CcTC (Children's Crisis Treatment Center)

www.cctckids.org

CcTC (Children's Crisis Treatment Center) Reviews

Updated August 6, 2014
Updated August 6, 2014

2.7

Antonio Valdés,

Great experience, just wished was more organized

I worked at CcTC (Children's Crisis Treatment Center) as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Really caring staff helped make up for the rough days here.

Cons

Good experience for someone who doesn't have much experience in mental health field since it opens your eyes up to new avenues and possibilities of helping at-risk children.

Decent starting job but crappy management

Current Employee - Tss  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Tss in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CcTC (Children's Crisis Treatment Center) part-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay ($14/hr) I don't know if that has changed now
    A lot of open cases

Cons

Supervision isn't online, on site only (don't know if that has changed, I used to work there back in 2011)
    Cases can be far and gas effective
    Managements needs to step up and listen to TSS
    Poor judgment

Get the facts first
    Be fair

mobile therapist- school based

Former Employee - Mobile Therapist  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Mobile Therapist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at CcTC (Children's Crisis Treatment Center) as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

experience working with adolescents, and crisis situations.
    most co-workers care deeply about clients and strive to provide therapy/interactions that are safe/healing.

Cons

burdensome, work load/environment can lead to "burnout" quickly
    school-based (non-cctc) disciplinary and policy issues.
    lack of boundaries: leaving work at work (must be able to maintain this on own), there is little support & communication from upper tier management, and frequent miscommunication.
    Lack of supervision.
    Compliance with billing requirements cause for restriction of creativity and use of time.

more communication between "higher ups" and clinicians/STWs
    adherence to the Sanctuary Model is needed, not only in direct care, but in work environment.
    Communication with CBH regarding client termination policies- when working with clients that may/usually have some sort of trauma in their past, finding out that their services were terminated by CBH and having to end services for them that day is not only the opposite of the sanctuary model, it can be re-traumatizing for the client.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good stepping stone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at CcTC (Children's Crisis Treatment Center)

Pros

Lots of job openings and a committed leadership team. Well defined policies and supervision structure. Good location in the city. Good way to get job experience to advance career.

Cons

Agency hurt by the recession and has made a number of cutbacks. It is struggling financially, which makes improvements in quality of work unlikely.

There is not much feedback or guidance I can give. It was a good job and gave me great experience. However, the pay scale was not competitive.

Worked for CcTC (Children's Crisis Treatment Center)? Contribute to the Community!