Catholic Medical Center

Alyson Pitman Giles

IS analyst

Current Employee - IS Analyst in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - IS Analyst in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Catholic Medical Center full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great environment with supportive team. Flexibility of hours.

Cons

Priorities are not managed well enough to balance workload. Although there is flexibility with the hours of the position, there is an expectation to put in many extra hours to meet deadlines regardless, easily leading to a work life imbalance.

Overworked, Underpaid

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Catholic Medical Center part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company offers a wide variety of benefits, including a small tuition reimbursement program. The patients are mostly satisfied with the care.

Cons

The challenges are that you are expected to care for too many patients at once, creating an environment that is unsafe for both employees and patients. If upholding patient satisfaction is a goal, then please - hire more staff. However, when you aren't paying much to your employees, it's hard to hold on to anyone good.

Increase your pay scales dramatically! Offering $22 an hour to a new grad RN is a slap in the face. You can't even begin to pay back student loans with that amount of money. We are professionals, not disposables. Please treat us as such.

Excellent

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Manchester, NH

I worked at Catholic Medical Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really loved how everyone was very helpful and friendly

Cons

Wish my husbands job hadn't relocated us to GA

I have nothing to say I was totally happy with everything while I was working there and when I needed to have anything done at the hospital

fear of jobs

I worked at Catholic Medical Center part-time

Pros

benefits, wages, parking, cafeteria, some friendly staff

Cons

favoritism, being trained by an 85 year old who doesn't listen to your questions and just about slaps you when you do something wrong--- tells you off when you make a mistake in front of others, is too busy listening to others gossip when you have questions to ask

Please see above cons and ask other in the department who probably wouldn't tell in fear of their jobs. --- each employee in that department feels as I do.

Great place to learn lots of skills

Former Employee - LNA in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - LNA in Manchester, NH

I worked at Catholic Medical Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I learned and got to use a lot of job related skills at this job

Cons

Scheduling is not always flexible

Take more time to thank the staff. When I worked at cmc I never met any upper management.

CMC is a hospital that is committed to quality, its patients and employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I worked at Catholic Medical Center

Pros

CMC truly attempts to excel in the quality of care that it provides. It's culture is like a tight-knit family: a small hospital with a big heart. The staff look out for each other and this includes physicians as well as the nursing and support staff. Because of its Catholic mission it truly reaches out to the disadvantaged in the community and you feel part of a larger purpose in providing health care for the heart and soul, not just the body. Management treats employees with respect. While a high standard is expected of the staff, punitive measures are only used if the offense is egregious and intentional, otherwise training and coaching to improve are provided.

Cons

Because it is a small hospital career advancement is limited. While its pay scale for the bedside staff is competitive and I think upper management are compensated well, I don't think it pays middle management positions very well. The family-like environment has its downside as there can be some favoritism involved in promotions. Upper level management tends to be reactionary rather than proactive in its strategic mission and the facilities are sporadically up-to-date.

Management needs to be more forward looking in planning the overall strategic plan and communicate that to the staff. I worry about the future viability of CMC as a stand alone organization. I think that it will eventually be bought out by a more financially savvy institution.

great place to jumpstart career

I worked at Catholic Medical Center

Pros

very caring environment; helpful coworkers

Cons

small hospital no room for advancement

happy here

Current Employee - Housekeeper
    Current Employee - Housekeeper

I have been working at Catholic Medical Center

Pros

nice people to work with

Cons

varying schedules and hours each week

keep up the good work