Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

www.csmc.edu

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center – US – “1”

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center President and CEO Tom Priselac

Tom Priselac

Pros
  • Great benefits such as health care, dental, vision etc(in 13 reviews)

• Overall Good values, good people, very good benefits, good company to work for(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Questionable planning strategies by upper management in regards to preparing for upcoming changes to healthcare industry(in 4 reviews)

• Middle management is generally inexperienced and does not know or understand management(in 3 reviews)

Great people, frustrating bureaucracy

ProsWork with smart and caring people

ConsSlow to adapt to change, tons of bureaucracy, leadership's vision is unclear

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication and transparency

Great work life-balance, little room for growth

Management Assistant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros*Great work life balance
    *Excellent benefits, including cost-free healthcare if you stay within the CSMC system
    *Beautiful campus

Cons*Highly political and little room for growth (for most)
    *Sexist towards women--Men in admin roles seem to advance faster, and if women try to negotiate their salary, they are deemed "money hungry" by HR and management, and this reputation harms their chance of promotion or internal movement
    *Caps on raises

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be more pay equality between the sexes.

Good company, not much growth potential

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe organization cares about its employees and always strives to be the best in the healthcare industry as it relates to patient care.

ConsIf you're not in a clinical position, it's hard to find a steady growth path and the annual pay increases are capped at 3% in most departments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I wish it could have been better

Management Assistant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosgreat health benefits and good salary

ConsThere are some departments in which the service line manager, office manager and HR representatives are best friends and will not help an employee if it affects them in any way; leaving an employee helpless in trying to transfer to a different department.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways make sure that anyone in a management/supervisor position has obtained the proper and appropriate training to be in that position and has not just been given a management/supervisor by a fellow friend.

great place but VERY political

Prosinnovation thought leaders life altering modalities

Consvery very very very political

Advice to Senior Managementgroom your talent and weed out the under performers

CSMC is an excellent place to learn and grow as a New Grad RN

Clinical Nurse I (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsExcellent leading edge care. Most coworkers are pleasant, professional and proud to be CSMC employees. Great benefits and hourly rate.

ConsManagement frowns upon us going over any amount of time. Nurses often resort to clocking out and then continue to finish up work. Some entitled patients may have unrealistic expectations.

Loved working at Cedars and if I hadnt relocated I would still be there

LVN (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThe staff is knowledgeable and care about their patients. It is a fun place to work and when you work there you are truly a professional

ConsNo real cons except there is only one location

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

learning experience to grow in the field and expand

PBX Operator (Former Employee) East Los Angeles, CA

Prospays well has best 41k or ING

Consafter being laid off or several employees in different dept. Cedars refused to give us unemployment or compensation

Great Company, Excellent Benefits

Senior Data Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsExcellent benefits, 403b matching, pension plans, discounts on prescriptions, great work environment, upper management cares about employees and wants them to be satisfied, great location

ConsQuestionable planning strategies by upper management in regards to preparing for upcoming changes to healthcare industry. Worry about potential layoffs is increasing while organization imports expensive building materials from Israel/Palestine to build elaborate new building.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for providing a great work environment. Please be as transparent as possible in regards to organizational outlook in regards to potential layoffs so employees can be prepared for the realities of working for an (perceived) expensive healthcare facility.

Great learning experience

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsOpportunities for career advancement, good coworkers, supportive system

ConsHierarchy among coworkers present based on their title

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!