Celgard

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mitchell J. Pulwer

Excellent experience with a growing company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsA leading global supplier of products to the ever-expanding lithium-ion battery manufacturing industry.

ConsNone that come to mind

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Management in this company is lacking.

Manufacturing Tech III (Current Employee)
    Concord, NC

ProsGood benefits. Decent pay.

ConsManagement promotes a team environment but only when it suits them. Not even close to a true team environment. Very poor communication from the top down. The management team does not promote or reward employees for hard work, skills or knowledge. Be prepared to do some boot licking if you want to go anywhere with this company. They have no idea how to utilize or evaluate talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorry more about devoloping your good employees and less about treating them like school children.

great benefits all around clean work environment but expectations too high for job forecast

Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee)
    Concord, NC

Prosgreat benefits - profit sharing, company input and company match gives you a chance to get up to 14% and the insurance is in the top 5% of any job I've heard of with similar duties.New technology - this gives you the chance to grow with the company but be prepared for CHANGE and GROWTH, along with this comes growing PAINS.

Yes I would recommend this job especially if the business forecast increases.

ConsNew technology grossly over-estimated forecast. Policies and work environment is still being established and most of it is a painstaking process so be PATIENT.

Advice to Senior Managementshare information a little more often about future of company, this is a start-up

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

lots of politics

Technician (Current Employee)
    Concord, NC

ProsClean environment, most of the people are good to work with, and benefits are decent.

Conspay and proggression is kind of tiring, lots of team roles and hoops to jump through to make progression.

Advice to Senior Managementbe more open about progression instead of throwing roadblocks.

Pay is not the worlds best

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking nights is very laid back.

ConsManagement seems detached from the rest of the work force.
    There seems to be a lot of infighting amongst management.
    Six's idea's get stolen from the low level people who submit them and the people overseeing the 6's (Lean Six Sigma) tend to present those ideas as their own.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to get along, learn to work together.
    Please don't forget about night shift personnel, I.E. turning off the a/c at night to save money...

Great people and company with a poor strategy.

Process Engineer (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsCelgard puts a lot of effort into hiring great people. The people I worked with are some of the best I have ever partnered with.

ConsCompany often finds its self in "panic mode" with regards to customers, many knee-jerk reaction decisions are made. For such a technical company, they really know very little about how to make their product well, many quality problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementPutting all your eggs in one basket with respect to sales isn't the best long-term strategy. Review the current top-down leadership style and approach and correct it. Work on communicating effectively to employees, even middle-managers are often in the dark with large decisions.

Worked for Celgard? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Celgard reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Celgard CEO Mitchell J. Pulwer. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Celgard employees.