Celebree Learning Center Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Richard Huffman

So far so good, happy with employment opportunities.

Current Employee - Assistant Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They invest in their employees and management with training. Pay is fair and benefits good.

Cons

Long hours, hard to get lunch in, rarely close in bad weather.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees as it will continue to make you a leader in the industry!

2. Co-Teacher

Current Employee - Co-Teacher
    Current Employee - Co-Teacher

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you have great directors, your time here will be a lot more enjoyable. It becomes a family atmosphere with your coworkers because you're all cooped up in these tiny rooms together with all the craziness going on, so everyone can empathize and understand you. However, most people don't necessarily look for something like that to be the main pro when you walk into a job.

Cons

Pay is laughable when compared to the amount of work celebree wants you to do. As a co-teacher, I assist with lesson planning, making sure my room is always clean and well stocked with kitchen supplies, art supplies, and toys, even if it occasionally has to come out of my own pocket. In addition to basically being a parent to 20 children while theirs are at work all day, you need to of course teach them things that no three year old cares about, prepare and clean up after breakfast, lunch, and snack, assist in potty training/diapers, do naptime, do ridiculous daily sheets that take upwards of 40 minutes due to the fact they all have to be handwritten, as well as keep up with every laughable licensing rule in your classroom AND corporates unattainable standards, like switching board work every 2 weeks, etc. For all this, I make $9 an hour despite my qualifications. The fact that I'm young and this job is not my life, or my future, and that I'm still in college is the only thing that gets me through.

Advice to Management

Richie has his head up his butt*.He rolls up to the centers maybe once or twice a year in his fancy car and just pops in to take pictures of the good things we all stage for him since we know he's coming. Then he leaves. Look deeper into centers. Understand that these teachers are literally working their butts* off under UNBELIEVABLE circumstances for you everyday. Pay them more, or better yet, just give them salary. Allow directors to actually hire necessary staff instead of putting them on hiring freezes. Allow my directors to place an art order more than once every 3 months so the money I could use to take care of my classroom isn't going to art supplies that should be provided by the center. CLOSE WHEN WEATHER IS INCLEMENT. It's pretty sad when parents even bad* talk the CEO and know he's just money hungry when he risks both staff lives and center family lives so they can bring their kids in or get to work when the roads are covered in ice. I can promise you there isn't a single celebree employee who thinks what Richie does or stands for is fair. ALSO, STOP ACCEPTING AND ALLOWING PART TIME INFANT-2s ENROLLMENTS. it's SO hard on the children and the teachers, and it's not healthy, and to other centers, it just looks like a dumping ground for parents who work with no other option. put the wellbeing of others before yourself for once. How are you going to make yourself and celebree seem like the better choice once preschool is free for all Marylanders? *other choice words were used, but glassdoor made me change them 😂

3. Wow

I worked at Celebree Learning Center

Pros

It is a job. Working with kids is fantastic rewarding work.

Cons

All they care about is money. Toddlers are put into three year olds classes just to save pay for teachers. 3 year old are bumped to school age just to save a dime. And walking toddlers are put into infant rooms. Not enough to planning time in the day with all that is expected of you. Not willing to pay overtime even when it is earned; overtime becomes recalculated into some other expense. No adequately equipped to handle special needs students but still enroll but then yell when teachers cannot provide the student the support he needs. Unwilling to buy classroom supplies. Spends over 30 bucks a week while I wa there just to have toys for my students to play with or to buy art supplies such as paint brushes.Training and maintaining CEUs is not compensated but yet required. Insurance in underrated. Hours are cut on a daily basis again because it is all about the money. Directors are required to maintain enrollment instead of worrying about the students. Running the good teachers out of the building because they care too much. Lying to parents about how child acts in the classroom or that the child wil not be move into another classroom.

Advice to Management

Get out while you can. Richie does not care about the children if he did all rooms should be opened and closed at the beginning and ending of the day. Instead we must combine up and teach two year olds a four year old curriculum.

Seems great, but...

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time

Pros

Celebree really has a lot of great ideas. They have a four day orientation in place to make sure employees understand the job requirements going in. There is also corporate management in place to assist when necessary. They provide free professional development classes through the First Connection portion of the company.

Cons

Fully depends on what center you are at, but in my experience, they move directors around fairly often. Our center was perpetually understaffed to the point that most teachers were coming in early, leaving late, and working 45+ hour weeks, but we were then still harassed about having overtime. Our management was not effective and it took a very long time for Corporate to step in. Pay was low for what was expected of teachers. We were told not to work off the clock by HR, but then told that it was expected for us to do lesson plans and portfolios off the clock by other members of senior management. Little to no planning time or time to work on classrooms. Near impossible to get time off, and when teachers called out for legitimate reasons, they were called during the day by management to come in "when possible"

Advice to Management

Give teachers planning time. Most teachers do not mind working overtime, but say thank you, and do not schedule one or two people with all of the overtime. Have clear expectations for what you expect from your teachers, and then pay them appropriately. You cannot expect teachers to work off the clock when you don't compensate them fairly.

6. Salary

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center

Pros

Nice salary good time off

Cons

Management seems clueless and don't care

7. Don't trust them

I worked at Celebree Learning Center

Pros

good branding and marketing teachers were excellent

Cons

They do not care about the children - they are only interested in making money. Each child is referred to as a "net" claimed had no money in budget to buy art supplies for schools yet threw big party for staff and flew staff to another state for lunch in a private jet.

HORRIBLE.. RUN.. FAST

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I worked at Celebree Learning Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The children were the best part of this job. But you can find amazing children anywhere.

Cons

Everything. Pay, management, working environment, trying to get one day off for doctors appointments was virtually impossible

Advice to Management

They want to make it seem like they care about the kids and employees they don't. Maybe that should change.

Not what was expected, not what I was hired to do, high expectations without opportunity to fulfill those expectations.

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The families are great. The company does offer some benefits after a certain amount of time.

Cons

Average hourly wage, more than average work load. Passive aggressive leadership. Low discount for staff children.

Advice to Management

Do not be passive aggressive. Overtime won't break the bank. Salary.

Current Corporate Employee- Full Time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Celebree has a wonderful work culture. It's fun, evolving, focused on team work, education, and its growing by the minute. Managers really care about the employees and well being of their teams and the children. The teachers are truly amazing and go above and beyond for their children and classroom. As a corporate employee, our office is fun and full of hard workers who support all 23 centers.

Cons

Pay isn't the best, but in my case, the joy I receive from my job makes up for it. There are also many changes company wide, which can be a pro or con.

Celebree Expects A LOT of Their Teachers for the Pay

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher

I worked at Celebree Learning Center

Pros

Great place for anyone who LOVES kids! :) Depending on your director and assistant director you could love or hate your job.

Cons

Wages are on par for the field, maybe a little higher, but payroll cuts seem to be common unfortunately. Weekly hours were routinely cut back. Lesson planning done off the clock is to be expected as a teacher, but Celebree requires a lot more from its teachers. Most teachers end up working off the clock to get it all done. When a company has so many extra requirements that its employees cannot feasibly do it in a 40 hour work week, something is wrong. Much of the work is thankless; a "thank you for all your hard work" from management was almost unheard of. High turnover rate of directors and teachers. Anyone who has worked here longer than a couple years is burned out.

Advice to Management

If you are going to expect your employees to be preschool teachers, then pay them preschool teacher wages. Don't pay 35 hours of day care wages and expect a 50 hour work week.

RSS Feed </> Embed