Catholic Health Initiatives

Updated September 27, 2014
2.5

Catholic Health Initiatives President and CEO Kevin E. Lofton
Kevin E. Lofton

Pros
  • Reasonable work-life balance depending on the part of the organization you were in (in 13 reviews)

• Faith based organization with sound mission (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Core Values are not observed, Mangers and Directors have no clue on what they are doing nor do they care (in 10 reviews)

• It will be good if they give Work from home Facility at least once in a month or so (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Have had to compromise own ethics along the way.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company pays very well and does a good job to promote for within the company. The benefits are good and investment options have gotten better.

Cons

Middle management is powerless and HR is wishy washy with little to no backbone. The core values are religiously preached are rarely practiced by upper management. Company is growing too fast that it seems it can't remain in control. Data loads are messy, IT can't keep up, AP can't keep up etc.

Not for the employees or patients

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

Good pay and accrual of vacation time is sufficient.

Cons

Upper management is not for the employee's who are doing patient care. They will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat. It's no longer about patient care, it's all about the money

A company with lots of potential but too many egos and people in the wrong jobs!

Current Employee - Project Manager I  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager I in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time for more than a year

Pros

The group of PM's I worked with were experienced and took great pride in their jobs and the experience they delivered to their customers. Office culture is OK, not a lot of flexibility as far as remote work, as people in positions (at VP level) don't agree with it, even though the department outgrew multiple work locations and there were hiring/pay increase freezes.

Cons

Peanut butter approach to raises except at high levels; meaning that everyone if they are decent will get the bare minimum, which is usually 3-5%. This doesn't promote people who are at the bottom to try harder and people at the top to consistently hold up their level of customer service. It says, no one is any different and regardless of how much you work, how much time and effort you put into your job, you will never be differentiated or paid anything more than than the average worker year over year, as far as raises are concerned. It is socialism.

Clean house! Get people who can make decisions at their level. If you are VP, don't worry the average worker, but manage your Directors and ensure they are meeting the goals. Give Directors and Managers the ability to manage their folks according to their management style, not yours. Overhaul your incentive program and your annual raises - you have to give people something to work towards. People are not all equal and it should show up come incentive time. Look at the benefits and cost savings of telecommuting and allow folks to cube share 2-3 days a week. You will save a ton, promote wellness and work/life balance, which in turn gives you more productivity. Publish your pay scales for levels and quit under-paying people. If I move from job 1 to job 2, I should know the pay scale and what I need to do to continue to get promoted and more money. If I make $30K a year and that is the max in my old job and the new job starts at $50K a year, then I should make $50K a year, as an example. The gap in the pays scales are all over the board. And guess what, regardless of policies and lack of transparency internally, people talk and they know what each other are making, so you are just setting yourselves up for failure. Your employee turnover will continue to be huge until you correct these problems. Get rid of the QA program for Project Managers and just let them do their jobs. There is WAY TOO MUCH paperwork and process for projects. Go with the minimal set and let people run projects. Too much process is killing you!!! No one, except the EPMO, cares. You will never keep good PM's long because of this. Lastly, outsourcing the Help Desk - how is that working? I hear it is horrible. Bring it back in-house.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good when IT was all in house

Former Employee - Technical Analyst  in  Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Pay
    Good Insurance
    Good work environment

Cons

Understaffed
    Did not always back employees enforcing rules
    Always willing to bend or break rules for the right person instead of having a standard and sticking to it

none

Good benefits even for part time!

Former Employee - Database Administrator  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Louisville, KY

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives part-time for more than a year

Pros

Even as a part time employee I was given loads of paid vacation and ample sick days. This is where management is very understanding. I was treated as an adult should be and given these when requested (given that I proved enough notice ahead of time which is the responsible thing to do anyways).

Cons

The department I worked in they where not very flexible with my hours. And being a full-time student as well they refused to work around my school schedule so I had to leave.

Unfortunately my experience with management was pretty poor. I really hope all management isn't this way. I was a database manager and my boss thought he knew what he was doing. And kept screwing with the database I was supposed to be managing and then things would go missing. I talked to him about this several times as nicely as I could but he seemed to think he knew better even though he was not trained in anyway to do my job.

GOod

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time

Pros

good benifits and good schedule

Cons

large coorperation, with a lot of politics

Wow what a mess

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

PTO, Insurance , Adequate time off. Co-workers are easy to work with.

Cons

Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Faith based organization what a joke, just a facade to hide behind. All about money. Would rather bring in travelers than pay an incentive to part time to fill gaps. Patient care not what it used to be, just want warm bodies don't care about experience. People are scared to voice concerns because then you get a bulls eye on your back. Yearly surveys that don't mean a thing other than who answered the questions honestly, not what they wanted to hear. Very political.

Fix it if you read the reviews they all say basically the same thing and nationwide all the same problems. What does that tell you? .

EPMO is a mess

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives for more than a year

Pros

All I can think is PTO, although last year we were required to take a week off between Christmas and New Years. All holidays also come out of your PTO.

Cons

Lay offs not due to performance but monetary only. So those that deserve to stay were let go. Really was a popularity contest.
     One team had half the team members laid off and keep management so the ratio for manager to employee is 1:1.
    EPMO does not follow the rest of the company in allowing work the ability to work from home. A PM mentioned in another review the VP does not believe in it so most managers do not allow it.
    Issues with Clarity and QA

All time low for everyone, give in to what you can control. Allow EMPO employees to work from home 1-2 days a week.
    Everyone understands we are under budget but lay offs were handled poorly. Those laid off were scared to tell anyone, only management seemed to know about those that were going and everyone was scared for an entire week they could be one of the people getting the ax (Not probably a CHI friendly word).

Great employees and culture

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great culture, work-life balance. Able to work remotely. EPMO is committed to streamlining with a robust training and education environment for PMs and evolve to remain relevant and flexible with the roll-out of huge projects.

Cons

The environment can feel somewhat unstable due to ongoing facility acquisitions, the changing healthcare environment, restructuring of departments and so many resources and management that are contractors coming and going.

To retain talent that you have already invested in and recruit a higher level of resources increase salaries or offer other compensation for lower than industry standard salaries.

Unexpectedly wonderful.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse  in  Lincoln, NE
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lincoln, NE

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives part-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a small town feel to the culture . People really care for each other and their patients!

Cons

Computer system is not intuitive.

Systematic improvement of the education for new hires.

Catholic Health Initiatives Photos

Good Samaritan Jessamine
Good Samaritan Jessamine

+ Add Photo

Worked for Catholic Health Initiatives? Contribute to the Community!