature of the overall work the Agency is doing.

ConsPay. Although this is how it is in the Non-profit world.

"Great people, need more constructive criticism."

Substance Abuse Counseling Intern (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWonderful co-workers, very relaxed environment, may be an increase in the jobs available due to the ACA enacted by the Obama administration, you can also discuss religion with clients without crossing ethical boundaries.

ConsLimited constructive criticism from my supervisor, complicated heirarchy in leadership, and low salaries due to under-funding.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp me more to grow as a professional as well as make change more accessible to those with ideas to help the department improve.

Lack of honesty

Abstinence Educator (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsA pay check. They don't have good control over their employees and it causes a lot of issues

ConsThe cons are is that it is very political and not really about helping the employees deal with the many issues

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep politics out of the mx. Those individuals who kiss butt are not the good employees. Stop pandering to them

Worked for Catholic Charities USA? Contribute to the Community!