Cedar Crest Village Reviews

Updated March 8, 2014
Updated March 8, 2014

1.3

CEO

Getting worst by the time

Former Employee - Dinning Services  in  Pompton Plains, NJ
    Former Employee - Dinning Services in Pompton Plains, NJ

I worked at Cedar Crest Village part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible schedule.
    pay is ok.
    you meet new people.

Cons

Managers do whatever they want and don't get in trouble.

you apply to be a waiter and you end up washing dishes every day you come to work. if you say no they will make your life hell and take you to the office.

you need to park about 1/4 of a mile from where the building is. that is ok with me. what happens if there is no parking? well you get a ticket, you get six and they send you to park in across the highway.

horrible unprofessional management.

Not to management since they are unprofessional as they forget about their work responsibility by building friendship with the managers and higher positions. they get away with anything and everything. you go to Human resources and they don't do anything no matter if is 50 people talking against one manager( true story) he will not get fired for the LOVE OF GOD . it has happened. my advise to the people who makes the policies on that place is to: get ready..... DRUG TEST YOUR MANAGERS RANDOMLY!!!!!!!! I can't stand when a manager comes obviously doped out of his mind to work and disrespect us.

Used to be good

Former Employee - Peer Trainer  in  Pompton Plains, NJ
    Former Employee - Peer Trainer in Pompton Plains, NJ

I worked at Cedar Crest Village part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Only thing that is good about this place is flexible hours

Cons

After working here nearly five years I just had to leave things were getting so bad. It used to be a good, friendly place to work, everyone was nice and people talked to one another. Now, everyone is afraid that they will get fired over stupid things like reading a newspaper or being "too talkative" or friendly with the people we serve.
    Some nights, servers are required to do the job of a dishwasher yet not compensated for it(Dishwashers normally make $0.50 more per hour than the regular servers) and you can't really say no.
    The managers are biased, if you're on their good side you can get away with murder but if not, you cant get away with taking a little sip of water in your downtime.
    Managers have schemed to get other managers out of office(the reason why I decided to leave)
    Management makes rules that make us unable to do our jobs in a reasonable amount of time. and then allow countless exceptions to the rule. Except when someone they don't like breaks it, then they will be reprimanded.

Managers at the overlook: you guys let this place fall apart, we used to be the best restaurant in all of Erickson Communities and I was proud of that fact. but with all these strict rules it makes it impossible to do our jobs. Pay attention to the peer trainers and servers and listen to them in the meetings.

Nite mare

Current Employee - CNA  in  Pompton Lakes, NJ
    Current Employee - CNA in Pompton Lakes, NJ

I have been working at Cedar Crest Village part-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros,they do not respect the employee

Cons

Poor working conditions no resect

downsize

Worked for Cedar Crest Village? Contribute to the Community!