Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Add Photos

Craig Longley

Family Environment

Social Worker (Current Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsThere is a great room for growth in this company with much to learn. It is satisfying to assist families with the ability to reach their goals.

ConsCase loads are high, stress level is high. You must have a passion for social work and helping others to be able to handle this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time listening to front line staff because the work can be overwhelming and it helps when administration stand by you.

Not A Bad Company

ProsFairly good Co Workers; Good benefits and lots of holidays throughout the year'

ConsNo salary increase or bonus for 3 years; some discriminatory practices.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvestigate both sides of the story; don't allow preference of race to cloud decisions.

70 hour workweek

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosexperience in dealing with all sort of crises and on going problems

Consunderstaffed, underpaid direct care staff is the downfall o the entire company. these people need to be better paid.

Advice to Senior Managementincrease the pay rate from the bottom up. The people on the front line (direct care staff) are the most important yet the least valued. If they were paid more and appreciated more, the rest of the problems would be solved. as a previous manager, all of the issues I dealt with came from a lack of feeling valued by my direct staff. Had they received a more fair wage for the work they do, the rest of the company would run smoothly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Thank goodness this agency does not represent what social work is about-A HORRIBLE PLACE

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt provided a salary to pay my rent.

ConsThe morale in our office was awful. On many occasions, you would hear supervisors barking at their workers. It was one of the worst jobs I have ever had.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of us are on the same team and are committed to our families. We work without overtime, yet the treatment and conditions are deplorable.

HORRIBLE COMPANY TO GROW IN

Case Worker I (Current Employee) Bronx, NY

ProsThis job has given me nothing to list as a Pro, besides being able to help children. :-/

ConsI spend all of my waking hours either thinking about work, or doing work. My life has now been tormented with thoughts of what my clients are doing, when I have to call to check up, and how I am going to learn and get all of this work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management has a no-care attitude towards their employees, and they show you this attitude from the start. If this job had a training period, then maybe I would respect and appreciate my work there more. On top of that, they threw me into the job with 20 cases and no working knowledge of what I'm supposed to do and/or say in court.

Worked for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau? Contribute to the Community!