Cegedim

2.7

Cegedim Président-Directeur Général Jean-Claude Labrune
Jean-Claude Labrune

A pleasure to work for

I worked at Cegedim full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent Benefits; vacation; opportunities for growth; employees seem to genuinely love their jobs and love being a part of the Cegedim family.

Cons

Low starting salary; somewhat chaotic customer service team, seeming to have various conflicting approaches to dealing with and resolution of customer based issues.

Try to implement a uniform approach for resolving customer issues.

Uneducated leaders

Former Employee - Help Desk in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Help Desk in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Cegedim full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I very much liked my coworkers and the tenacious attitude that we shared.

Cons

The staffing decisions are heavily influenced by a distinct circle of friends. Once I decided to graciously put my 2 weeks in as I was moving on to something with much more potential and growth (this concept being nonexistent with Cegedim), I was terminated prematurely for reasons unknown. Not only will the team suffer due to my absence, but when they do find a replacement, they will suffer twice as hard while training them. A good leader would not make a vengeful decision, and be backed by an even lesser minded superior.

Think what's best for your staff before making spiteful drcisions. Half of the staff I know are seeking employment due to this ongoing behavior. This is not a social club, you get better results when you treat people fairly and honestly. Good luck with the soon to be revolving door.
    Also, maybe include a mandatory management course for those former employees who receive leadership positions. It could help out tremendously for those who haven't a clue how to lead effectively.

Things are going downhill fast

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at Cegedim full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There aren't many to list. Comfortable dress code, a few great coworkers but that's about where it stops.

Cons

No raises in two years. When there were raises before that, it was only 1 percent even with an outstanding review. Employees in R&D are told they are not eligible for bonuses, despite having to frequently work long hours and be available nights and weekends. Management cut staff to achieve better profit margins and when the work load increases, they are reluctant to hire more people. When someone in a critical position leaves where it's abundantly clear that a replacement is needed, a request has to go to the corporate office in France for approval along with a reason why we need to hire a replacement. When approval is given, it's usually weeks or months later. It seems like since many employees know they are not getting raises or bonuses, they don't care about their work and it shows, yet management doesn't hold them accountable. It's infuriating to see a small handful of employees work their butts off while the others are just along for the ride, showing up 30-45 minutes late and leaving 15-30 minutes early, every day. Their has been a constant fear of layoffs the past 4-5 years. For a technology company, they are so far behind on everything. Still have Windows XP in use, SQL Server 2005, Windows Server 2003..

Get new senior management!

Downsizing their way to profitability

Former Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Manager in Bedminster, NJ

I worked at Cegedim full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, especially in the technical support teams. Management is knowledgeable about the industry and generally pleasant to talk to. Smart people willing to dedicate their time to helping clients can build a decent career.

Cons

Some teams have taken a "less with less" philosophy, and end up leaving gaps in products/services that the support teams need to fill in. Management not well trained in leadership, and end up being overly frugal and disorganized.

Invest in quality. That includes actually training people, rather than relying on self-training from a powerpoint presentation.

Incompetent management

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at Cegedim full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

37.5 hours working weeks, great colleagues . Free coffee, cafeteria not bad. I can manage our team even if nobody knows it .

Cons

No innovations. Condescending behavior of management. Software developers don't get salary raise for years.
    It was told to us: "Only those who create profit will get bonus . ..." (it means salespeople)...

Educate yourself. Learn to treat people with respect .... your ship is sinking ...

Fast paced company with a competitive edge

Current Employee - Software Developer in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at Cegedim full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits.
    Competitive Pay
    Easy to connect with management

Cons

Lack of tuition and training reimbursement

Keep doing what you're doing. Staying in touch with your employees and customers needs.

I'm finally free

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Cegedim full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hmm.. If you pleasure the right person, you may seek what your after. In all seriousness, They will work with you on your schedule if you have school or some other activity, but it will not be in your favor. Some of the people you meet you'll become friends with and others not so much. Healthcare benefits are pretty good actually.. Unless you have a family. If your a temp you don't get healthcare through cegedim.

Cons

Limited Opportunities. Management is lacking in all areas. Leadership is non-existant. They are constantly promoting people to higher positions that cannot do the first level job (CSR) correctly. Basically, If you suck at your job as a CSR, they will not want you taking phone calls ruining quality.. They don't want to necessarily fire you either because it looks bad on them too if their turn over rate is high - so you will be promoted.

Quit your job. You are not good at what you do.

So far it was good.

I worked at Cegedim

Pros

dynamic,
    active,
    good technology,
    global company but feels like a local one
    pretty interesting if you are into CRM technologies
    friendly environment

Cons

I couldnt say there were a lot of down sites. I didnt have the chance to work very long. But research before applying the position, because if you are not interested in Business solutions or CRM stuff, it could be pretty boring.

Fair - never gives up

Current Employee - Business Development in Bedminster, NJ
    Current Employee - Business Development in Bedminster, NJ

I have been working at Cegedim full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and products and data

Cons

Tough business environment long sales cycle

Good atmosphere, but the management is terrible

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Chesapeake, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Chesapeake, VA

I have been working at Cegedim full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

co-workers were fun to work with

Cons

management is pretty much non-existent

get feedback from employees

Cegedim Photos

Oficina Cegedim (Photo thanks to Flickr user Luis Lozano, Some Rights Reserved)
Oficina Cegedim (Photo thanks to Flickr user Luis Lozano, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo