Cedar Crest Village

CEO

1. Peer Trainer

Current Employee - Peer Trainer in Pompton Plains, NJ
    Current Employee - Peer Trainer in Pompton Plains, NJ

I have been working at Cedar Crest Village part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, easy going

Cons

not enough work hours

2. A decent company with pretty good benefits

I worked at Cedar Crest Village part-time

Pros

tuition reimbursement
    ability to transfer internally
    various discounts (i.e. cell phone, movie tickets)
    uniform provided for several positions

Cons

they like to hire lots of per diem employees to avoid paying benefits to full time workers; it was difficult to obtain a full time position

Advice to Management

act professionally and advocate for the need for more full time help when needed

3. Great if you're full time. Terrible if you're part time.

I have been working at Cedar Crest Village part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You will have flexible hours.
    You will not be given difficult tasks.
    You will be paid decently.
    The work itself is deeply rewarding.

Cons

You will be employed part time, because management believes it's cheaper to train three discontent per diem employees per season than paying for benefits for one full timer.
    You, as a part time employee, will be insulted with a patronizing attitude and the constant threat of your utter expendability.
    The various Erickson values are thrown around as an excuse to never give anyone a raise or to discipline people, but any claim of employee community is a bad joke. People show up to collect a check and go home.

Advice to Management

Hire more full time employees. Your per diem employees are resentful and disengaged. Provide more paths for growth, or be prepared to face a future of morale issues.

5. Great place to work.

I have been working at Cedar Crest Village

Pros

Friendly enviornment, happy employees, rewarding place to work.

Cons

none at this time.

6. Getting worst by the time

Former Employee - Dinning Services in Pompton Plains, NJ
    Former Employee - Dinning Services in Pompton Plains, NJ

I worked at Cedar Crest Village part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexible schedule.
    pay is ok.
    you meet new people.

Cons

Managers do whatever they want and don't get in trouble.

you apply to be a waiter and you end up washing dishes every day you come to work. if you say no they will make your life hell and take you to the office.

you need to park about 1/4 of a mile from where the building is. that is ok with me. what happens if there is no parking? well you get a ticket, you get six and they send you to park in across the highway.

horrible unprofessional management.

Advice to Management

Not to management since they are unprofessional as they forget about their work responsibility by building friendship with the managers and higher positions. they get away with anything and everything. you go to Human resources and they don't do anything no matter if is 50 people talking against one manager( true story) he will not get fired for the LOVE OF GOD . it has happened. my advise to the people who makes the policies on that place is to: get ready..... DRUG TEST YOUR MANAGERS RANDOMLY!!!!!!!! I can't stand when a manager comes obviously doped out of his mind to work and disrespect us.

7. Used to be good

Former Employee - Peer Trainer in Pompton Plains, NJ
    Former Employee - Peer Trainer in Pompton Plains, NJ

I worked at Cedar Crest Village part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Only thing that is good about this place is flexible hours

Cons

After working here nearly five years I just had to leave things were getting so bad. It used to be a good, friendly place to work, everyone was nice and people talked to one another. Now, everyone is afraid that they will get fired over stupid things like reading a newspaper or being "too talkative" or friendly with the people we serve.
    Some nights, servers are required to do the job of a dishwasher yet not compensated for it(Dishwashers normally make $0.50 more per hour than the regular servers) and you can't really say no.
    The managers are biased, if you're on their good side you can get away with murder but if not, you cant get away with taking a little sip of water in your downtime.
    Managers have schemed to get other managers out of office(the reason why I decided to leave)
    Management makes rules that make us unable to do our jobs in a reasonable amount of time. and then allow countless exceptions to the rule. Except when someone they don't like breaks it, then they will be reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Managers at the overlook: you guys let this place fall apart, we used to be the best restaurant in all of Erickson Communities and I was proud of that fact. but with all these strict rules it makes it impossible to do our jobs. Pay attention to the peer trainers and servers and listen to them in the meetings.

8. Nite mare

Current Employee - CNA in Pompton Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - CNA in Pompton Lakes, NJ

I have been working at Cedar Crest Village part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros,they do not respect the employee

Cons

Poor working conditions no resect

Advice to Management

downsize