CedarCrestone

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Company Review

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at CedarCrestone full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for. Flat company with not too many layers. Projects are very well selected. No administrative headaches for miscellaneous requests.

Cons

We sometimes compliment other companies and have to adher to their policies.

Doing a great job! Keep it up!

No hours, no $; dishonest management; no support

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at CedarCrestone part-time for less than a year

Pros

Could be good money if they had hours for you (they don't). Nice people if you can accept that they are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Cons

Too much bench time. Political BS because no work. Oracle sued them and now they don't know who they are. Lots of talk no action. No support in bid process to clients. They will leave you hanging.
    Deep connections into Accenture so if they screw you you're screwed everywhere. Find another gig before you try this one because you won't get one after you've been here.

My manager lied to me. When I confronted him he stood by the lie. Probably because he thought I was too stupid to know the truth. Need to rotor rooter the entire group to the bottom.

A Company with Drawbacks...

Current Employee - IT Admin.  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Admin. in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at CedarCrestone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Has a nice headquarters in Alpharetta, GA. Has some work from home opportunities. There are many nice people here. Developing excellent remediation skills is easy here because there are plenty of problems, issues, and failures to keep them sharp. Seemed to be very kind to those who were in a non-technical role.

Cons

Think of a company growing so quickly it has lost sight of its most valuable asset -- its people. Management wants things done instantly or sooner so overwork is common. Comp-time is very rarely provided even for extreme cases. Technical disciplines receive little credit for their efforts but plenty of blame at the smallest problem. Groups and teams that normally work harmoniously together fail to do so. Problems and blame are often pushed off onto a convenient scapegoat. Observation of those promoted implies that the criteria is the lowest common denominator or the most bland and unobjectionable choice. Most directors and managers were promoted through the ranks therefore they have little external experience or skill in growing a business. For me, job satisfaction was low and things that most other organisations praise receives no notice. Mindless repetitive tasks seem abundant here. Management spends little time improving the environment and fail to fully utilize existing framework. Your expertise will rarely be utilized and/or mostly ignored unless you are among the anointed. If you have no problem with being treated in robotic and clumsy fashion by management this is the place for you. Upper management rarely communicates its appreciation of anything but will berate everyone at it's slightest displeasure. All in all if you have other opportunities I do not recommend this company.

Replace those in management "raised" by the company with those with actual proven skill in growing a business.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent, talented, caring colleagues

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at CedarCrestone full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

excellent team players, supportive environment, company provided desktop support

Cons

position is one hundred percent travel, company was expanding with acquisitions.

Great place for P-Soft expertise

Former Employee - Sales  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at CedarCrestone

Pros

Flexible and entreprenurial environment is second to none

Cons

Was too focused on one solution

Keep broadening your solution set.

Worked for CedarCrestone? Contribute to the Community!