Cbeyond

Cbeyond Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Cbeyond Chairman, President, and CEO Jim Geiger

Jim Geiger

Pros:
  • "Company has strong sales training program and will prepare you for the "real world"
    in 22 reviews
  • "The sales model is great for an entry level sales proffesional"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "Anyone who says long hours has a different point of view than I do"
    in 28 reviews
  • "The "door to door" style of sales is old fashioned and doesnt work like it did 15 years ago"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Love working at Cbeyond. Love working with the people at Cbeyond.

Learning and Development Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsWork is fast-paced so you are never bored. People are great - they motivate me to get out of bed in the morning:) We have an amazing gym that is fully-managed. We are encouraged to use the gym during working hours, provided we make up the time away from our desks. Cbeyond has also awakened in me a desire to give back to the community by sponsoring days and weeks of service to encourage us "care relentlessly" about our communities.

ConsSometimes you have to work longer hours to maintain your sanity when project deadlines arise. It has been said that many times leaders are "building the plane as they are flying it." Sometimes we leap before we look to rush products to Sales.

Great company to learn and grow.

ProsAwesome people, wonderful leadership. Cbeyond is a great environment to work in. I have learned so much from the leadership team and my experiences there. They have an on-site gym which is awesome.

ConsDefinitely fast paced environment and sometimes there is a lack of direction. The phrase "do more with less" gets thrown around a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop for a moment and focus. Listen to your employees, they have a lot of valuable insights.

Good company to work for

Sales Engineer (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat company to learn the industry and move around many different places to move to further Cisco knowledge.

ConsPoor customer service some middle management is needless and seem to only care about what helps them and no the end customer

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of bad middle management.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Returning Employee "The Grass Isnt Always Greener"

Tier II Tech Support (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsI am wanting to write a real review on Cbeyond as perceived from the employee who thought there was better than a company than one that promoted from within, recognized hard working employees, worked with you on your schedule, assisted in helping you reach your bonus potential, gave you all the tools to succeed and the list goes on.

I left to pursue a "job" at a very successful start up company. Benefits were fantastic, atmosphere was wonderful but it was missing the things that glue a business together. The ability to grow and learn was missing, the passion for the customer was missing, and the "team" environment was not there.The honest truth is the job is not always easy. Job posts sound appealing because that is what they are meant to do. I am grateful and blessed to return to a place that is going to allow me to complete the career that I started.

ConsMy honest cons were my own. I want to list what I complained about then explain. When in Tier 1 I did not like 30 min lunches. In Tier 1 and 2 I thought there should be more formal training. Honestly these werent real company issues. The 1st was a preference, and the 2nd was a fault of my own and many people. Training for work is no different than school. If you dont invest personal time, you will never grow. On the happy note though as I was in my final 2 weeks there was a lot more training available.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish I had honest advise to give here. If anything I would have liked to discuss deeper with management what my complete future goals were and set realistic dates to try and achieve the goals. That is useful to motivate employees to achieve success.

Great training program ... Toxic work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe training program will benefit you in your future job. It was very helpful to have trained at this company. Actually seemed as if they tried to make the job enjoyable.

ConsWork-life balance is very low. Extremely micromanaged while selling an inferior product into a saturated market. Bogged down by terrible corporate structure.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive outside reps more freedom

High expectations, terrible reputation.

Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsGood benifits, and decent pay for experience. They do a good job a keeping a positive attitude within the office, so every day starts out on a positive note. Good training for getting into sales. If you want to build up a tough skin it's a good place to do it. Every sales job after this will seem easy.

ConsThey need to try really hard to keep everyone positive in the office because once you leave, reality will hit you hard. Happy customers are hard to find and there are plenty of unhappy ex customers.
    They tell you that they are making some big positive changes when they hire you, and that you are one of them, but you will find out that they hire and layoff sales people regularly and that they told that to the previous reps.
    They practice a common business tactic where they have massive layoffs in the fourth quarter to make sure their fourth quarter reports look better. If they are paying half the people then they arent loosing as much money.
    You'll find when you go to an account and they will tell you "I will never do business with Cbeyond again." When you try to tell them your changing they say that's what Cbeyond has always has said.. Some businesses actually have "No Cbeyond" signs on their doors. You have to toughen up quick or you'll be miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your really trying to change the company the actuall do it. Change your name. "Cbeyond" has a stigma. Some of my coworkers aren't even putting it on their resumes. Turn Cbeyond 2.0 into "INSERT NAME HERE" 1.0

Could have been great

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

ProsNice product set-- a good solution.

ConsLots of talk by management, needs more action.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a plan and stick to it.

Great Company, Great Opportunity

Atlanta, GA

ProsThere is a culture here that we work for our customers first, one another second and shareholders last. When communication is clear and consistent, collaboration can really be fun. Great vision from the CEO and clear plan to succeed. Amazing amount of work and progress can be completed when there is teamwork, leadership and budget in place.

ConsSome of the Senior Leadership Team tend to preserve information like members of an exclusive country club. At times, the company feels like it's actually ten times larger due to the time it takes for things to take shape. Due mostly to functions that are very thin in some departments (Marketing) and heavy in others (IT).

Advice to Senior ManagementClear away the obstacles to progress. Bring clarity to operating plans throughout your entire line of responsibility.

Pretty good experience with a lot of sales and product training

Account Executive II (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe products and sales engineers are fantastic

ConsThe company has some industry related reputations to overcome before they can penetrate a high market share.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the advertising methods competitors are using. SEO, Local SEO, PPC etc. Also consider paying an online reputation management company. Your return on investment will come in droves. Once you are doing these kinds of things I would be happy to recommend anyone to work for Cbeyond.

Sweat Shop Labor

Prosgood sales training
    product is good
    room to move up in the company if you can last longer than 6 months

Cons12 hour days
    worked like a sweat shop
    high pressure sales environment
    buisness model flawed

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Worked for Cbeyond? Contribute to the Community!

Cbeyond Videos

Cbeyond – Why Work for Us?

Cbeyond puts the latest technology within reach of any size business. Using our private, high-bandwidth network, we deliver voice and data services from your location to the cloud. By shifting the technology burden to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cbeyond reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cbeyond CEO Jim Geiger. All 288 reviews posted anonymously by Cbeyond employees.