Celebree Learning Center

Updated February 26, 2015
Updated February 26, 2015
3.4

Richard Huffman

So far so good, happy with employment opportunities.

Current Employee - Assistant Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Director

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They invest in their employees and management with training. Pay is fair and benefits good.

Cons

Long hours, hard to get lunch in, rarely close in bad weather.

Keep investing in your employees as it will continue to make you a leader in the industry!

Current Corporate Employee- Full Time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Celebree has a wonderful work culture. It's fun, evolving, focused on team work, education, and its growing by the minute. Managers really care about the employees and well being of their teams and the children. The teachers are truly amazing and go above and beyond for their children and classroom. As a corporate employee, our office is fun and full of hard workers who support all 23 centers.

Cons

Pay isn't the best, but in my case, the joy I receive from my job makes up for it. There are also many changes company wide, which can be a pro or con.

Celebree Expects A LOT of Their Teachers for the Pay

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher

I worked at Celebree Learning Center

Pros

Great place for anyone who LOVES kids! :)
    Depending on your director and assistant director you could love or hate your job.

Cons

Wages are on par for the field, maybe a little higher, but payroll cuts seem to be common unfortunately. Weekly hours were routinely cut back.
    Lesson planning done off the clock is to be expected as a teacher, but Celebree requires a lot more from its teachers. Most teachers end up working off the clock to get it all done. When a company has so many extra requirements that its employees cannot feasibly do it in a 40 hour work week, something is wrong. Much of the work is thankless; a "thank you for all your hard work" from management was almost unheard of. High turnover rate of directors and teachers. Anyone who has worked here longer than a couple years is burned out.

If you are going to expect your employees to be preschool teachers, then pay them preschool teacher wages. Don't pay 35 hours of day care wages and expect a 50 hour work week.

Always Depends on your Director

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Easy to get time off. Other teachers are really nice.

Cons

Management forms clicks and will gang up on people. If you have a great director that helps, but good luck keeping them. They are always changing Directors. They will lay you off then lie and say you quit. They are very strict with dress code. Its very hard to determine what they expect of you because everyone has a different idea of the curriculum. They expect you to do a lot of work and never give you planing time. They bump children up and down to different classrooms all the time. They will allow children to abuse teachers and offer the teachers no help.

It is not very stable for the children to be bumped from classroom to classroom all the time. Teachers need planing time and a stable Director.

Former Teacher

Former Employee - Teacher

I worked at Celebree Learning Center (less than a year)

Pros

The building is very clean and neat. It is easy to get time off.

Cons

Management can be very immature and clicky. I had a director who thought it was appropriate to brag in the break room all the time about her college drunken years and her sexual experiences. This is the same director who would curse at staff meeting and at her staff. If you get good directs you wont have this problem, however good luck keeping them as they are always changing.(my first directors were very professional). Teachers do not get any planing time. Everyone wants different things from you so it is hard to know who to please. The children are always bumped around to different classrooms. Celebree will lay you off and then lie to unemployment and tell them you quit. Lies to unemployment happen to a couple people at my center. Children can abuse teachers with little to no help form management.

Give teachers planning time. Keep better Directors.

The place to be if you're the fun, weird and exciting type!

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is dedicated to being the leader in Early Childhood education. The company on the whole invests in it's team so that they will succeed. I've never worked anywhere else with such an atmosphere of like-minded people who treat one another like family, make themselves available to/ are willing to help others.

Cons

Hours for can be long and tedious if balance isn't found between Directors and Assistants. The centers are typically open in all weather and are not closed except for 6 major holidays.

Very happy with my job so far!

Current Employee - Teacher in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Teacher in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can say the hiring process is particular. This is good thing. My directors made sure that I understood the job expectations and even allowed me the opportunity to observe a class. I did end up going to a training that was 4 days. From what I understand this isn’t something that happened a lot at other daycares. I have not worked at other daycares and can tell you that my directors and trainers made sure I was comfortable with the whole training process.

Cons

I have yet to have any cons.

I love working here because of the investment in the children and the quality that is expected.

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Celebree has a strong culture that's about providing the best to children and families. A lot of investments have been made recently in supporting the teachers. I love the energy and I love how we are constantly challenged to make ourselves better! I also love the people I work with- everyone here loves children, loves to teach, and it's the real deal. I've worked at other centers where they promise a lot and I saw teachers and management not follow through on it. That hasn't been my experience here.

Cons

Not enough planning time, open all the time sometimes in pretty bad weather

Give teachers planning time

Most. Enjoyable. Career. EVER!

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Exceptional company in the early child care field! They set the bar high for teachers to challenge themselves, build their talent and in turn support the growth and development of each and every child. Since working at Celebree I have had several roles and had the up most support from my management and leadership teams. There is always room for personal and professional improvement and they were there to help me to align these goals and outcomes. Family first lives and breathes here! There is also TONS of advancement opportunities! Teachers have the opportunity to attend orientation training or additional training to support their own personal development. I highly recommend Celebree!!!!

Cons

Open most holidays that public schools are closed and will many times be open when during inclement weather as well.

Wonderful Organization

Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Celebree taught me to nurture, protect and educate children, however, they nurtured, protected and educated me as well. Since being employed there I have grown beyond my own expectations. I have gained confidence, skills and knowledge. I am grateful for being a part of this family.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Continue to stay true to the company values. Keep doing what you are doing