Catholic University

Add Photos

Catholic University President John Garvey

John Garvey

21 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great organization to be a part o

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat organization to be a part of.. fosters an environment conducive to learning. Allows adjuncts to think outside of the box and have complete control of subject matter.

ConsCompensation structure could be better, personal growth depends completely on you - whether or not you want to put in the extra work.

Working at Catholic University was an incredible experience.

Sacristan (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThe office culture at CUA is professional; however, the people that work there are interested in the whole person, not just a numbered-employee. I felt as though I was a person, not an object.

ConsThe work-life balance in my job was often challenging.

If you are about to retire and have no desire to advance in your career path, this is the place for you

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsBeautiful campus/landscaping, managers and staff members are pleasant to work with. Generous vacation and holidays, low-stress job.

ConsThe IT department had gone through horrible restructuring and reorganization that resulted in massive layoffs and resignation. Generally staff are treated as a second class citizens and the pay for staff is really low. Due to some financial predicament in the past few years, salary for mid and low level staff has remained static. Some of the senior level staff are over paid.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not worth the money

Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsAs a post-grad fellow, I enjoyed working for my professor, but it was only a short-lived position, so it really didn't get me too far.

ConsThey don't really have much in the way of support once students have graduated and are still struggling to find jobs. I've been out almost four years and still have not found permanent employment.

Good atmosphere, very poor research laboratories

Research Associate (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsManagers are very nice and the work place is peaceful

ConsThe facilities are old and not very comfortable

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company values are very good and respectful

I do recommend to work here

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsFriendly people, working environment is nice,people are willing to help each other

Conspay could be a little better, the university needs more diversity,

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Decent experience

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsHad a terrific holiday schedule, and my compensation was more than fair for the level of work.

ConsHealth policies follow Catholic doctrine (obviously not surprising, but was a con for me). Definitely would see double the bureaucracy with both church hierarchy and academic hierarchy were involved in decisions.

Good people, make changes

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGreat people, good students. Dorm life improving little by little. Changes on South side of campus should help.

ConsBad upper management at the time, 2011. Some of the deans were not involved as they should be.

CUA is an okay institution if you're okay with being oppressed-by professors and staff- and not using your own thoughts!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsMost managers at Catholic are so nice and pleasant to work with. The scene is absolutely stunning with beautiful old buildings, centenary trees, green grass and flowers everywhere.

ConsThe administration doesn't care at all about your working conditions. usually the salary is a joke unless you have a more senior position. It's usually very cold there dying the winter. They don't like to turn on the heat.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart communicating more with the lower-level positions and start to actually care about them. Communication is the key.

Review

Senior RA (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood people that love GOD & baby Jesus

ConsThere were some atheists there

Advice to Senior Managementpray

Worked for Catholic University? Contribute to the Community!