Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center President and CEO Tom Priselac

Tom Priselac

Pros
  • Great benefits such as health care, dental, vision etc(in 13 reviews)

• Overall Good values, good people, very good benefits, good company to work for(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Questionable planning strategies by upper management in regards to preparing for upcoming changes to healthcare industry(in 4 reviews)

• Middle management is generally inexperienced and does not know or understand management(in 3 reviews)

Great Opportunity to improve my skills.

Service Line Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLearning new skills and understand the games/ politics of a large organization.

ConsIf you're not part of the in-crowd,brown nose or Jewish there's no hope for your success.. Their Employee Contracts are At-Will, and upper management will terminate you, if they think you're overly confident, driven and goal orientated . Thus, they are intimidated by your drive and agile approach to situations in the workplace, etc. This was my second place of employment and a negative experience. I'm certain the CEO ( a very kind family man), has no idea how employees' are being unfairly treated and harassed. It would be of great benefit if Cedars-Sinai could implement the Undercover Boss!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementThis was my second place of employment and a negative experience. I'm certain the CEO ( a very kind family man), has no idea how employees' are being unfairly treated and harassed. It would be of great benefit if Cedars-Sinai could implement the UNDERCOVER BOSS investigation method , as they would be astonished by the influx of the harassment and bullying complaints by the minorities!!!!

Hospital fantastic, management, not so much

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMedical benefits, compensation, schedule flexibility

ConsManagement allowed to behave unprofessionally towards each other, employees caught in cross-fire

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your teams, stop the negativity

Good Company to Work For

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOverall Good values, good people, very good benefits, good company to work for

ConsDepending where you work will affect your experience- certain areas are more stressful than others

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you're doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not perfect, but a great place to work.

Research Associate IV (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat benefits, pay, and lots of opportunities for those who are willing to work for it. Employees really seem to care about doing good work. There are also many resources available to balance work and home life. It's an incredibly charitable organization. Good works are rewarded.

ConsEvery department and section seems to act independently of each other. There's a serious lack of cohesiveness which, I think, leads to missed opportunities and reinventing the wheel in perpetuity.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more accessible and work to streamline processes.

the medical center is a great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthe company benefits are terrific

Consdirect management does not know what to do

Advice to Senior Managementinvestigate the operations of each department and check with their respective department personnel to see their real feedback

Working for the hospital made me sick

Support Staff (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe hospital offers great benefits, good location, well paid salary and nice office space

ConsMy old department was well known at the hospital for major staff turnover, a very combative management style and favorite staff members allowed to verbally abuse underlings.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe department needs an outside examination on spending and issues with bullying by senior staff members on administrative/support staff

A fulfilling work environment.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe people in our department are talented genuinely good people.

ConsPeople tend to stick around for a long time, limiting upward potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide education funds for those that want to qualify themselves for upward movement in their career at Cedars-Sinai

Top Tier Research Facility

Research Administrator (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBrilliant people with a passion for research

ConsBureaucracy comes at that price of a large institution.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep streamlining to reduce the bureaucracy, if possible.

My experience at Cedars Sinai was extremely positive because of the strong relationships I’ve built with my co-worker.

Nursing Communication Tech (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSome great aspects of working for Cedars Sinai was the benefits package which included great health coverage and life insurance.

ConsBeing short staffed and having to take on heavier workloads; sometimes causing the team to fall behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistently facilitate individual check-ins between management and team members, so that there is constant communication and opportunities to express feedback/concerns.

Managment is unfair, a lot of favoritism, big turne over of staff in order to prevent Unionization

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsLocation, Most of MD is knowledgeable,

ConsVery political place to work, you better be on the same page with your manager or they will meke you to go. There is NO UNION, Nurses has NO rights, HR is on favor for managment. Violation of patient nurse ration,There have been many days when I went home after working 13 plus hours and not sitting down once or being able to use the bathroom.

Advice to Senior ManagementPLEASE make managers work with patients at list once a month to pick patient and be as a nurse and than see what can be improved or done better. Please investigate WHY nurses living 18 people in 3 month !!!. Why old nurses is ASKED to live???? are you saving on salary or Benefits???

Worked for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!