Catholic Health Initiatives

Reset
2.2
Catholic Health Initiatives CEO Kevin E. Lofton
Kevin E. Lofton

Pros
  • Reasonable work-life balance depending on the part of the organization you were in (in 13 reviews)

• Faith based company that give training, especially in the area of project management PDUs (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • i see nothing anymore about core values and the mission (in 10 reviews)

• Upper management is not for the employee's who are doing patient care (in 7 reviews)

1. Accounts Payable

Current Employee - Accounts Payable Supervisor in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Supervisor in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health care org, religious base

Cons

changing healthcare causes a ripple effect

Advice to Management

encouragement, communication

2. CHI review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Good 2015 benefits, interested in the physical well being of their employees. Making attempts to become more technologically advanced.

Cons

Lack of communication from upper management. Salaries don't appear to be competitive, RICE values are not always adhered too.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Be honest in your conversations with your employees. Rre-evaluate your salary structure. Show your employees the respect they deserve. Consider changing your outdated dress code.

3. Executive Assistant

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Englewood, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large organization, leader in the healthcare industry

Cons

Obvious fear among employees of upper management - atmosphere is like Stepford Wives

Advice to Management

Develop a team concept

5. Epic Certified HIM Application Analyst

Current Employee - Applications Analyst, Ambulatory Electronic Health Records (ITS) in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Able to work remote - great benefits - salary is average

Cons

Stability is always a question..... layoff after layoff

Advice to Management

Stop hiring staff when all your going to do is turn around and lay them off in 3 months.

What Happened

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pros were all at the beginning when the initial initiative we worked under had merit, the concept was sound, and the process was being developed and rolled out. We had management support and good benefits.

Cons

The cons didn't take long to reveal themselves as push-back almost became the norm. For all the work being put into identifying and analyzing the issues that were of the biggest concern to the markets it became more of an exercise in futility as these issues were not being addressed. Consequently, people lost faith in the process.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, and not just those at your level. Come down from the Ivory Tower and walk in the real world.

7. Lack of Focus

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives

Pros

When I started it was great. A new group was formed to bring all the MBOs together "under one roof" with a common set of goals and measures. Got the impression that all were on-board with the idea.

Cons

Didn't seem to take long for the opposition to start. More energy was spent trying not to achieve the stated goals than it would've taken to just do the minimum requirements. Not all were opposed to the ideas but there were enough to eventually derail the whole thing. Management priorities seemed to shift whenever the wind blew.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. The propaganda didn't match the actions taken. Got the impression they were talking out of both sides of their mouths.

8. Not a good employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nothing to say here.

Cons

Management doesn't know what they want the corporation to be. Constant change without any focus to make prior changes work. They continue to buy under performing facilities that negatively impact the bottom line. As they continue to grow the work load ever increases without adding the infrastructure of personnel to support the growth. Focus now is cost reduction including massive cuts in pension/retirement plan and PTO. Not a good environment with morale at an all time low.

Advice to Management

Focus on what you already have instead of buying facilities that are already losing money. Focus on being a better workplace that is not a sweat shop.

Drinking From A Fire Hose

Former Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great employees within the company!!

Cons

Stressful environment due to attrition rate over the last 18 months.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach.

10. 2 years, 7 managers

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Englewood, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time

Pros

Nice building, nice location, I learned a lot about healthcare and the ACA while working there, and recently saw the VP I worked for laid off with a 2 year severance after being an employee for less than 2 yeas, (pro for him)

Cons

Acquisition of unprofitable MBOs, back stabbing manager told me "You're one of the most technically competent people I've ever worked with, but you have a problem with managing perception". I went from an "exceeds expectations" to having my goals rewritten prior to my review to exclude most of what I'd been working on and completed for the year. Then I was "laid off", but they tried to deny unemployment. (unsuccessfully) Trustworthy, Loyal? Fail. Working for CHI was the biggest mistake of my career. "Cronyistic capitalism in the guise of a faith based not for profit" from another review aptly describes this snake pit.

Advice to Management

Outsource everything to India, get laid off, take the severance, and hasten the sell off.

New senior leadership changing core values to be financially-based; Ooutsourcing IT had severe consequence

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Englewood, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will always hear that the people make working here worthwhile, but as more and more 'good people' leave for various reasons, even that has changed this past year.

Cons

At first I thought it was just IT since the CIO and new President decided to outsource, but it appears most employees feel they are overworked and undervalued.

Advice to Management

Was major shift intentional when overall policy became recently driven by Finance, which continues to necessitate your decision for layoffs and cost cutting measures, such as outsourcing when 700* employees were let go a few years back? Major repercussions have stressed employees across the enterprise as more is expected for less. HR/IT Management is sorely lacking. Employees are treated as expendable. There are decision makers in Management that probably aren't on-point qualified but achieved position due to political maneuvering. The Respect-Integrity-Compassion-Excellence posted on every wall is expected of employees but you don't see it much in Senior Management. Many vendors won't deal anymore with CHI--you at top need not be so indifferent to our general reputation and what your employees are really experiencing. So many good people have been let go or are leaving that CHI runs risk of become a mediocre provider of healthcare that's driven by the dollar like every other corporation that's created their downfall and misdirected focus on cost-cutting decisions--instead of honoring the values your employees once were passionate about contributing to---caring about patients first--not expensive perks for leadership while employees are being driven to work harder while HR remains focused on making their goals that caters to corporate but treats employee and especially contractors as irrelevance and expendable.

RSS Feed </> Embed