CauseLabs Reviews

Updated May 18, 2014
Updated May 18, 2014

3.7

T.J. Cook

Great people and great mission.

Current Employee - Designer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Designer in Denver, CO

I have been working at CauseLabs full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company has an outstanding culture and mission and I'll never forget my experiences there. The projects we worked on were all for truly wonderful causes. Each one was different from the last and presented their own interesting challenges. It's priceless to know that our hard work was making the world a better place. Around once a month we'd take a full day to work on internal projects which I always looked forward to -- some of them were outstanding including an idea for an app that eventually went on to hit the App Store and bring in revenue which was split fairly between the company and the employees who created it. CauseLabs employees are a great bunch overall and I still stay in touch with many of them.

Cons

Working remotely isn't for everyone. It was my first time doing it and I enjoyed it a lot, but there were times when I feel I could've done better work if we were in the same place. However, the company does do an awesome annual retreat and there are many occasions a group would be flown out for a week to work together on a particular project.

Great work from home job working in agile with unseasoned leadership

I worked at CauseLabs full-time

Pros

Good exposure to mobile projects and lots of work from home flexibility. Good team structure and role definition as well as a functional agile approach makes the actual work quite pleasurable and effective.

Cons

Despite a cool and transparent culture on the surface Causelabs actually driven by a nepotistic leadership team that rewards close friends over effectiveness.

Promote people smarter than you not your friends.

Amazing people and amazing experience

I worked at CauseLabs full-time

Pros

CauseLabs is a fun, energetic, and rewarding company. Lots of great work is going on along with a real passion for how their work can change the world.

Cons

It's still a young company and has a road ahead of it to mature processes and engagement methodology.

Focus on career development, marketing, and keeping the culture intact.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I belong at HiDef

I have been working at CauseLabs full-time for more than a year

Pros

HiDef Culture
    Serving Great Causes
    Talented Team
    Innovative Projects

Cons

No cons at this time

Cutting edge technology minus the good pay and backing of upper mgmt.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at CauseLabs

Pros

Flex hours, virtual company. Work with new technologies and mobile devices. Nice to not have to drive to work or dress up.

Cons

The pay is really low for the work we are producing. Mgmt thinks we should work for less since we are working for great causes, to bad not everyone believes in the Bible. Also if you speak up about an issue and the core team doesn't like it, they will not back you up. Core team only wants yes people.

Mgmt needs to start backing up employees. Everyone believes if you don't say yes to everything core team wants you will be put on the short list to get canned.

Frustrating and high level of struggle

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at CauseLabs

Pros

Remote work, flexible hours, challenging projects

Cons

dysfunctional management, inconsistent execution of work policies, lack of support of employees

Be consistent with your policies and give more opportunities for employees to make amends when they make mistakes

Great Causes, Great Projects, Great Team

I have been working at CauseLabs full-time

Pros

Challenging projects
    Innovative programs
    Talented teammates
    Fun atmosphere
    Good benefits
    Telecommuting options

Cons

Still growing and adding the right team members is a challenge.
    Fast-paced and with current processes, this can sometimes cause stress, but it is improving.

Growth is important, but growing too quickly can change the culture of a company. Hold true to your mission.

Growing company, great vision, constantly improving

I have been working at CauseLabs

Pros

Passion of the staff in everything they do
    Fun, positive virtual environment
    Technically challenging projects that continually hone skills
    Innovative policies for enhancing employee experience
    Internal innovation program getting better and better, helping achieve balance
    New hub for physical presence is huge addition for staff & clients
    Great new HR supervisor and system encourages good will and more streamlined reviews

Cons

Too-fast growth in 2011, some bad apples hired, some burn out, hurt morale for a bit
    Still not diversified enough from large clients, though making great progress
    Young exec team. Well intentioned but treading new ground constantly. Makes the company innovative and agile but that's always balanced by changes and sometimes unclear policies.

2011, especially the last part, has been a great improvement. Senior management has addressed growing pains, culture issues, and policy gaps by filling out benefits, raising salaries, improving regular communications, negotiating changes in client relationships, and making better hiring decisions. I've seen drastic improvements. Keep them coming.

Worked for CauseLabs? Contribute to the Community!