Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Msgr. John Enzler

Enjoyable organization to work for.

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) Waldorf, MD

ProsExcellent personnel training program and support for main office.

ConsI have no significant cons to offer.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice for management.

Rewarding, fulfilling job

ProsYou will get the chance to work with amazing, inspiring co-workers. The work is hands on, client interactive and fulfilling. Wonderful chance to help real people.

ConsThe only con is that the job may seem spread thin on resources, but this issue is common to the non-profit world, generally.

Profoundly Grateful for this Organization

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe training was very good and I liked the pay and the hours.

ConsToo few people to do the job well.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire good people and let them do their jobs. Structure individualized training and feedback. Cut back on micromanagement as a practice for the whole group and use if for those who need it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat leadership and great mission.

ConsCompensation being a non-profit is not great

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Great co-workers, ok company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsMy department was awesome. My supervisor was helpful and flexible and my co workers were hard working, friendly, and trustworthy.

ConsUpper managment didn't always seem accessible or supportive. My salary was low. Unstable work environement due to lay offs. Felt conflicts when my personal beliefs conflicted with Catholic beliefs. Organization actively campaigned against DC passing gay marriage laws.

In desperate need of organizational development.

Shelter Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNumerous social service programs allow consumers many life enhancing opportunities. The evening shift offers time flexibility to complete daytime tasks.

ConsSenior management was incompetent and unable to provide solutions to serious problems. They support each other's needs and entertain their own ideas without there being a 'trickle down factor."

Advice to Senior ManagementInservice training and ongoing organizational/infrastructure development is sorely needed. All staff need to have diverity training to deal amicably with various cultures and lifetyles.

Worked for Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington? Contribute to the Community!