CedarCrestone

Be The First To
Add Photos

CedarCrestone President and CEO Cal Yonker

Cal Yonker

Great company to work for! Competitive salaries.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsThey keep you staffed almost to an utilization of 95% per year. Great benefits, and multiple salary options for the employees working in consulting traveling a 100%.

ConsCompany should offer more training to employees or send employees to training where they can learn new technologies or simply IT related training. The health insurance benefit is super expensive but covers a great number of services.

Opportunities...and Constant Change

Denver, CO

ProsThe CCI Workday practice offers Workday training opportunities, which are invaluable in the market. I appreciate being able to grow with this fairly young practice. There's plenty of flexibility, as long as you're meeting the client and project deadlines and requirements. PTO time is generous.

ConsAs with any young practice, processes are not truly defined yet. They're getting there, but it's a work-in-progress. Benefits are so-so. The insurance benefits themselves are not bad, but employees fund a very large portion of the cost. In theory, the schedule is 4-10s, but in reality, you end up working 5 or more days per week.

No hours, no $; dishonest management; no support

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

ProsCould be good money if they had hours for you (they don't). Nice people if you can accept that they are talking out of both sides of their mouths.

ConsToo much bench time. Political BS because no work. Oracle sued them and now they don't know who they are. Lots of talk no action. No support in bid process to clients. They will leave you hanging.
    Deep connections into Accenture so if they screw you you're screwed everywhere. Find another gig before you try this one because you won't get one after you've been here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy manager lied to me. When I confronted him he stood by the lie. Probably because he thought I was too stupid to know the truth. Need to rotor rooter the entire group to the bottom.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Culture to Work In

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe company offers the opportunity to work with talented coworkers and technically proficient management. Educational opportunities abound and are encouraged. Great benefits and compensation. Multiple compensations plans.

ConsWeak on providing next opportunities when a project ends.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote educational opportunities more

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

A Company with Drawbacks...

IT Admin. (Current Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

ProsHas a nice headquarters in Alpharetta, GA. Has some work from home opportunities. There are many nice people here. Developing excellent remediation skills is easy here because there are plenty of problems, issues, and failures to keep them sharp. Seemed to be very kind to those who were in a non-technical role.

ConsThink of a company growing so quickly it has lost sight of its most valuable asset -- its people. Management wants things done instantly or sooner so overwork is common. Comp-time is very rarely provided even for extreme cases. Technical disciplines receive little credit for their efforts but plenty of blame at the smallest problem. Groups and teams that normally work harmoniously together fail to do so. Problems and blame are often pushed off onto a convenient scapegoat. Observation of those promoted implies that the criteria is the lowest common denominator or the most bland and unobjectionable choice. Most directors and managers were promoted through the ranks therefore they have little external experience or skill in growing a business. For me, job satisfaction was low and things that most other organisations praise receives no notice. Mindless repetitive tasks seem abundant here. Management spends little time improving the environment and fail to fully utilize existing framework. Your expertise will rarely be utilized and/or mostly ignored unless you are among the anointed. If you have no problem with being treated in robotic and clumsy fashion by management this is the place for you. Upper management rarely communicates its appreciation of anything but will berate everyone at it's slightest displeasure. All in all if you have other opportunities I do not recommend this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace those in management "raised" by the company with those with actual proven skill in growing a business.

Great people, but struggling company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a great skillset that the company has acquired through it's talent. The people are very friendly, helpful. The benefits are good.

ConsThe company is struggling. New bids on projects rarely materialize, current projects are not sustaining and employees are leaving. They also shift some employees from a salary position to hourly when they are no longer billable - a move to try and keep the talent on the team without having to pay for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to what you know and don't make false promises you can't keep.

Management has no idea what they are doing with their managed services;

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proswork from home; nice pto policy; quarterly all company meetings

ConsHad 7 managers in 5 years; trouble with keeping people; changing policy constantly; lack consistentcy;most managers barely speak english; no advancement opportunity; no annual review or raises possible; often reduce pay depending on how much they made that year

Advice to Senior ManagementBe consistent, find advancement opportunities, do annual reviews

Lost

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people but no direction

ConsNever knew what the company was doing
    Couldn't sell the product
    No training available

Wild Ride not for the faint of heart

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsI am able to work with some very talented people. At Cedarcrestone, the people are what makes the difference. The work is very challenging and rewarding most of the time.

ConsManagement is in complete chaos. Senior leadership cannot let things be managed below. YOu will never know from one day to the next who is in charge or what is the priority. People do not listen and tend to do their own thing regardless of what has been agreed to.

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize the practice.

Company Review

Alpharetta, GA

ProsGreat company to work for. Flat company with not too many layers. Projects are very well selected. No administrative headaches for miscellaneous requests.

ConsWe sometimes compliment other companies and have to adher to their policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job! Keep it up!

Worked for CedarCrestone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CedarCrestone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CedarCrestone CEO Cal Yonker. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by CedarCrestone employees.