Catholic Medical Center

Add Photos

Alyson Pitman Giles

IS analyst

IS Analyst (Current Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsGreat environment with supportive team. Flexibility of hours.

ConsPriorities are not managed well enough to balance workload. Although there is flexibility with the hours of the position, there is an expectation to put in many extra hours to meet deadlines regardless, easily leading to a work life imbalance.

Excellent

Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsI really loved how everyone was very helpful and friendly

ConsWish my husbands job hadn't relocated us to GA

Advice to Senior ManagementI have nothing to say I was totally happy with everything while I was working there and when I needed to have anything done at the hospital

fear of jobs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbenefits, wages, parking, cafeteria, some friendly staff

Consfavoritism, being trained by an 85 year old who doesn't listen to your questions and just about slaps you when you do something wrong--- tells you off when you make a mistake in front of others, is too busy listening to others gossip when you have questions to ask

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease see above cons and ask other in the department who probably wouldn't tell in fear of their jobs. --- each employee in that department feels as I do.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to learn lots of skills

LNA (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsI learned and got to use a lot of job related skills at this job

ConsScheduling is not always flexible

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more time to thank the staff. When I worked at cmc I never met any upper management.

CMC is a hospital that is committed to quality, its patients and employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Manchester, NH

ProsCMC truly attempts to excel in the quality of care that it provides. It's culture is like a tight-knit family: a small hospital with a big heart. The staff look out for each other and this includes physicians as well as the nursing and support staff. Because of its Catholic mission it truly reaches out to the disadvantaged in the community and you feel part of a larger purpose in providing health care for the heart and soul, not just the body. Management treats employees with respect. While a high standard is expected of the staff, punitive measures are only used if the offense is egregious and intentional, otherwise training and coaching to improve are provided.

ConsBecause it is a small hospital career advancement is limited. While its pay scale for the bedside staff is competitive and I think upper management are compensated well, I don't think it pays middle management positions very well. The family-like environment has its downside as there can be some favoritism involved in promotions. Upper level management tends to be reactionary rather than proactive in its strategic mission and the facilities are sporadically up-to-date.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more forward looking in planning the overall strategic plan and communicate that to the staff. I worry about the future viability of CMC as a stand alone organization. I think that it will eventually be bought out by a more financially savvy institution.

great place to jumpstart career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery caring environment; helpful coworkers

Conssmall hospital no room for advancement

Advice to Senior Managementexpand

happy here

Housekeeper (Current Employee)

Prosnice people to work with

Consvarying schedules and hours each week

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Worked for Catholic Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!