Celebree Learning Center Reviews

Updated March 31, 2015
20 reviews filtered by
3.2
Richard Huffman

So far so good, happy with employment opportunities.

Current Employee - Assistant Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They invest in their employees and management with training. Pay is fair and benefits good.

Cons

Long hours, hard to get lunch in, rarely close in bad weather.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees as it will continue to make you a leader in the industry!

HORRIBLE.. RUN.. FAST

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

I worked at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The children were the best part of this job. But you can find amazing children anywhere.

Cons

Everything. Pay, management, working environment, trying to get one day off for doctors appointments was virtually impossible

Advice to Management

They want to make it seem like they care about the kids and employees they don't. Maybe that should change.

Not what was expected, not what I was hired to do, high expectations without opportunity to fulfill those expectations.

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The families are great. The company does offer some benefits after a certain amount of time.

Cons

Average hourly wage, more than average work load. Passive aggressive leadership. Low discount for staff children.

Advice to Management

Do not be passive aggressive. Overtime won't break the bank. Salary.

Celebree Expects A LOT of Their Teachers for the Pay

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher

I worked at Celebree Learning Center

Pros

Great place for anyone who LOVES kids! :)
    Depending on your director and assistant director you could love or hate your job.

Cons

Wages are on par for the field, maybe a little higher, but payroll cuts seem to be common unfortunately. Weekly hours were routinely cut back.
    Lesson planning done off the clock is to be expected as a teacher, but Celebree requires a lot more from its teachers. Most teachers end up working off the clock to get it all done. When a company has so many extra requirements that its employees cannot feasibly do it in a 40 hour work week, something is wrong. Much of the work is thankless; a "thank you for all your hard work" from management was almost unheard of. High turnover rate of directors and teachers. Anyone who has worked here longer than a couple years is burned out.

Advice to Management

If you are going to expect your employees to be preschool teachers, then pay them preschool teacher wages. Don't pay 35 hours of day care wages and expect a 50 hour work week.

6. Current Corporate Employee- Full Time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Celebree has a wonderful work culture. It's fun, evolving, focused on team work, education, and its growing by the minute. Managers really care about the employees and well being of their teams and the children. The teachers are truly amazing and go above and beyond for their children and classroom. As a corporate employee, our office is fun and full of hard workers who support all 23 centers.

Cons

Pay isn't the best, but in my case, the joy I receive from my job makes up for it. There are also many changes company wide, which can be a pro or con.

7. The place to be if you're the fun, weird and exciting type!

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is dedicated to being the leader in Early Childhood education. The company on the whole invests in it's team so that they will succeed. I've never worked anywhere else with such an atmosphere of like-minded people who treat one another like family, make themselves available to/ are willing to help others.

Cons

Hours for can be long and tedious if balance isn't found between Directors and Assistants. The centers are typically open in all weather and are not closed except for 6 major holidays.

I love working here because of the investment in the children and the quality that is expected.

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Celebree has a strong culture that's about providing the best to children and families. A lot of investments have been made recently in supporting the teachers. I love the energy and I love how we are constantly challenged to make ourselves better! I also love the people I work with- everyone here loves children, loves to teach, and it's the real deal. I've worked at other centers where they promise a lot and I saw teachers and management not follow through on it. That hasn't been my experience here.

Cons

Not enough planning time, open all the time sometimes in pretty bad weather

Advice to Management

Give teachers planning time

9. Training Their Employees

Former Employee - Infant II Teacher
    Former Employee - Infant II Teacher

I worked at Celebree Learning Center

Pros

Company values are great and they're very understanding of your personal families need when you need to take time off.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons at the moment.

10. Very happy with my job so far!

Current Employee - Teacher in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Teacher in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can say the hiring process is particular. This is good thing. My directors made sure that I understood the job expectations and even allowed me the opportunity to observe a class. I did end up going to a training that was 4 days. From what I understand this isn’t something that happened a lot at other daycares. I have not worked at other daycares and can tell you that my directors and trainers made sure I was comfortable with the whole training process.

Cons

I have yet to have any cons.

Always Depends on your Director

Former Employee - Teacher
    Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get time off. Other teachers are really nice.

Cons

Management forms clicks and will gang up on people. If you have a great director that helps, but good luck keeping them. They are always changing Directors. They will lay you off then lie and say you quit. They are very strict with dress code. Its very hard to determine what they expect of you because everyone has a different idea of the curriculum. They expect you to do a lot of work and never give you planing time. They bump children up and down to different classrooms all the time. They will allow children to abuse teachers and offer the teachers no help.

Advice to Management

It is not very stable for the children to be bumped from classroom to classroom all the time. Teachers need planing time and a stable Director.