Cell Therapeutics

James A. Bianco

Great Company - unfortunate luck

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsExcellent talent & people! Deep pipleline of potential products

ConsNeeds to catch a break

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring top talent

Great People in a Mediocre, So-So Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe people are wonderful. Everyone knows everyone and is extremely friendly. People are willing to help you out or point you in the right direction when you need help. 2-3 of the executive level management are very approachable and have warm personalities. I had a great time with the people working there when I was employed 3-4 years ago.

ConsSome of the company's policies are asinine. You have a title, but no real say or leverage in your department or in what you need. Money can be very tight, so you can be stretched beyond your limits to get the job done. There seems to be no real sense of employer-employee loyalty.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to trust your employees and listen to them. They do the grunt work and know what works and what doesn't; what's needed and what is pointless and futile.

Decent place to work

Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsSmart people to work with, making it enjoyable to go to work every day
    Good pay and benefits overall
    Great time off benefits - three weeks vacation to start (2 weeks plus 5 personal days)
    Casual environment

ConsWork/life balance so-so, sometimes it was really bad for certain depts
    Collaboration between depts not always there
    Senior Management - IMO the CEO is too self-interested and self-entitled, instead of considering all shareholders
    Lack of communication

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider your all your shareholders (employees, patients, investors, suppliers) in order to build better relationships and create shareholder value.
    Be more open to new processes and procedures that improve efficiency.
    Take a realistic approach to what can be accomplished. Some of the business strategies make no business sense, which results in wasted resources and assets.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid this company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsThe people I work with directly are very good. Other depts are severely lacking in good leadership.

ConsEgotistical CEO, some very poor senior management, poor communication between departments. Work can't get done because Sr. Mgt. decides not to pay a vendor or contractor.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your bills! We can't get any work done because our vendors are not being paid. How can we advance if our hands are tied?

Poor and inexperienced strategic direction

Vice President Medical Devel Then Consultant Medical Affairs (Former Employee)

ProsGood tecchnology and pipeline for development

ConsPoor US regulatory focus and poorly financed

Worked for Cell Therapeutics? Contribute to the Community!