Cbeyond Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated August 28, 2014
3.2

Cbeyond Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Geiger
Jim Geiger

Pros
  • Company has strong sales training program and will prepare you for the "real world (in 24 reviews)

• It has been a great opportunity for entry level experience into Cisco and telecom technologies (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Anyone who says long hours has a different point of view than I do (in 28 reviews)

• Every day you are out there beating the bushes knocking on door to door of local businesses (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

38 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Top sales people do what they love to do!!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

#1- I love the culture and the employees that I work with.
    #2- This company continuosly trains on the new products that are being rolled out and how to help postion them to prospects. (There are also design engineers that can help support you on appointments and explain the more technical aspects that you may not understand.)

Cons

-sometimes salesforce takes a long time, especially when we have to put together quotes through docusign

None at this time

Good

Former Employee - Account Executive in Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learning experience, Fun quota trips, good culture

Cons

cold calling, high turn over, not the best product, low base salary

Reward those who are selling

Pretty good experience with a lot of sales and product training

Current Employee - Account Executive II in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive II in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The products and sales engineers are fantastic

Cons

The company has some industry related reputations to overcome before they can penetrate a high market share.

Use the advertising methods competitors are using. SEO, Local SEO, PPC etc. Also consider paying an online reputation management company. Your return on investment will come in droves. Once you are doing these kinds of things I would be happy to recommend anyone to work for Cbeyond.

Get the "old school" people out of Cbeyond ASAP

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a ton of training, almost everyday. It's on the technology and selling; if you pay attention you can learn a lot even if you have experience selling. The transition to the 2.0 model should have happened a few years ago because it makes more sense. There is very little door to door anymore, you need to be more strategic in prospecting. We seem to be on a good path, but who knows what will happen when we are acquired by Birch.

Cons

Upper management is nightmare. A lot of yelling at people, clear favoritism, will only train or support the people he likes, doesn't listen to anyone, ever.....just barks orders at us. Intimate and personal relationships with the sales managers is common and is justified by saying "mentoring" them, the list goes on. Every sales rep hates and tries to avoid upper management , but they are still here. Corporate turns a blind eye for some reason. It's just a matter of time before we start suing for all the HR violations.

Start hiring people for management jobs from outside of the company. It's an old boys club and seriously stupid people with no skills get "brought up" (The Orange County upper management came up under old school VP's just because they are best friends). Corporate needs to come out and see what really goes on; we all hear how different the Atlanta office is and it's just not right the branch doesn't even resemble what this companies core values are.

Good teaching foundation of sales/ cold calling

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Teaches you how to sale. How to cold call, how to be results driven. Competition is huge

Cons

Lack of territory boundaries, leadership is not always great. Company has bad review, over hyper sales rep and bug customers.

Teach consultative sales.

Upward mobility, great rewards, great culture

Current Employee - Account Executive II in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive II in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Upper management is fantastic and has created a great company culture. I really enjoy coming into work every day, working with great fellow staff members and managers. I think the organization has a lot of potential for future growth and am looking forward to seeing where we can take this business!

Cons

Definitely not a job for those that aren't good at selling. I came in with previous sales experience and have seen success and promotions. But if you're moving from job to job and not producing anywhere, then sales, in general, might not be for you!

keep it up!

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good product training and sales training.

Cons

Poor sales culture. Mirco management. Pressure sales.
    Phone time is used to annoy customers, and mangers are over hearing your calls.Feels like babysitting. Sales reps are treated like glorified telemarketers .Cold calling and appointments are micro managed. Sales model doesnt work and customer get turned off by persistances.
    Morning training everyday is a waste of time that can be used for sales preperations.
    Having to check into the office at the end of the day, is also a waste of time and productivity when they don't pay for mileage.

Also, cbeyond has a horrible reputation with business prospects In the field. Their products and serviced are expensive and unreliable.

If you are a seasoned sales rep, stay away ...this position is geared for an entry level sales person.

Need to hire seasoned sales managers and vp.

Not very good

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Garden Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Garden Grove, CA

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You learned some aggressive sales tatics, and you also made some great friends.

Cons

The non-stop grind of everyday. Also the management wanted you to be too aggressive at times scaring the potential client away.

Terrible Reviews loose you deals

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Freedom as an outside rep, allows you to interview with out being suspected

Cons

Micromanagement, terrible product quality, dishonest management and training tactics to get in doors. Lying to business owners that you're 'following up on information' when no marketing material is ever sent. Not a smart way to start a business relationship.

Product is garbage, I lost out on a ton of money based on the product reviews only to see them fail on the accounts that i was able to sell.

Give employees a work life balance, coming in at 7, going into the feild all day only to have to be back to the office, yet no earlier than 5:30 to train for another hour +. Change the mandated phone time to let employees make calls when they see fit. It's not motivating to be screamed at to make dials when it sounds like you're in a call center to the person on the other line.

Awesome

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cbeyond is great, hard but great

Cons

long hours.. but you learn a lot.

los angeles branch is to awesome