Cattlemens

Updated December 6, 2014
Updated December 6, 2014
3.1

CEO

Family owned company that cares for its employees

Former Employee - Food-server/Bar Supervisor in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Food-server/Bar Supervisor in Roseville, CA

I worked at Cattlemens part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunities to advance exist for those who choose, most of the management started at entry level positions. It is a ideal job for students as most shifts start after 5PM.

Cons

Advancement could take more time than other companies due to lack of turnover. Working for tips can be brutal during business slowdowns.

Create a Manager-in-Training program to identify and develop stronger management candidates in house.

Not a good job for a seasoned server

I worked at Cattlemens

Pros

They are closed on major holidays

Cons

They are so worried about getting "shopped" it makes for a very robotic working environment. If a guest wants to take their time and enjoy every course they basically can't because the servers have specific timingś engrained in their sequence of service. I would only recommend this company for someone completely new to the restaurant industry. If you know how to run a section well, you will hate working here.

Good food, crummy pay

I have been working at Cattlemens

Pros

Food is good, and half off most menu items.

Cons

Hostesses don't get tips, and not very many hours. Takes a long time to move up as it is by seniority.

Tip your hostesses! They work hard too and set the tone for the whole night.

Great coworkers, fun environment, and easy move up.

Current Employee - Bartender
    Current Employee - Bartender

I have been working at Cattlemens

Pros

Cattlemens definitely has it's positives. The food and drinks are great which are an extra plus considering you get a 50% discount. Aside from that, it's a small family company and it's easy to meet upper management. In most restaurants you're lucky enough to meet your bosses boss, but here you will meet the president of the company. Most of the management teams provide you with all the training tools needed in order to be the most successful. They pry themselves on being number one in the chain and help you make the most out of your time spent there.

Cons

There aren't as many perks as there used to be for employees. Being a certified trainer, I spend a lot of extra time helping new employees adjust to their new environment and also help to make sure they do well. I don't mind it, however trainers are hardly rewarded for their work. If more perks and rewards were brought to the table (for all staff members) I think it would be an even better place to work for.