Cellular Sales

Updated January 23, 2015
3.3

Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • I have a flexible schedule in a unique position that is both challenging and fun (in 34 reviews)

• Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission pay structure with employees absorbing 100% of company losses (in 27 reviews)

• Charge backs from customers not keeping service a min of 181 days (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun, laid-back, professional.

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, AL
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Jacksonville, AL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay, flexible schedule, good work-life balance

Cons

Sometimes it can be too laid back

Great Career Opportunity!

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Hickory, NC
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Hickory, NC

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing career opportunity! Great benefits. Truly uncapped commissions! Professional leadership. Cellular Sales allows you to experience success financially unlike any other company. Since becoming a part of Cellular Sales, my income has greatly increased while my hours at work have decreased. The environment is competitive, but the competition drives success!

Cons

There are currently no Cons.

Continue creating an environment where others can succeed.

Great Commission When there is Store Traffic.

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No micro managing, great commission on sales. average reps make 5k a month.

Cons

Travel to many different stores in an area. Commissions are hard to follow when they are actually paid. You don't get paid what you see on the board.

Make the pay easier to follow and stop with the shady business.

A company to be your own boss.

Current Employee - Wireless Account Executive in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Wireless Account Executive in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Cellular Sales is the only sales job where I can make my own schedule. Other sales jobs and opportunities make promises of customers, money and light work hours. Cellular Sales made two promises to me when I started here. Promises that consisted of Customers and Inventory. What you do with those two things would naturally be what makes you or breaks you in the Cellular Industry. But what makes this sales company differ from others is the amount of support you receive to achieve success. From the day you are hired you get follow up from the big guys up stairs to make sure everything is going okay, if you have questions and if there is anything you would like to change to help improve. The company is organized like a well oiled machine. This makes getting things done very quick and painless. The stores are very well organized and make for a very appealing environment to work within. Moving up within the company and moving within the company can be very easy and quick. Being able to send an email to have a day or few off is pleasant. They set adequate yet easily achievable quotas and allow you to chase these quotas from the office and on the go if you have your own computer or tablet. The "team" essence is very clear cut here as well. Everyone wants to see everyone succeed and you HAVE to be a team player. Benefits are comparable and competitive. Very fast paced energetic environment.

Cons

The only true con of working here is that it is still a sales job at heart. And with this being a cellular industry your phone has to stayed glued to you at work and away from work. And it will ring. I recommend getting a work and personal phone. Being that this is retail as well, it can make costumer service pretty difficult when tasked with an angry customer. So patience is a must. Lastly the stress can be bountiful at times. You must have patience.

Not much to advise here as I said before they have this company down to a science. And it makes working here a breeze. Maybe we could make the parking lot a few spots bigger so we can sell even more!

flexible and fun

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about being a sales rep with cellular sales is that you get to sell something that everyone wants and needs, which is good wireless service. Its easier to enjoy yourself at the job when you know you are selling something that will truly benefit people. On top of that you can build up a client base big enough to have flexibility with your schedule. I for example am looking forward to my first child being born in 3 months. Because of the flexibility cellular sales provides I am going to take close to a month and spend it with my wife and newborn daughter. i will book some appointments with existing clients, but other than that i will only work sparingly. What a blessing to be able to do that.

Cons

It takes some time to build up a client base to the point where you have the level of control calender wise that im talking about, but my wife is not even being offered that level of flexibility and shes the one having the baby.

Top of the line Sales Training/Development with High Reward

Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay, Sales Training, In House Advancement Opportunities, Upper Management and the Support, Team Building, Flexibile Schedule, Health Benefits and 401k, No Commission Cap, Best in Class product.

If you are highly motivated and career minded this is the place to be. With the team based atmosphere you work with everyday, this job is ever changing and full of fun while working. By completing high paced sales activities you will learn sales process and develop to be world class sales professional.

The company is growing at a rapid pace and allows you the flexibility to transfer between markets or get promoted within. Your clientel should and will grow each and every month on the floor building your book of business allowing you stay with a company while maintaining a growing income.

Cons

- No sick or Vacation Pay - but this is strictly because of flexible schedule

None at the time.

Working for Cellular Sales has been the most exciting and stimulating job I have ever held.

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

The most flexable job that you will find will be with this company. In addition to flexability, the pay is the most intriguing part of the company. You make as much as you are willing to make, meaning you decide how much you bring home. Putting yourself into your job fully and reaping the benefits of your own hard work is what originally stirred my intrest with Cellular Sales. Working with a team of sales representatives all striving towards the same goals creates an impressive and thilling working experience.

Cons

Occasionally the travel required can be challenging.

You won't find the same money or flexibility anywhere.

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For one the schedule flexibility helps maintain a good work/life balance. If you want to work a lot then you can pick up extra shifts, but if you want a few days off you can have them covered relatively easy.

The opportunity to make money is in your hands. The harder you work, the more you make. I have not worked a sales job that was this easy, and made the same money.

Work / Life Balance. You can maintain a healthy work / life balance because of the flexible schedule, and ability to work from a mobile laptop.

Never a dull day. The schedule moves you between local stores every day, so the job doesn't get stagnant.

Cons

If you don't push yourself to reach out to customers you will not do well. This job is not for people that want to be "glorified clerks". This job is for people that like to make money, earn money, and want to get paid for the work they put in. If you don't like pushing yourself to be better than this isn't the job for you.
    Very little room for job advancement. As a 100% commission job, reps (aside from team leaders) all have the same position.

The company may benefit from having more internal promotions, or interviews. The teams have so much untapped talent that could be utilized in other areas.

Account manager/events team

Current Employee - Account Manager/Events Team in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Events Team in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

In the Eight years I've been with Cellular Sales my opinion is that Everything in every aspect is a positive about cellular sales. The management is supportive and is always willing to listen to suggestions or if there is just something you feel should have been mentioned. The commissions are uncapped so you have the ability to choose what your income is unlike so many companies you can earn what you're worth. The on going training and development/support is also top notch. The flexibility of scheduling allows you to maintain the quality of life needed to keep a great balance of work and family life. I have worked in many different regions of the company and have enjoyed my career here. I highly encourage anyone that is looking for a career change to apply..

Cons

I thought about this one for a while, the only con would be that I didn't apply the first time I met a recruiter.

Keep up the growth!!

Working for Cellular Sales has been great!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You income cap is unlimited. You can work as much or as little as you want!

Cons

It takes a good 3-4 mos after starting before you begin getting full commission checks.

Lower the cost of older phones.