Cellular Sales Reviews

439 reviews filtered by
3.5
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • I have a flexible schedule in a unique position that is both challenging and fun (in 34 reviews)

• Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission pay structure with employees absorbing 100% of company losses (in 27 reviews)

• Charge backs from customers not keeping service a min of 181 days (in 27 reviews)

1. excellent employment opportunity

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

I really enjoy the business culture, team culture, and product culture. As jobs go this one is top shelf quality.

Cons

Our market needs a bit more oversight of sales reps. With no local management (everyone on sales floor is an authorized dealer) it's too easy for reps to be lazy. Team leads should be given a bit more management authority with their responsibilities.

Advice to Management

I recommend a closer watch at the store level. I aso recommend personal development training to accompany the product & systems training. Offer personal growth opportunities alongside the required other training modules.

Okay place to work for a little while

Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at Cellular Sales as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Can pick up extra shifts to earn extra money
    Can have other people pick up your shifts to work less

Cons

Independent Contractor
    Late Nights and Weekends
    Money just disappears at the end of the month out of your commissions

Advice to Management

Don't steal employees money

Fantastic Sales atmosphere in the wireless industry

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for numerous wireless companies and retailers in Maryland, but Cellular Sales is the best. I am finally being paid what I am worth. No more hourly pay and horrible commissions. They pay a draw vs commission meaning if you're really good you make really good money. If you're not so good you can still get by. We rotate stores which is awesome. At first I wasn't so sure, but who wants to work in the same room Forever? Not me. This opens up more opportunities to network and grow my paycheck. We also get to pick our own schedules with a draft system. If you show up to work and put forth good effort you usually make at least $200 a day. Edge has really helped with chargebacks too. Love it. Tons of advancement as well.

Cons

You have to help new reps a lot. Not a big deal for me though. There is some driving. Some days maybe only a 15 min commute to work and some days 45 minutes. It takes a few months to make really good money, but they pay you hourly while you train. Not a bad trade off.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within. Keep bringing in great talent.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You are paid for the work that you do. Every year I've gotten better at my job and have increased my pay as well as have had the opportunity to be promoted on top of that. Also, there is a very flexible schedule.

Cons

There are some that try to make money off of other people's work and complain when they can't pull their own wait. No paid time off.

Advice to Management

I think we need more locations

Best job I've ever had!

Current Employee - Regional Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

You literally get exactly what you put into this job. If you want to make a lot of money you absolutely will and can if you are willing to work for it! The management cares about not only your work life but they care about you as a person! It's like a family and I enjoy going into work everyday!

Cons

Their aren't many, I've been around for a while so I have saw them fix literally every single issue we as reps have mentioned and now they have made it to wear if you can sell the money you can make is just nuts!

Advice to Management

Wish there was some kind of paid vacation time so you can get away with family and not have to worry about the financial toll.

Wish I Had Joined Sooner

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Outstanding job. Can't speak for how every market is, but Louisville is great. If I were to guess, the average rep is making around $54,000. Management here is top notch. Can reach a Regional Manager or VP with a single call or text. Awesome work atmosphere. I genuinely enjoy being around my co-workers. I was told about the job a year prior to joining. Didn't think it would pay that much or be as good of an opportunity as it is. I had been in cell phones before and didn't want to come back to the industry, but I'm glad I did. Very flexible schedule. If you really want to make $7000 a month, the only thing standing in your way is how much you want to work for it.

Cons

No vacation time, but you are able to take time off and pick up other shifts
    Constant changing of sales emphasis. Never know what to focus on from month to month.
    The health benefits leave a little to be desired

Advice to Management

As I mentioned above, I wish I had taken the opportunity a year earlier than I did. Improve the benefits and you can't be touched.

Fantastic Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to build a business within the company. I have been able to build my customer base by using the tools the company provides. I have the ability to work a flexible work schedule that meets my needs. The majority of the reps have a great time while working. The pay is based on what I produce.

Cons

There are reps that will sit around, while we are slow and find things to complain about. No sick days

Great Sales Job

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Shillington, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Shillington, PA

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You get to be your own boss as well as draft your own hours. The commission pay is competitive with other companies.

Cons

There is a lack of benefits. You have to work weekend and nights. Some days you will not make a cent.

One of the best Company's I have worked t in my life.

Former Employee - Seacoast Account Manager in North Hampton, NH
    Former Employee - Seacoast Account Manager in North Hampton, NH

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

You have total control of your money you make. When I walked in everyday to work it was like a new business I could actually call my own. First off never boring or same old place no, we swapped stores almost everyday! I was able to have my store stocked with mobile phoned and devices to sell and made a great profit at and I didn't even have to buy the stock at like the c razy retail price they cost 100 cell phones Apple and Samsung will say and will through in some low end ones would cost you $70,000 alone foor the phones never mind the rent of the store, the lights, paper, pens copy machines etc. It was all there for me to use and make money and I made a lot. Thank you Cellular Sales for putting all that money in my pocket and still thinking customer satisfaction first. I sold to a lot of Happy customers and they sent me a few new ones in return, which put even more money in my pocket.

Cons

Well like all retail you have to work holidays especially Black Friday. Now I don't mind a Saturday here and there but in the long run you will work a lot of them here. Because that's one of the busiest days so when making money we all have to sacrifice I worked also on July 4th if not the best but my personal favorite holiday. Again even though it was con of mine if you can get over that at this company you will have no cons at all like I did after awhile. "Money talks and people walk."

Advice to Management

At This company everyone from the owner to the General managers even the office girls in the back who work very hard making sure you I's are dotted and t'S are crossed and the guys in the stoke room making sure we have phones and accessories make it obtainable to move up and make money and move up at the same time no one has sonority really we work so well together that we a re all managers we are all upper management we are all in it together to help make everyone grow at this company I moved and it only took me a less than a year. You can too at Cellular Sales One of if not the leader in authorized retailer for Verizion

Excellent

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Great pay if you're willing to put in the work. True definition of a retail position.

Cons

Drawbacks and deactivations can have you paying some of your earnings back to the company.

Advice to Management

Keep it all the same, if a worker cannot handle their own out there then that is their problem.