Celebrity Cruises

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Michael Bayley

Amazing company, awesome product

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsThe top management at the company is totally approachable. The company hires super talented people and they are completely innovative. Pay is fantastic, culture is phenomenal. I loved the company.

ConsToo many promos in the market. Too much shooting from the hip and running before waking.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is awesome - very approachable. Like I said, give things time and don't try to run before you walk.

Good Visibility Opportunities - Authoritarian Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChallenging work environment where skills are honed every day. Opportunity to participate and contribute to high-visibility initiatives
    The company attempts to support employees by providing on-site fitness, clinic and child-care facilities.

ConsThe company is very revenue-driven, allowing for leaders to push their employees to their limits regardless of their personal lives. From the shareholder perspective, the current CEO is pushing the company in the right direction at the expense of increasing turnover. Human capital is not valued at Celebrity Cruises

Advice to Senior ManagementAlong with making sure the company is profitable, it is also important to value your most important asset: your employees

Great place to work, awesome company to work for

Corporate Guest Relations Advocate (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsA company that listens to their guests and employees. I am very proud to have worked or this company. The only reason that I am no longer going to be an employee is that my husband received a promotion and we had to move across the country.

ConsNo cons that I can think of, work hard and you get what you put into it, just like any other job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to learn and improve your skills! Fantastic lifetime experience!

Assistant Waiter (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsCompany cares a lot for employee training; I like their STAR policy, definitely something which anyone can apply in every business. Great working conditions and crew friendly approach

ConsHard work, but that is something you cannot avoid on cruise companies.

Great company to work for.

District Sales Manager (Former Employee)

ProsA company that offers rewards and great experiences. Awesome product. Long term employment and great benefits.

ConsCompany has changed in last two years. Upper management buries issues so they don't come to light. A lot of favoritism and hard to get promotions. Who you know

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more time in one on one with employees. Train your directors to have better people skills. Be fair....HR needs to look at all points of view and do research before a decision is made.

Great Tavel, inconsistant management

Senior AV Technician (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsTravel... see the world! Good food, friends and comrades for life! Great deals on travel and sightseeing in ports, if you can get off the ship.

ConsInconsistent and moody shipboard management. Recruiting / shoreside management has little to nothing to do with shipboard management, and once you've signed on, it's too late to realize that.

Advice to Senior ManagementA well rested employee is a better employee, than an employee that has worked 302 hours in a month.

Life changing, with a few draw backs that prevent any permanent desires with the company.

Entertainment (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsTravel the world, meet interesting people, work with people from over 70 different countries. You don't have to worry about any bills, food, or housing.

ConsLack of freedom due to strict rules that are always interpreted differently by all of your superiors. Language barrier with different departments and superiors. Expensive to contact friends and family at home. A lot of miserable crew members that you can be stick with for over 6 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementMandatory communications degree/classes done by 3rd party company.

they dont care

Prosfun, see the world, work-life balance

Conspay sucks, theyre eliminating the position

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out your strong pieces and promote them, dont hold them back because you dont want to pay them

Entertainer aboard the Celebrity Millennium

Entertainment (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsGreat quality management. Excellent clientele and destinations.

ConsManagement is at times lack luster. Communication is passed down from supervisor to supervisor and is not conducive to a happy work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is key. Also, making employees feel empowered more would be nice. Information travels down the tier in a condescending manner.

Great Experiences but tough relationship with Shoreside

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTravel...I have been able to see and do things I never would have any other way. The amazing people you meet as well. I now have friends from all over the world.

ConsThe pressure to "make the numbers" has increased tenfold over the past 5 years to a point that you can no longer enjoy yourself because you are too busy wondering about the bottom line!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the crew more and what they are telling you they need!

Worked for Celebrity Cruises? Contribute to the Community!