Catholic Health Initiatives

www.catholichealthinitiatives.org
Employer Engaged

Project Manager II

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent learning and growth opportunities. Exposure to many different healthcare technologies. Formal PMO. Great pay.

Cons

Limited project collision avoidance tools. Only short term opportunities for contract employees.

Sr. Logistics Travel and Event Coordinator

Former Employee - Senior Logisctics Event and Travel Planner in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Logisctics Event and Travel Planner in Denver, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast paced and on the go place to work. Very changeling!!!

Cons

it ended to quickly.

Stay engaged with you team. They work hard for you and sometimes feedback and encouragement will go a long way.

Good Place to work

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives

Pros

Staff is friendly and pay better than some other hospitals.

Cons

Very bottom line. some management not qualified. Hospital is very old and run down

CHI no longer the company it was

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives

Pros

none that I can remember

Cons

They are not interested in performing the work of carrying on the traditions started by the church to help the sick.

start over.

Application Analyst

Former Employee - Applications Analyst I
    Former Employee - Applications Analyst I

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives

Pros

Good Team mates and Coordinators, Pay

Cons

Supervisors and Management Those I directly had dealings with miss the mark on 2 out of 4 Core Values. Integrity and Compassion. As far as Reverence and Excellence these were on an as needed basis. Behind the scenes not so much.

Sweep a few more out the door and you just might make it.

Things have gone downhill the past few years.

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is average. Some excellent staff to work with. Opportunities to bid on other positions at other facilities. Excellent Core Values: Reverence, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence. Can get time off when needed if have the PTO time banked.

Cons

Lots good people leaving or laid off. Health benefit coverage less each year. Pay increases very small each year. Impossible to get above average rating which is what is used for pay increases. Not all departments abide by the Core Values. Many jobs go on the website for applicants when the department already knows who they are hiring. They are just going through the motions. They keep buying more hospitals without increasing support staff to handle the work load. In the process of laying off at least 1500 staff right now (Jan 2015). Morale in serious decline.

Too many of you and not enough staff doing the actual work. Speak to the staff doing the work before making drastic changes to see how it will effect everyone, all the way down to patient care. Trust in your staff to do their work. Don't hover over them, proving you don't actually trust them to do their work. Everything is not always about the numbers, but the quality of the work being done instead. Stop telling us to be more positive when everything is crashing down around us and workloads are increasing. Acknowledge the mess we are in and allow us to feel what we are really feeling about it (within reason) without repercussions.

Good for temporary

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives

Pros

Steady hours and decent pay

Cons

Poor management completely ignores any employee input

Listen to your employees

Great Place

Former Employee - Electronic Services Specialist in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Electronic Services Specialist in Exton, PA

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives

Pros

You always knew where you stood. Everyone was treated the same. You could actively work in other departments for overtime.

Cons

When it came to your annual review, only your actions in the second half of the year had any effect on your scores. Your attendance was more important than your productivity

Please Pray for Us

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed, easy-going atmosphere. People are friendly, non-confrontational. Seldom is heard a discouraging word. Good educational opportunities.

Cons

CHI’s business model is to acquire hospitals and medical practices for the revenue. There is an assumption that the principal of economies of scale would come into play here and a large organization, such as CHI, would be able to run the hospitals more efficiently. At the present time though they seem to be losing the battle and are less efficient as a large organization than the sum of their parts. Their only response is to cut costs (headcount) while abandoning proactive cost-cutting initiatives which would actually make them more efficient, i.e. death spiral. But wait! There is always divine intervention, CHI’s secret hot line to the almighty!

If you insist on running an adult daycare center, you must continue to outsource as much of the business operations as possible in order to achieve your corporate objectives. IOT, keep your corporate values, just make sure you outsource to companies who don’t.

Very pleasant, good atmosphere and opportunities for growth.

Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive salaries, friendly work environment, room for growth and development for one's career.

Cons

Multiple workforce reductions that can leave some employees feeling unsettled.

Work towards finding other solutions besides workforce reductions. Example, the reductions have taken place alongside across the board national salary increases and acquiring additional contracting teams. I believe if you were to poll employees they would choose to skip a salary increase for a year to be able to keep their jobs.

Catholic Health Initiatives Photos