Cegedim

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jean-Claude Labrune

Fast paced company with a competitive edge

Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cegedim full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat benefits.
Competitive Pay
Easy to connect with management

ConsLack of tuition and training reimbursement

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. Staying in touch with your employees and customers needs.

Downsizing their way to profitability

Senior Technical Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Cegedim full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat co-workers, especially in the technical support teams. Management is knowledgeable about the industry and generally pleasant to talk to. Smart people willing to dedicate their time to helping clients can build a decent career.

ConsSome teams have taken a "less with less" philosophy, and end up leaving gaps in products/services that the support teams need to fill in. Management not well trained in leadership, and end up being overly frugal and disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in quality. That includes actually training people, rather than relying on self-training from a powerpoint presentation.

I'm finally free

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Cegedim full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHmm.. If you pleasure the right person, you may seek what your after. In all seriousness, They will work with you on your schedule if you have school or some other activity, but it will not be in your favor. Some of the people you meet you'll become friends with and others not so much. Healthcare benefits are pretty good actually.. Unless you have a family. If your a temp you don't get healthcare through cegedim.

ConsLimited Opportunities. Management is lacking in all areas. Leadership is non-existant. They are constantly promoting people to higher positions that cannot do the first level job (CSR) correctly. Basically, If you suck at your job as a CSR, they will not want you taking phone calls ruining quality.. They don't want to necessarily fire you either because it looks bad on them too if their turn over rate is high - so you will be promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit your job. You are not good at what you do.

So far it was good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cegedim

Prosdynamic,
active,
good technology,
global company but feels like a local one
pretty interesting if you are into CRM technologies
friendly environment

ConsI couldnt say there were a lot of down sites. I didnt have the chance to work very long. But research before applying the position, because if you are not interested in Business solutions or CRM stuff, it could be pretty boring.

Fair - never gives up

Business Development (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cegedim full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people and products and data

ConsTough business environment long sales cycle

Good atmosphere, but the management is terrible

Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cegedim full-time for more than 3 years

Prosco-workers were fun to work with

Consmanagement is pretty much non-existent

Advice to Senior Managementget feedback from employees

group where people count

Senior Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cegedim full-time for more than 5 years

Prospossible to build a relationship based on mutual trust with senior management.
people take precedence over technology
innovative products (Mobile Intelligence, ..)

Conslack of dev resources sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to make the necessary efforts

Laid back call center with some nice perks

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Cegedim full-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly management, laid back work environment, including relaxed dress code.

ConsLittle room for advancement, pay is not great, drowned in email.

Advice to Senior ManagementDitch RKM, enforce email discipline to cut the bloat and make SQC's report directly to management.

Double standards abound

I have been working at Cegedim

ProsCSD is a great place to gain insight and experience in marketing. Also it's great to work with some of the leading pharmaceutical companies in the US.

Cons1. It is so apparent that French or European colleagues are treated differently than non European colleagues.

2. The condescension from upper manager is infuriating.

3. Lack of guidance and direction in terms of work and vision.

4. Sr managements asks your opinion then proceeds to disregard what was said.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat is effective in terms of business strategy in France does not necessarily apply here. The approach and mentality of management is too focused and too rigid. Not only does management not listen to employees, they also do not listen (or hear) what the clients truly want in a product.

A reactive not proactive management style

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cegedim full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe office in this country is:
- Open to ideas from staff at all levels
- Staff interact quite easily, no barriers
- Good focus on business development
- Always open to spending on training
- Fairly flexible with accommodating leave and requests for time for personal appointments etc.
- Good with flexible work arrangements
- Management really try to make an effort to foster social activities.

Basically people have their heart in the right place.

ConsAt a global level:
- One company in name only ! All affiliate offices run like independent agents really. There's no real cohesion or co-operation or even dialogue between countries.
- Head office in France is dictatorial and not consultative - we've never in my years working there been asked our opinion on anything, and there have been some top-down decisions which ended up disastrous because no one on ground was consulted. HR, marketing and IT completely useless
- Focus is only on one of the departments and their products - if you work in another unit forget about getting anything from them that is useful to you.
- Political - not a culture of sharing, and if you're not French / European you seem to count for nothing

At a local level:
- IT is seriously useless, don't know how they're still employed. And this links to how it's managed regionally and globally. We're as large as some of our global clients, but we can't even get basic internet working well let alone company tablets or anything fancy like that. On-ground IT support can best be described as bumbling.
- Cannot hire or retain good staff. If someone leaves, seems like our hands are tied to negotiate with them as can't offer anything more. And you can't replace them till head office says yes for next year! View (global-driven) seems to be that you can't hire anyone till you get more business, well news flash but without enough manpower to sell, manage client relationships and actually do the work you're not going to get more business.
- Working hours are insane, but linked to the above point. If your team halves in size, well, we're not going to hit budget are we?
- A spate of people leaving, a feeling of having a lack of control has demoralised staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementFight for more control over budget and decision-making in HR. Stem the outflow of good people and adequately resource, not just piling on work to the people who are already over-loaded. Location is terrible and only good it seems for the few who chose it due to it being conveniently located near their homes. If you're going to ask your people to take on something, make sure they're adequately resourced and supported.

And we would really get much better service by outsourcing IT - at least they would be driven to maintain their performance. The current 'computer says no' attitude is infuriating.

Worked for Cegedim? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cegedim reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cegedim CEO Jean-Claude Labrune. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by Cegedim employees.