Cathy Jean

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carl Jones

Great shoes for nights out

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe prices are fair and the styles are super cute

ConsEverything is a final sale

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow customers to exchange shoes with a valid receipt

Worked at Cathy Jean for a year

Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

Pros-flexible with school hours
    -easy to get the job (more difficult to keep it)
    -lack of job experience okay
    -60% employee discount (but they make hideous shoes and the worst quality)

Cons-pay is bottom of the barrel
       There is commission, but you must sell 85 dollars an hour and anything after you make 10%. Some do make decent commission, and it does payoff during holiday.
     Seasonal employees do not receive commission.

-unrealistic sales goals
      You must sell 85 dollars an hour just to keep your job. Shoes are extremely cheap and ugly.
       The boots even smell like fish from the color dyeing process. Within 3 weeks they will fire
    you. No matter how great of an employee you and how hard you work. Huge turn over rate!

-no customer service
     The company often looses it's customers. They have the worst return policy. Then upset the customer even more by making them jump through hoops to see if they can possibly return a defect. This is not the mangers or sales associates fault it's the upper management.

-upper management is horrible
      They really have no morals. Especially the DM I had. She is the ultimate dragon lady. When you are constantly disrespected as a human being and never praised for anything you do well it takes a toll. Eventually hard working employees like myself leave.

-They do not offer direct deposit and you must personally pick up your check every Monday after 3 pm

Advice to Senior ManagementGo corporate already!!! Get buyers who have taste! Evaluate your upper management and office workers! Get rid of the 85 dollar an hour requirement! Treat humans with respect!! Have better return polices! Customers like to be valued too! Your business is already going downhill so it's time to change before it's too late!

Let down

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice employee discount and customer base.

ConsMinimum wage, dated pos system and no pay past closing time although manager does expect that you stay over to wipe down glass display cases.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould provide better benefits to their employees and compensate for all time worked.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the worst companies you could ever work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosemployee discount (60%)
    easy to move up / get promoted as long as you are doing well
    actually has cute shoes that you get a first look at and try on

Conscompany only cares about sales, if you don't make it you're fired (even for managers, they don't care)
    lots of employee turnover
    stressful environment
    open/close alone sometimes meaning you don't get a first/last break (sometimes no break at all)

I learned how to work with and be better than my former unprofessional, mean, snobby managers and coworkers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's another stepping stone and life experience to my real career

ConsCathy Jean needs to discipline their management so that the managers , assistant managers can be the good example for the employees. If you have rude, selfish, snobby managers , expect that's many of the sales associates will be the same. You have to sell $75.00/hour and many of the times it can be impossible to make your goal, especially when it's a really slow day and there are too many girls in the same hour. The shoes are not that reliable and worth the money, they will easily break on you and make your feet hurt! The only shoes that will last you some are the boots. Heels, sandals and flats will break the week you wear them guarantee . And the company always post false sales, because everything is always supposedly on sale. For example, shoes will originally be $160 and they are on sale for $60 but the truth is they are worth $33 only. False advertisement

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to be real leaders not those who can use and abuse their employees

One of the worst Companies I have ever worked for.

Co-Manager (Former Employee)

Pros-Employee Discount
    -Flexible Schedules
    -Friendly Co-Workers
    -Laid back environment

Cons-Job Security
    -Constant Criticism and very little praise
    -Disorganized
    -Lack of Communication - instructions and policies varied based on which manager/higher-up you spoke with.
    -The company does not care about their employees.

I would strongly advise staying away from cathy jean.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication needs to be worked on so ALL employees are on the same page.
    Take responsibility for problems and don't blame junior employees.
    Don't treat your employees like garbage that can be disposed of so easily.

Nightmare

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Prosi can't think of one pro

ConsI was hired as an administrative assistant. I was put in the back to work in the warehouse. what a circus! they send out shoes that are in horrible condition. The customer service is a mess. They don't answer emails and hang up on customers that call in. Also the owner is abusive towards his employees. Yelling and cursing at them. Stay away!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't even have any advice. the company should be shut down

It was horrible

Co-Manager (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsThe schedules are pretty flexible and its easy to move up in the store leadership. Holiday checks were very good.

ConsThey expect too much for too little. They start you at $8/hr plus commission but you have to average at least $90/hr over the course of two weeks in order to get it. They want you to work for at least an hour in the stock room putting shoes away after shipment but they dont take tat hour into account when it comes to averaging your sales. I would never recommend this job if youre not in high school.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your workers better and treat them like you actually care about them as a person and employee.

it was ok

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros-great learning experience
    -first job
    -the people were friendly
    -60% off discount
    -flexible scheduling

Cons-training was ok
    -expect you to sell $85 per hr you work with little customers (it was a small store)
    -3-5 hr shifts once or twice a wk

Stay away!

Store Manager (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

Pros-Discount
    -Cute shoes
    -Lots of free time

ConsDistrict managers are cluless. The president of the company is out of touch with reality. Unrealistic expectatios. No technology in store-No POS, handwritten receipts, hnad written/counted inventory. You usually work alone in the mornings and the evenings.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. Act like a business and not a circus.

Worked for Cathy Jean? Contribute to the Community!