Cedar Fair Reviews

Reset
3.2
Cedar Fair President and CEO Matthew A. (Matt) Ouimet
Matthew A. (Matt) Ouimet

Pros
  • It is a great experience with getting to meet people all around the world but sometimes it isn't worth it (in 7 reviews)

• You receive free admission to the park during your time there and 5 guest passes (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The long hours can be brutal at times, and seems like you have no life (in 17 reviews)

• Keep in mind that this is seasonal work and that all of the entry-level positions are minimum wage (in 11 reviews)

1. No overtime unless over 52 hours.

Current Employee - Merch Team Lead in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Merch Team Lead in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cedar Fair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People that work there are great. Everyone is so excited. Great supervisors and leads. Nice fun, friendly environment.

Cons

No overtime for seasonal employees unless they go over 52 hours. Low wages, understaffing, hours are hard to work with. People with low work ethic.

Advice to Management

Don't work people to death. Too many people quit because they've been worked too hard. Go easy on people. Encourage them to be outgoing. Be a little more lax with rules, it gets hot and associates have to wait for leads to get them water.

2. Decent. It could be better.

Current Employee - Grove Attendant
    Current Employee - Grove Attendant

I have been working at Cedar Fair part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are really nice people working there and you feel like family. And most people I have experienced are really grateful of the people working there.

Cons

The weather can be difficult to work with. Some days it's really hot and humid and you don't have really any shade time.

Advice to Management

I don't get much working there and it would be great if I actually got more hours in. Have a fair paying system.

3. Long hours, good management

Former Employee - Admissions Management in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Admissions Management in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Cedar Fair part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free admission to all of the parks is a nice perk; great guest/ customer service experience; easy to get promoted (I worked there 6 months and went from normal line employee to upper management)

Cons

Long hours and there are some guests that are absolutely brutal. Gets better with time.

5. Working at an amusement park

I worked at Cedar Fair

Pros

- Fun work environment - Great employees - free peach tea

Cons

- doesn't pay overtime - rude guests - employee areas are disgusting

6. Only applying to my own position,

I have been working at Cedar Fair part-time

Pros

Friendly and fun teams, cheap cafe food, awesome break room, diverse, entertaining, good hours, attentive and caring supervisors

Cons

High energy must be kept, awkward situations may occur, the openness may make you careless...

Advice to Management

Nothing really, you need to keep giving advice to ME. Great management.

7. food server

I worked at Cedar Fair full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and works around your schedule Friendly coworkers Good as a first job for someone

Cons

Rude Customers, management is not that great

8. Enjoyed my time working for the company.

I have been working at Cedar Fair

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Communication struggles throughout the company.

9. Admissions Associate

I have been working at Cedar Fair part-time

Pros

Free tickets for your family once Was a fun environment

Cons

Long drive from where I lived Over-staffed Extremely strict and did not pay enough to even be worth it

Advice to Management

Lighten up, pay your hardworking employees better considering the millions/billions of profit this company makes.

10. Working at a Cedar Fair park as a food service team member for five years, my experience was great... sometimes.

Former Employee - Food Service in Whitehall, MI
    Former Employee - Food Service in Whitehall, MI

I worked at Cedar Fair full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My manager and supervisor made the job worth coming to. They were positive, encouraging, and people of integrity, which drove me to want to be the same. Another pro is the benefit of free park admission to any Cedar Fair park on your day off. We took advantage of this!

Cons

Employee turnover is so high that new kids come in and leave before they're ever properly trained. And the training is insufficient, especially for kids who are experiencing their first employment. Also, communication is sub-par between management and lower-level employees. And maybe the worst thing is, employees who show themselves as hard workers are worked longer hours and tougher jobs than anyone else, with very few chances of advancement or reward.

Advice to Management

If I could give one bit of advice, it would be to implement a better training program, at least in the food service department. New employees should be trained by shadowing a veteran at least for their first day, and this should continue for every new station they are asked to work. This would make both team members and supervisors' lives easier because there would be fewer issues to be resolved during operation and everything would run more smoothly.

11. i enjoy the people and the work, it's rare to find either that any person would like but when you do you try your best,

I have been working at Cedar Fair

Pros

promise's of advancement and raise's, but only a pipe dream to keep you at the bottom of the latter so relative's of full timer's with less experience can get what ever full time position that does open(which is not fair to someone who has been employed at the position longer.

Cons

they will tell you don't give up hope ,their behind you and will look out for you when the next full time position open's up, but yet won't give a decent wage to keep you from looking for another job. a job is just like any relationship between two people, there has to be a future in order for it to work out and it can't be a one way street.

Advice to Management

pay what the job is worth and treat the workers the way you would like to be treated, after all-it's the employees that help to keep your job and get you your bonus's . while the employee's has to file for unemployment and struggle to survive and get by until their called back for the next season,which is o'k for some but then you have those who work side by side with the full time employee's helping to maintain the ride's and working just as hard are fired after 10 months whom would rather and need to be employed full time and compensated as a full time, or at least payed $20 hour and that way one could save money's to help when unemployed. those on top forget what it's like to have nothing to show for their hard work these days....i bet most would hang themselves if they lost their high up position and had to take one of these position's and then told sorry -take it or leave it- when you have a family to support and counts on you to provide somewhat a life.....

RSS Feed </> Embed