Cbeyond

Cbeyond Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Cbeyond Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Geiger

Jim Geiger

Pros:
  • "Company has strong sales training program and will prepare you for the "real world"
    in 21 reviews
  • "It has been a great opportunity for entry level experience into Cisco and telecom technologies"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Anyone who says long hours has a different point of view than I do"
    in 28 reviews
  • "It's cold calling door-to-door B2B sales"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

The New CYBEYOND

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time for less than a year

ProsAWESOME PRODUCT SET!. They have a full suite of products from Cloud to mobile phones and everything in between. The comp plan is also great!

ConsStart up environment- those who are entrepreneurs will love it.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay to get the best people possible.

No career path

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cbeyond full-time

ProsMy team was great and fun to work with
Great community projects
On site gym
Great classes at the gym
Gym was free for employees

ConsNo career growth opportunities
Too much office politics
They rarely promoted from within
The pay was not great
No free snacks

Opportunity of a lifetime

Solution Specialist (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time for more than a year

ProsCbeyond gave me an opportunity to learn consultative solution selling as an entry-level employee. The product training was excellent. The daily expectations have changed dramatically over the past year and a half. I am now in charge of my own daily schedule and am free to run my business how I see fit. My sales have improved because of the recent changes in management style. I have met some incredibly successful people that I am proud to call my mentors. Community involvement is quite fulfilling.

ConsThe sales training has not evolved to mirror the actual sales strategy that lets one be successful in this position. Consequently, new employees are often discouraged for the first 4 months. After which, they either quit or are ambitious enough to succeed no matter the circumstance. A lot of the tenured employees are falling off at a rampant pace - probably because change makes people uncomfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe have moved away from hiring entry-level; but, I wouldn't be a national sales leader without such opportunity. Take a chance on a green employee if you see the determination in their eyes. For those that own a successful track record, be a coach and a resource, but let them run their own business.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Here at a good time

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time for less than a year

ProsI have an amazing manager who understands how to manage each one of her reps. Those that are hungry will get fed. Learning curve for IT (new field for me) was not that bad, only needed to know benefit to sell, have engineers on appointments to talk tech.
-Since I've been here, motto has changed from hitting 50 doors a day to a more balanced approach of targeting researched leads and selling more complex solutions. Initially we were heavily micro-managed, and now we no longer have to return to the office everyday.

ConsNew motto is still being fine-tuned, and average sales-cycle is longer because of complex sales. Gas reimbursement for AE definitely can be improved. Hard to keep work life balance at first, lost 5 lbs of muscle because too tired for gym.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore contest, stir up more competition. Also more training on advanced sales techniques outside of the model.

A Company Evolving

Tier I Technical Support/NOC (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe people are very professional and great to work with. Very good mix of cultures from around the world. Good ethical organization with emphasis on giving back to the community.

ConsManagement not always suited for the position they are in. Very under staffed for the customer base. Internal promotion policy antiquated.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your tried and true tenured employees who have stuck with you during your growth and transformation, They know and understand your infrastructure.

Average internship for average pay

Solutions Advisor Coordinator (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cbeyond as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe people were very friendly and welcoming. This particular internship was not difficult at all.

ConsI felt like I was just a number, or lost in the company. Could be boring at times.

Good Compnay to allow career growth.

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSenior management available and know employees personally, For those who have have desire, time is allotted to visit other departments for potential movement within.

ConsNo structured training for employees, learn as you go, hopefully you are working with a good group of coworkers who want you to succeed as well as the team.

Good teaching foundation of sales/ cold calling

Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time for more than a year

ProsTeaches you how to sale. How to cold call, how to be results driven. Competition is huge

ConsLack of territory boundaries, leadership is not always great. Company has bad review, over hyper sales rep and bug customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach consultative sales.

Great experience at Cbeyond

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company culture is the best part of the company. There aren't the traditional layers, even senior management are working in cubicles. A lot of recognition is given to those who are innovative. There is a gym available to Cbeyond employees (free!) that even offers free classes. There are a lot of events throughout year where Cbeyond employees can volunteer and contribute to the community.

ConsSome job functions are very specialized, it is sometimes difficult for some managers(not all) to see or understand the "big" picture.

Field Engineer

Field Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people you work with are great.

ConsNo annual salary reviews and no increase in pay for over 16 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are the 3rd leg of a successful business. Reward your employees and see productivity increase and over all increase in revenue will follow along with reduced expenses.
If you don't reward employees expect the stool to fall.

Worked for Cbeyond? Contribute to the Community!

Cbeyond Videos

Cbeyond – Why Work for Us?

Cbeyond puts the latest technology within reach of any size business. Using our private, high-bandwidth network, we deliver voice and data services from your location to the cloud. By shifting the technology burden to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cbeyond reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cbeyond CEO Jim Geiger. All 266 reviews posted anonymously by Cbeyond employees.