Cedar Fair Reviews

Reset
3.1
Cedar Fair President and CEO Matthew A. (Matt) Ouimet
Matthew A. (Matt) Ouimet

Pros
  • It is a great experience with getting to meet people all around the world but sometimes it isn't worth it (in 7 reviews)

• You receive free admission to the park during your time there and 5 guest passes (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The long hours can be brutal at times, and seems like you have no life (in 17 reviews)

• Keep in mind that this is seasonal work and that all of the entry-level positions are minimum wage (in 11 reviews)

1. No overtime unless over 52 hours.

Current Employee - Merch Team Lead in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Merch Team Lead in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cedar Fair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People that work there are great. Everyone is so excited. Great supervisors and leads. Nice fun, friendly environment.

Cons

No overtime for seasonal employees unless they go over 52 hours. Low wages, understaffing, hours are hard to work with. People with low work ethic.

Advice to Management

Don't work people to death. Too many people quit because they've been worked too hard. Go easy on people. Encourage them to be outgoing. Be a little more lax with rules, it gets hot and associates have to wait for leads to get them water.

2. Decent Summer Job

I have been working at Cedar Fair part-time

Pros

Good place to work over the summer for a high school or college kid. What you see is what you get. The people there are great, and I know a lot of people who made really good friends there.

Cons

It's working at an amusement, park so what do you expect? Long hours, hot days, and angry guests.

3. Good Entry-Level or Second-Income Job, but Not Long-Term or Well-Paying

I worked at Cedar Fair part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was interesting to work in the theme park industry, and learning about new attractions before they were announced was neat. It was always intriguing to people when I said I worked at a theme park.

Cons

Compensation for "Part-Time" (read: 10-month seasonal) employees was abysmally low for the amount of work and lack of work-life balance required. Communication within the organization was very poor, often resulting in frustration and money and time wasted because of last-minute changes and decisions. There simply were not enough employees to get the job done sometimes, and management had unrealistic expectations for productivity and turnaround times, which ended up requiring a lot of overtime.

Advice to Management

Invest in recruiting and retaining top talent, especially if you run a lean crew. A smaller crew of highly compensated (i.e. talented and motivated) employees will perform better than a slightly larger crew of lesser-compensated folks with less talent or who are distracted by looking elsewhere for better pay. Make sure your lower management isn't promising raises or promotions to employees to keep them on the hook, hoping for more. Also: listen to your employees when they tell you a process is not working well and they offer a more efficient and effective alternative. Management tends to be too set in its ways to consider that there are better ways of tackling tasks.

5. Decent. It could be better.

Current Employee - Grove Attendant
    Current Employee - Grove Attendant

I have been working at Cedar Fair part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are really nice people working there and you feel like family. And most people I have experienced are really grateful of the people working there.

Cons

The weather can be difficult to work with. Some days it's really hot and humid and you don't have really any shade time.

Advice to Management

I don't get much working there and it would be great if I actually got more hours in. Have a fair paying system.

6. Long hours, good management

Former Employee - Admissions Management in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Admissions Management in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Cedar Fair part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free admission to all of the parks is a nice perk; great guest/ customer service experience; easy to get promoted (I worked there 6 months and went from normal line employee to upper management)

Cons

Long hours and there are some guests that are absolutely brutal. Gets better with time.

7. Working at an amusement park

Pros

- Fun work environment - Great employees - free peach tea

Cons

- doesn't pay overtime - rude guests - employee areas are disgusting

8. Only applying to my own position,

I have been working at Cedar Fair part-time

Pros

Friendly and fun teams, cheap cafe food, awesome break room, diverse, entertaining, good hours, attentive and caring supervisors

Cons

High energy must be kept, awkward situations may occur, the openness may make you careless...

Advice to Management

Nothing really, you need to keep giving advice to ME. Great management.

9. food server

I worked at Cedar Fair full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and works around your schedule Friendly coworkers Good as a first job for someone

Cons

Rude Customers, management is not that great

10. Enjoyed my time working for the company.

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Communication struggles throughout the company.

11. Admissions Associate

I have been working at Cedar Fair part-time

Pros

Free tickets for your family once Was a fun environment

Cons

Long drive from where I lived Over-staffed Extremely strict and did not pay enough to even be worth it

Advice to Management

Lighten up, pay your hardworking employees better considering the millions/billions of profit this company makes.

RSS Feed </> Embed