CcTC (Children's Crisis Treatment Center)

www.cctckids.org

Not yet rated.

Antonio Valdés,

A good stepping stone

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsLots of job openings and a committed leadership team. Well defined policies and supervision structure. Good location in the city. Good way to get job experience to advance career.

ConsAgency hurt by the recession and has made a number of cutbacks. It is struggling financially, which makes improvements in quality of work unlikely.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is not much feedback or guidance I can give. It was a good job and gave me great experience. However, the pay scale was not competitive.

Decent starting job but crappy management

Tss (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsDecent pay ($14/hr) I don't know if that has changed now
    A lot of open cases

ConsSupervision isn't online, on site only (don't know if that has changed, I used to work there back in 2011)
    Cases can be far and gas effective
    Managements needs to step up and listen to TSS
    Poor judgment

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the facts first
    Be fair

mobile therapist- school based

Mobile Therapist (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Prosexperience working with adolescents, and crisis situations.
    most co-workers care deeply about clients and strive to provide therapy/interactions that are safe/healing.

Consburdensome, work load/environment can lead to "burnout" quickly
    school-based (non-cctc) disciplinary and policy issues.
    lack of boundaries: leaving work at work (must be able to maintain this on own), there is little support & communication from upper tier management, and frequent miscommunication.
    Lack of supervision.
    Compliance with billing requirements cause for restriction of creativity and use of time.

Advice to Senior Managementmore communication between "higher ups" and clinicians/STWs
    adherence to the Sanctuary Model is needed, not only in direct care, but in work environment.
    Communication with CBH regarding client termination policies- when working with clients that may/usually have some sort of trauma in their past, finding out that their services were terminated by CBH and having to end services for them that day is not only the opposite of the sanctuary model, it can be re-traumatizing for the client.

Worked for CcTC (Children's Crisis Treatment Center)? Contribute to the Community!