Celebree Learning Center

Updated January 29, 2015
Updated January 29, 2015
3.2

Richard Huffman

The place to be if you're the fun, weird and exciting type!

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is dedicated to being the leader in Early Childhood education. The company on the whole invests in it's team so that they will succeed. I've never worked anywhere else with such an atmosphere of like-minded people who treat one another like family, make themselves available to/ are willing to help others.

Cons

Hours for can be long and tedious if balance isn't found between Directors and Assistants. The centers are typically open in all weather and are not closed except for 6 major holidays.

Very happy with my job so far!

Current Employee - Teacher in Frederick, MD
    Current Employee - Teacher in Frederick, MD

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can say the hiring process is particular. This is good thing. My directors made sure that I understood the job expectations and even allowed me the opportunity to observe a class. I did end up going to a training that was 4 days. From what I understand this isn’t something that happened a lot at other daycares. I have not worked at other daycares and can tell you that my directors and trainers made sure I was comfortable with the whole training process.

Cons

I have yet to have any cons.

I love working here because of the investment in the children and the quality that is expected.

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Celebree has a strong culture that's about providing the best to children and families. A lot of investments have been made recently in supporting the teachers. I love the energy and I love how we are constantly challenged to make ourselves better! I also love the people I work with- everyone here loves children, loves to teach, and it's the real deal. I've worked at other centers where they promise a lot and I saw teachers and management not follow through on it. That hasn't been my experience here.

Cons

Not enough planning time, open all the time sometimes in pretty bad weather

Give teachers planning time

Most. Enjoyable. Career. EVER!

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Exceptional company in the early child care field! They set the bar high for teachers to challenge themselves, build their talent and in turn support the growth and development of each and every child. Since working at Celebree I have had several roles and had the up most support from my management and leadership teams. There is always room for personal and professional improvement and they were there to help me to align these goals and outcomes. Family first lives and breathes here! There is also TONS of advancement opportunities! Teachers have the opportunity to attend orientation training or additional training to support their own personal development. I highly recommend Celebree!!!!

Cons

Open most holidays that public schools are closed and will many times be open when during inclement weather as well.

Wonderful Organization

Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Celebree taught me to nurture, protect and educate children, however, they nurtured, protected and educated me as well. Since being employed there I have grown beyond my own expectations. I have gained confidence, skills and knowledge. I am grateful for being a part of this family.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Continue to stay true to the company values. Keep doing what you are doing

Terrible place

Current Employee - Lead School Age Teacher in Hampstead, MD
    Current Employee - Lead School Age Teacher in Hampstead, MD

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The center is very clean and great for kids.

Cons

Although this place is great for kids the staff is treated terribly! I was underpaid, had Way more kids than legally allowed and treated terribly by management! I will NEVER work there or recommend this terrible work environment for anyone!

Lead teacher

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center

Pros

I am a kindergarten readiness teacher and the one thing I have always loved about Celebree is the freedom to be as creative as you want regarding lesson plans. However, what has really made my experience here great are the amazing directors. The directors now are genuine, helpful, professional and always fair, which unfortunately is not something I can say about the previous director. I love the people I work with, I adore the kiddos and parents. I have made a lot of friends here.

Cons

I have been with Celebree for 3 years. The first director was absolutely awful which unfortunately made working at Celebree absolutely miserable. she was very cliquy, fake, unprofessional and hard work was never recognized. the morale was just Pathetic. However, luckily she left to go to a new center and we got a new director who is absolutely wonderful. The current directors are both fantastic leaders and they make coming to work everyday fun.

I think Current management is doing a wonderful job! They are amazing leaders.

Former Director

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved the families and the children in the program. Most of the teachers were amazing as well. On a day-to-day basis, I loved my job.

Cons

The district manager and the owner only ever looked at two things . . .a quick walk through of the building and the bottom line. Cutting payroll and increasing enrollments should be priorities, but happy teachers, happy parents and most importantly, happy students should be a priority as well. The Directors take all the blame . . .if a Center is not performing it must be the Director's fault. Every time I went to a Directors meeting, they were introducing someone new because they had let someone else go.

Treat the Directors with a little more respect and spend more time in the actual programs. Walk through the building; actually talk to the parents and staff. Maybe even incorporate parent feedback and teacher feedback as a part of annual reviews.

Little opportunity for advancement

Former Employee - Lead in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Lead in Frederick, MD

I worked at Celebree Learning Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Convenient hours, without weekends; childcare discount; locations are convenient; most teachers were very committed to their work and children

Cons

High turnover of directors-- in 2.5 years, I had 3 directors at my location, as well as 3 district directors. Despite being very qualified and expressing my interest several times, I was not given the opportunity for advancement that I desired. Veteran employees had a decent childcare discount, but new employees were given a 30% discount. Very high staff turnover.

Value your staff.

First Daycare Experience; Learned Very Quickly That This is Not a Center You Want to Be At.

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Mount Airy, MD
    Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Mount Airy, MD

I worked at Celebree Learning Center part-time (less than a year)

Pros

They called me back for an interview very quickly, the hiring process was easy, love working with children so that's always a bonus.

Cons

Poor pay, bad hours, constantly consolidating kids into few classrooms to cut back on payroll (lumping multiple age groups together), deceiving, two-faced management, quick turnover for staff and children, co-workers would leave classrooms for long periods of time to "get away" without letting me know.

Worry more about the kids and your staff and less about the payroll.