Cbol Corp

Excellent Opportunity

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Cbol Corp full-time

Pros

CBOL has a proven international business model over 27 years, developed and maintains a superb system with all detailed data on real time base, and is a very clean company. You can learn A LOT from A to Z. What you learn at CBOL in 2 to 3 years will be much more than what you can learn for 10 years at any other companies or schools. In school, you pay and learn, but at CBOL you learn a lot more with salary, paid vacation, etc. To those who like to LEARN and GROW, it is the perfect place.
    Financially very strong. So many nice co-workers around.

Cons

CBOL is not an easy company because training is tough and it demands a lot, but worthwhile.
    Anything valuable is not easy.
    If you are looking simply for a job, it may not be a good place.

Been Two Years and My Opinion Still Stands

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at Cbol Corp full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Payment is always on time and without problem. For the most part, what was promised the first day is what they delivered.
    Work is done when you leave.
    Coworkers were great.

Cons

They changed their policy when I left on a few things that seemed to reduce our benefits and I didn't like the company enough to stay through the changes. It's been two years since I left and it's still my least favorite company to work for despite getting along with coworkers. It was religious in an uncomfortable way and I didn't like the micromanagement of my team leader despite probably getting more freedom than my other teammates. The time I was there, pretty much everyone wanted to leave. I only know of a few people who are still left from the circle of coworkers I socialized with. The work was totally fine depending on the team you're on. But the company as a whole and atmosphere was a pretty negative experience.

Focus on employee input.

Do not work HERE or get out while you still CAN!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

I worked at Cbol Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food! Some cool people fresh out of college who don't know what to look for in a job but are very friendly.

Cons

Management forces religion on you. They take away benefits like sick time and then give them back. They secretly record people's conversation in the conference rooms. It's just BAD!!! They knowingly pay employees 30% below market and management is PROUD of this!!!!! DO NOT WORK HERE!

Racism from the Asian/Korean management team!

Take some HR classes, go back to kindergarten and treat your employees like you'd want to be treated. The CEO treats employees like they're dogs.

What You Make Of It

I have been working at Cbol Corp full-time

Pros

Financially strong and stable company. Full benefits. Reasonable work hours. Paid vacation & sick days. Nice co-workers. Will learn a lot about international business. Company is expanding so there are opportunities for promotion if you excel.

Cons

It’s a job, like any other. If you don’t enjoy working in sales, this may not be for you. There’s also a culture gap between management and the general staff: old school immigrant versus young American. At times, this can create misunderstandings on both sides.

Some of the sales team leaders (not all) are old school and micro-manage staff members. This can come across as lecturing rather than training and supporting. Try to get all managers to empower their staff by trusting them more and encouraging them. Overall, the company should do even more to create an open, cordial environment. Give people the space to be themselves. Foster an atmosphere that inspires people by making them feel comfortable so they want to come to work, not because they have to.

Half the people writing the reviews on here are part of the reason CBOL sucks

Current Employee - Project Coordinator
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Cbol Corp full-time

Pros

How can the reviewers/ex-employees whine about work/life balance? You never have to take any work home. Clock in, start work. Clock out, go home and don't care at all about work.

Consistent pay

Good camaraderie

Cons

Upper management is pretty narrow-minded.

Job doesn't require much thinking.

Incompetent coworkers complaining about basic/simple things.

The quality of the reviews speak for themselves.

For example: "Too many responsibilities, overwhelming work"
    Really? The job isn't that hard. It's not some complicated job. That's probably why you, and I, got hired in the first place even though we didn't study anything that pertains to exporting chemicals/raw materials. And if you did, you must've messed up in school because you should be able to find a better job.

Don't get me wrong - CBOL is a badly-run company. But that's partially due to the dimwits they hire. They should stop hiring so many incompetent asshats, fire the ones that are there right now, and split up their pay amongst the competent ones.

That'd lead to more efficiency, better company morale, more competitive applicants, and a better rating on glassdoor.

Stop hiring so many people that can't do the job. Start firing people if they don't pass their probation. 3 months is plenty of time to learn the job.

Tell Spencer to go home.

Clarification of No Sick Leave from Previous Review

I worked at Cbol Corp (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed the people that I worked with that were not in management.

Cons

Just a clarification for the "no sick leave" written in others' reviews. At the time I left, CBOL had combined 10 days to be used as vacation days or sick days. A co-worker had had to use one of his vacation days for his grandparent's funeral, instead of bereavement leave. I've heard that since I've left, they made changes to the sick leave/vacation day policy, so I'm not sure what it is now. If you interview with them, you should ask to see what it is.

Good training ground for better jobs in the near future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Cbol Corp full-time

Pros

Decent place to learn and accumulate experience, for desperate fresh college graduates.

Cons

Badly run and badly managed company. High turnover rate, to a point all eligible employees jumped ship for better opportunity; only the ones without hopes and dream remain.

Learn and adapt as the company gets bigger. The old ways worked when the company only had 20 people; adapt with your expansion plan, or people are quitting as fast as you can hire them. Sorry I can not be more constructive by being more specific, it would waste too much of my time. There are too many things wrong.

Horrible company

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Chatsworth, CA
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Chatsworth, CA

I have been working at Cbol Corp full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good starting job for new graduates
    Some good coworkers
    Casual dress code

Cons

Micro management
    Upper management incompetence
    Not a career oriented company, the ownership is more concerned about saving as many pennies as possible
    High turnover, more than 50% per fiscal year
    In the last 2 years there has been more than 80 employees who left out of a 120 person out fit
    Lack of HR department, the "director" of human resources is the owners personal secretary
    The upper management don't speak English well, it is hard to understand
    Raises are very small, yet they feel they are being too generous as is

Listen to your employees
    You can't just brush the obvious problems in the company under the rug and not face them.
    This is why your company has not grown at all during your past 2 years of "expansion"
    You are worried about efficiency, yet isn't it waste of money and resources to hire employees just to see them leave in 6 months?

Cbol Corp Response

Aug 1, 2014HR Director

This post contains a factual error. CBOL does not have a 50% turnover rate and 80 of 120 employees did not leave. The turnover rate in 2012 was 27%. If you are thinking of applying for employment ... More

The worse place to work in on a very hostile environment brought upon by upper management.

I have been working at Cbol Corp full-time

Pros

Aside from hiring good people who has been there less than a few years (with the exception of one or two), there's not many good thing to say about CBOL.

Cons

I never thought I worked in a place where misery was hatched from. There are too many hats to wear and no organized structure. The environment is hostile, brought upon by the upper management (with the exception of one or two). Most if not all upper management are NOT qualify. They have no training skills or guidelines to be training the newbies or PC. They use intimidation and condescending tone to speak with people below them.

Yes, you are the problem! You feign ignorance and sweep problems under the rug instead of facing it head on. You are the main reason why employee turnover are high. Professional workplace uses professionalism when addressing problems, not yelling and cursing. It would be nice if you can all get the proper management training you need so that you would know how to approach matters when situation arises (which it often does).

Eye-Opening

I have been working at Cbol Corp full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, 401K, Casual dress atmosphere, high co-worker camaraderie

Cons

Punishment and Criticism are the only motivating tactics this company uses, No sick days, Company redefines the term "micro-managing" to a whole other tier, the grading system that is used to yearly evaluate all employees WILL change without notice every year, you will NOT be properly compensated or adequately recognized for any positive contributions or achievements.

Listen, collaborate and value the lower-tier grunt workers that generate the revenue for this company.