Cedar Crest Village

Cedar Crest Village Reviews

Updated Mar 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Getting worst by the time

Dinning Services (Former Employee)
Pompton Plains, NJ

I worked at Cedar Crest Village part-time for more than 3 years

Prosflexible schedule.
pay is ok.
you meet new people.

ConsManagers do whatever they want and don't get in trouble.

you apply to be a waiter and you end up washing dishes every day you come to work. if you say no they will make your life hell and take you to the office.

you need to park about 1/4 of a mile from where the building is. that is ok with me. what happens if there is no parking? well you get a ticket, you get six and they send you to park in across the highway.

horrible unprofessional management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot to management since they are unprofessional as they forget about their work responsibility by building friendship with the managers and higher positions. they get away with anything and everything. you go to Human resources and they don't do anything no matter if is 50 people talking against one manager( true story) he will not get fired for the LOVE OF GOD . it has happened. my advise to the people who makes the policies on that place is to: get ready..... DRUG TEST YOUR MANAGERS RANDOMLY!!!!!!!! I can't stand when a manager comes obviously doped out of his mind to work and disrespect us.

Used to be good

Peer Trainer (Former Employee)
Pompton Plains, NJ

I worked at Cedar Crest Village part-time for more than 5 years

ProsOnly thing that is good about this place is flexible hours

ConsAfter working here nearly five years I just had to leave things were getting so bad. It used to be a good, friendly place to work, everyone was nice and people talked to one another. Now, everyone is afraid that they will get fired over stupid things like reading a newspaper or being "too talkative" or friendly with the people we serve.
Some nights, servers are required to do the job of a dishwasher yet not compensated for it(Dishwashers normally make $0.50 more per hour than the regular servers) and you can't really say no.
The managers are biased, if you're on their good side you can get away with murder but if not, you cant get away with taking a little sip of water in your downtime.
Managers have schemed to get other managers out of office(the reason why I decided to leave)
Management makes rules that make us unable to do our jobs in a reasonable amount of time. and then allow countless exceptions to the rule. Except when someone they don't like breaks it, then they will be reprimanded.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers at the overlook: you guys let this place fall apart, we used to be the best restaurant in all of Erickson Communities and I was proud of that fact. but with all these strict rules it makes it impossible to do our jobs. Pay attention to the peer trainers and servers and listen to them in the meetings.

Nite mare

Cna (Current Employee)
Pompton Lakes, NJ

I have been working at Cedar Crest Village part-time for more than a year

ProsThere are no pros,they do not respect the employee

ConsPoor working conditions no resect

Advice to Senior Managementdownsize

Worked for Cedar Crest Village? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cedar Crest Village reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Cedar Crest Village employees.