Cathy Jean Reviews

Carl Jones

1. Ok place to work

Former Employee - Key Holder in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Key Holder in Sherman Oaks, CA

Pros

Commission is earned if you sell more than your goal

Cons

High expectations when the store is always dead

2. Seasonal sales associate

Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Chandler, AZ

Pros

There was a commission opportunity if you sold over a certain qouta, that's when you start getting commission.

Cons

It was a minimum wages job and all that standing around for hours on end.

Advice to Management

Actually do some of the dirty work and not just leave it to the new associates.

3. Not the worst job but not the best

Former Employee - Co-Manager
    Former Employee - Co-Manager

I worked at Cathy Jean full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great Coworkers -Great Manager -Love the DM Andree, sweetest person in the world. -60% off!!

Cons

-The way they have their "weekly goals" "dph" set up is horrible. They stress you out if you don't make your goal because you can get fired if you don't make it 3 weeks in a row. They don't care who you are, if you don't make your goal they will fire you. -When corporate visits they don't take the time to meet who is working for them. They just march in there look around and leave. -Pay sucks. Yeah it's a retail job but it will it will take a year before you can get a raise and if you do get one its like 50 cents. -Customers are the rudest and you can't do anything about it. (Probably like that at every retail job) -They will blame you if you do not increase for the day. How is it our fault is the traffic is slow and no one is walking into the store? How is it our fault if the shoes are ugly and hurt? Really? How is it our fault that people don't want to buy the shoes? -Return policy sucks. Because the return policy sucks, we get a lot of angry customers yelling at us because we won't take back their shoes. Customers do not realize that we don't make up the policy, the company does. But we get the burnt end of it.

Advice to Management

As you can see there was a lot more cons than pros. -Cut out the Dph. All it does it discourage employees from selling. It made me not want to work there. It made me very stressed. -have better communication. -Make up your minds. Don't have us do bay changes on a Tuesday and then have a whole new set of bay changes on Thursday. It takes up too much time and is really annoying. -Don't count the hours an employee does for inventory to their dph. That's not fair at all. -Don't praise during the interviewing process at the fact that employees make commission when in reality we don't unless it's holiday season. -if doors are broken, keys are lost/broken, toilet is broken, or anything that relates to that get them fixed!! It's annoying having to walk some where else to use the restroom not to mention it takes away from selling time. Also I have to use so much gas to pick up a key from another co worker which I don't get compensated for!

5. Terrible

Pros

Possibly the only great aspect of the company were the coworkers at the store location.

Cons

Everything felt so unorganized at the corporate office. Employees were basically dispensable. Hated it.

6. assistant manager

Former Employee - Co-Manager in Daly City, CA
    Former Employee - Co-Manager in Daly City, CA

I worked at Cathy Jean full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were no positives to working at Cathy Jean other than black Friday when you can sell A LOT in order to get good commission

Cons

They make you work off the clock, long hours, sometimes by yourself, and for parts of your shift you have to do stock work and those hours are included in your selling hours as well which brings your Sells per hour down

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better and make the hours that they are doing stock work not count towards commission

7. Key Holder

Former Employee - Key Holder
    Former Employee - Key Holder

I worked at Cathy Jean part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very generous employee discount. Commission IF you meet your DPH (dollars per hour).

Cons

Horrible hours. Also, if you don't make your sales goal by the end of the day you have to make up for it during the week or at least make the store average, which wasn't always that easy when there's no customers. No direct deposit and on top of that you have to wait until 3PM to deposit your check. Very old school/traditional in their way of managing the store. Oh, you also have to be attractive to work here. No room to advance/move up position wise.

Advice to Management

Find a way to provide at least 15hrs/week for part time associates. Upgrade how the store is managed, i.e., POS systems and upgrade the use of technology.

8. NEEDS TO MAKE CHANGES IN THE COMPANY

Current Employee - Co Manager in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Co Manager in Culver City, CA

I have been working at Cathy Jean full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee Discount is 60% Andree the regional manager is really nice and really active in the company. Store Manager is very professional, great leadership skills and very organized

Cons

Low DPH 3 straight in a row = YOUR FIRED NO FRIDGE NO MICROWAVE SHOES SMELL LIKE NAIL POLISH SOME SHOES CHANGE COLOR WHEN WET

Advice to Management

DPH system isnt working. you are losing a lot of good employees because of it.

9. Fun place to work!

Pros

Family owned, really nice people in the company. Great discount on awesome shoes!

Cons

Typical challenges associated with working in a retail environment--dealing with rude customers, odd hours, etc.

10. Don't waste your time

Current Employee - Key Holder in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cathy Jean part-time

Pros

Cute shoes, loved my Co workers and manager, lots of fun when business picks up

Cons

Upper management are very rude, will not hesitate to call and yell at you if your sales are down. They will also yell at you for things that aren't ur responsibility, like other employees calling in sick.the girls in my store absolutely dread answering the phone for this reason. They expect you to do more than what ur paid to do (tasks which should be given to manager) high turn over rate They keep close tabs on ur sales daily and will fire you if you don't do well Employee discount is a joke, 60% when everything in the store is already 50-70% 0ff.

Advice to Management

Talking rude to your employees everyday will only make them quit. At least TRY to show some respect !

11. Work anywhere else

Current Employee - Key Holder in Westminster, CA
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Westminster, CA

I have been working at Cathy Jean part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great discount, opportunities for advancement within retail division

Cons

very low pay rate- they will literally be as cheap as they can (i was only offered a $.75 raise to be puerilities to assistant manager!), commission is terrible, high turnover rate, no focus on customer service or care for employees' well being

Advice to Management

better pay=better, more loyal employees

RSS Feed </> Embed