Cedar Document Technologies

Pete Kenning

Solid Business

Analyst (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cedar Document Technologies part-time for more than a year

ProsHard working individuals thriving to make the market better in the world. Provides benefits to all workers trying to get somewhere in life

ConsFairly small company trying to grow. Growing market to individuals seeking the market . Small company

Good company (if not in product development)

Senior Java Developer (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cedar Document Technologies full-time for less than a year

ProsMy salary was good. The company seems to be well managed and profitable. They pay 100% of the employee's medical insurance.

ConsThe software development group is not well managed. I received virtually no direction or feedback from my manager. The team is not very friendly either - I was never introduced to the other developers. Very little communication or collaboration.

The legacy applications are quite dated; 1 is still using Java 1.4. There is a fair amount of cruft in the code. There is also a lot of coupling. Most of the Java code I saw could not be unit tested. But then no one there claimed to be Agile.

I asked several times for documentation or preferable a wiki, but they don't exist. The attitude seems to be read the code to figure things out.

If you are a lone wolf, Cedar might be the right place for you.

As a bonus, the traffic can be a nightmare. Being across the street from Perimeter Mall might sound attractive, but dealing with it is not. (They do offer flex time).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not a start up any more. Development does not need to run like one.

Worked for Cedar Document Technologies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cedar Document Technologies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cedar Document Technologies CEO Pete Kenning. All reviews posted anonymously by Cedar Document Technologies employees.