Catholic Healthcare Partners

Updated January 29, 2015
2.9

Catholic Healthcare Partners President and CEO Michael D. Connelly
Michael D. Connelly

Not great, but not bad for recent college graduate.

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As everybody else mentions, basically all the benefits are nice. While I working, management was experimenting with flex-time, which allowed for you to basically create your own hours (as long as you worked 40 hours a week, and showed up between 7 and 9 AM every day). A very stable healthcare network that is expanding, so there is promise for more opportunities. There is hope for upward growth/promotions, but you have to be around for a while...

Cons

I was fresh out of a four-year college eager to learn, and develop some skills for my career. The job I thought I was getting was nothing I had imagined it to be. My work was very minimal, and management was reluctant to give me more work. I would finish before noon, and spend the rest of my twiddling my thumbs waiting for somebody else to ask for help.

I could have been just the people I worked with, but the office setting was very quiet. Nobody talked, mingled, or even joked. Staring at a computer 8 hours a day can be taxing, it would have been nice if they encouraged a more energetic, playful work space. A coworker of mine was told she needed to settle down because management thought she was too "peppy." I understand the point of that, but at the same time, you try staring at a computer all day and find a way to stay sane.

I felt very over-qualified for the work I was doing, which I was (high school diploma was the education requirement). the work I was doing was not challenging, and I wasn't really getting the skills I thought I would.

I was getting paid $15 an hour, which was not worth it for me. Leaving the company and starting somewhere new was more inviting than sitting through a tough pay grade for a year, all for maybe a $5 pay bump?

Consider a new cubicle design to get employees more interactive. It's miserable the way it is now.

Also, I didn't really feel like there were any performance measures in place. To be honest, I spent a large amount of my day reading CNN articles because I would finish my work so fast. The fact that nobody ever said anything to me was perplexing.

Contractor

I worked at Catholic Healthcare Partners

Pros

I have no pros for this employer

Cons

Worked on a project and they had no clue on the direction of the project.

When you have a project have a plan before you start it.

Senior IT leadership clueless

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work from home privileges, smart colleagues, caring colleagues

Cons

Outsourced, undeservedly arrogant leadership who are friends of the CTO. Look at high turnover rate in certain IT areas as proof. These are not low paid positions; they are salaried high-paying positions. Financial outlook was downgraded in 2013.

Understand the projects/initiatives you're pursuing. Simply checking off line-items on a list is simply not enough; that's what the outsourced director did for a major re-insourcing project - poor quality, didn't listen to well-qualified team. Again, hired friends to produce a product that is not user-friendly and was warned about it. Don't let management be rude to vendors and overtalk them during meetings; it's a bad impression, creates unnecessary tension and serves no purpose.

Constant reorganization had a negative impact on employee morale.

Current Employee - Practice Operations Specialist in Amherst, OH
    Current Employee - Practice Operations Specialist in Amherst, OH

I have been working at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Work-life balance is great. Supervisors allowed employees to take care of important personal matters during the work day. Management also allowed telework to take place.

Cons

Career development / mentoring for employees was non-existent. I was also underpaid for the great level of responsibilities I was held accountable for in my position.

Organization must invest in its employees by offering career development and mentoring opportunities system-wide. Also, pay employees competitively.

Invoice Verifyer

I worked at Catholic Healthcare Partners

Pros

Flexible hours, close to home. Pushed me to learn things I never thought I could.

Cons

Not very accepting of employees differences in life.

A busy place to work

I have been working at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time

Pros

Reliable work schedule for the most part, job security, retirement, health care and paid time off benefits, variation in location at times, not your typical desk job.

Cons

Required on call rotation, overtime, long hours possibly through the night during deployments and installments, lack of advancement opportunities, no continuing education incentives or funding, minimal if any bonuses or raises.

More opportunities for career advancement, continuing education incentives or funding

Terrible place to work

Former Employee - Care-path EPIC Security Applications Coordinator in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Some benefits are good such as the 403b. But not worth the stress. Meet a lot of really good people, but they eventually move on. A good I between job place.

Cons

Teamwork is nonexsistance, especially with the carepath team. Everyone is trying to set you up for failure the majority of the time and leadership is the worst for making timely and pertinent decisions when it come to the welfare of their employees.

Look at the over all scope of the employees needs and do what is best for them and you will have less turnover. Sometimes paying attention to their well being and giving them more of what they need, such as time off after large projects, and not expecting the impossible.

Still deciding

I have been working at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Caring organization; mission-based. A lot of good people

Cons

Lots of change; very behind technology-wise.

Keep doing what you are doing, it is going in the right direction; longer tenured employees are valued because they've been there a long time versus being good at what they do. Some change is just re-work of the same processes versus really tranformational.

I had the opportunity to learn many things about managing and leading.

I have been working at Catholic Healthcare Partners

Pros

Autonomy, collaboration, leading, benefits, compensation

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities were weak

Great Place

Former Employee - User Provisioning Analyst in Toledo, OH
    Former Employee - User Provisioning Analyst in Toledo, OH

I worked at Catholic Healthcare Partners full-time (more than a year)

Pros

easy going, good people, they care about you.

Cons

Pay rate was on the low side for the work, work load was huge.

Not sure management can do much about it, the pay scales need to be updated, more room to grow would be excellent as well.