Cegedim Reviews

2.6
Cegedim Président-Directeur Général Jean-Claude Labrune
Jean-Claude Labrune

A pleasure to work for

I worked at Cegedim full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits; vacation; opportunities for growth; employees seem to genuinely love their jobs and love being a part of the Cegedim family.

Cons

Low starting salary; somewhat chaotic customer service team, seeming to have various conflicting approaches to dealing with and resolution of customer based issues.

Advice to Management

Try to implement a uniform approach for resolving customer issues.

2. Aquired by IMS Health

Former Employee - Market Analyst in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Market Analyst in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at Cegedim

Pros

Good flex time. Very Relaxed work enviroinment. Relatively good place to start your career but the learning curve ends after the second year there.

Cons

Salaries not up to par with competitors. No accountability culture for failures. Company insists on loyalty but cant back it up by being your partner in your career.
    A series of ill acquisitions led to 50% of the company to be sold to IMS Health.

Advice to Management

Delegate some responcibilities and hire some local talent, if you want to be in the US Market you cant import all of your Directors and Top Management.

3. Used To Be Good, Not Anymore. Good First Job Until You Can Go Elsewhere

Former Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Cegedim full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Used to be very good here and very good team environment. Co-workers are amazing but that is best part of the job.

Cons

Used to be good but around 2008 they started downsizing everything. Bonuses going away, having to share a desk between shifts so you don't have own desk anymore, shutting down cafeteria. They weren't laying anyone off but also not hiring new people when people left. Prior to this there were advancement opportunities, if you did a good job you could most likely advance up in a year or two. Main reason I left was because of this. I had taken promotion I didn't necessarily want to but I thought of it as an ends to a mean of getting up to where I wanted to be. When the advancement opportunities dried up I was stuck in a position I didn't want.

Advice to Management

Get it back to what it used to be before the merger. I know the bottom line is the bottom line and if you lose someone you can just replace them for cheaper but you're losing the best people. Most of the best people have left further snowballing the downhill turn. Yes you are weeding out some of the bad people that are late and call out but you're also losing the good people. What remains is people who show up to work for a paycheck, not the kinds that go the extra mile. The good people might cost you 20, 30, or even 50% more than the people you replace them with but they also do 100% more work. You could save more money by having less people if you just kept the good people on board.

5. Cegedim North America

I have been working at Cegedim full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very hard to think of too many. Maybe the flexibility to start and finish the day with no set times. That's about it.

Cons

Management. Every man for himself. You will never get any support from management. They lie and make empty promises to try and keep you motivated. But then never deliver anything except excuses for broken promises about raises, bonuses, promotions. Nothing but a dead end and will put you one foot in the grave with the stress and workload. The pending acquisition by an American company might help.

Advice to Management

Pointless. It goes unheard.

6. Uneducated leaders

Former Employee - Help Desk in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Help Desk in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Cegedim full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I very much liked my coworkers and the tenacious attitude that we shared.

Cons

The staffing decisions are heavily influenced by a distinct circle of friends. Once I decided to graciously put my 2 weeks in as I was moving on to something with much more potential and growth (this concept being nonexistent with Cegedim), I was terminated prematurely for reasons unknown. Not only will the team suffer due to my absence, but when they do find a replacement, they will suffer twice as hard while training them. A good leader would not make a vengeful decision, and be backed by an even lesser minded superior.

Advice to Management

Think what's best for your staff before making spiteful drcisions. Half of the staff I know are seeking employment due to this ongoing behavior. This is not a social club, you get better results when you treat people fairly and honestly. Good luck with the soon to be revolving door.
    Also, maybe include a mandatory management course for those former employees who receive leadership positions. It could help out tremendously for those who haven't a clue how to lead effectively.

7. Things are going downhill fast

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at Cegedim full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There aren't many to list. Comfortable dress code, a few great coworkers but that's about where it stops.

Cons

No raises in two years. When there were raises before that, it was only 1 percent even with an outstanding review. Employees in R&D are told they are not eligible for bonuses, despite having to frequently work long hours and be available nights and weekends. Management cut staff to achieve better profit margins and when the work load increases, they are reluctant to hire more people. When someone in a critical position leaves where it's abundantly clear that a replacement is needed, a request has to go to the corporate office in France for approval along with a reason why we need to hire a replacement. When approval is given, it's usually weeks or months later. It seems like since many employees know they are not getting raises or bonuses, they don't care about their work and it shows, yet management doesn't hold them accountable. It's infuriating to see a small handful of employees work their butts off while the others are just along for the ride, showing up 30-45 minutes late and leaving 15-30 minutes early, every day. Their has been a constant fear of layoffs the past 4-5 years. For a technology company, they are so far behind on everything. Still have Windows XP in use, SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2003..

Advice to Management

Get new senior management!

8. Downsizing their way to profitability

Former Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at Cegedim full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, especially in the technical support teams. Management is knowledgeable about the industry and generally pleasant to talk to. Smart people willing to dedicate their time to helping clients can build a decent career.

Cons

Some teams have taken a "less with less" philosophy, and end up leaving gaps in products/services that the support teams need to fill in. Management not well trained in leadership, and end up being overly frugal and disorganized.

Advice to Management

Invest in quality. That includes actually training people, rather than relying on self-training from a powerpoint presentation.

9. Incompetent management

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at Cegedim full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

37.5 hours working weeks, great colleagues . Free coffee, cafeteria not bad. I can manage our team even if nobody knows it .

Cons

No innovations. Condescending behavior of management. Software developers don't get salary raise for years.
    It was told to us: "Only those who create profit will get bonus . ..." (it means salespeople)...

Advice to Management

Educate yourself. Learn to treat people with respect .... your ship is sinking ...

10. Fast paced company with a competitive edge

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at Cegedim full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits.
    Competitive Pay
    Easy to connect with management

Cons

Lack of tuition and training reimbursement

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Staying in touch with your employees and customers needs.

11. I'm finally free

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Cegedim full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hmm.. If you pleasure the right person, you may seek what your after. In all seriousness, They will work with you on your schedule if you have school or some other activity, but it will not be in your favor. Some of the people you meet you'll become friends with and others not so much. Healthcare benefits are pretty good actually.. Unless you have a family. If your a temp you don't get healthcare through cegedim.

Cons

Limited Opportunities. Management is lacking in all areas. Leadership is non-existant. They are constantly promoting people to higher positions that cannot do the first level job (CSR) correctly. Basically, If you suck at your job as a CSR, they will not want you taking phone calls ruining quality.. They don't want to necessarily fire you either because it looks bad on them too if their turn over rate is high - so you will be promoted.

Advice to Management

Quit your job. You are not good at what you do.

RSS Feed </> Embed