Cellular Sales

Cellular Sales Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism

Dane Scism

Pros
  • Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere(in 36 reviews)

• Great work life balance, I work 5 days a week approximately 35 hours(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • With every 100% commission job you are required to return commission if the sale does not stick(in 23 reviews)

• Charge backs and new management are making most reps look for work elsewhere(in 23 reviews)

Great for self starters that don't need much supervision to excel

Field Technician (Current Employee)

Pros- lots of scheduling flexibility
    - experience in a growing successful company
    - great entry position to the I.T. field
    - privately owned company

Cons- starting pay was good but not much advancement available
    - not very structured
    - sometimes poor communication from the top down which leads to general confusion on future direction

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better with the technicians out in the field. Get a better hold on the market directors so that they don't dominate the technician's time with menial tasks that hinder productivity.

Take advantage of the freedoms and uncapped commissions.

Cellular Sales Representative (Current Employee) Lafayette, LA

Pros*Highest commission payouts in the wireless industry
    *freedom to work without a manager always being on the floor
    *encouragement to get outside the store and find business
    *change of scenery between multiple locations (which also creates more opportunity for more clientele.)
    *flexible scheduling and ability to get your shift covered without having to go through management
    *shared commission on phones for those days that you happen to get the customer service issues yet they keep accessories and all other add on's non share so the lazier reps have to actually contribute instead of share-riding
    *full health benefits
    *great people to work with and great people to work for. (The RD's and Teamleads and other sales reps)
    *extreme increase in income for most people.
    *Bonus's on top of the commission

ConsCellular sales cons
    *possibility of working federal holidays
    *not observing local holidays (ei: Mardi Gras, which is taken very serious in the state of Louisiana)
    *no paid time off or sick days (you can easily get your shift covered if you're fully staffed though)
    *All commission bothers some people (myself not included) but you will make at least $10 an hour if its less than your commission but if that is the case then you should probably find a cashier job because you should NOT be working at cellular sales!

Verizon issues are the bigger issues which are not cellular sales fault, but they are still cons.
    *Not having a way to help people change their address, or phone number or other simple tasks that we should be about to access without constantly having to call customer service
    *Verizon indirect managers can't do much to help you with credits, or system errors out of CS control

Advice to Senior Managementlook more into unethical reps that are pulling in numbers, but doing it the wrong way, it really hurts our reputation. (which they are getting much better about that in our particular market.)

One job I regret taking !

Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Chattanooga, TN

ProsCollege kids that need experience and not worried about money could learn how to sale and acquire some experience, but that is about it.

Cons#1 lots of charge backs and equipment loss. #2 Lots of driving to different stores. #3 Lack of management at store level lead to various kinds of unethical business practices and no accountability.. #4 Company promotes business image, but is in reality ran like a frat house. Bad behavior is rewarded and no accountability of market directors.

Advice to Senior ManagementCellular Sales management has a bunch of Dane's frat brothers and college friends running it. Most that I met seemed like spoiled brats that never earned a living on their own and treated their sales force like they were disposable. Based on what i have seen , I see no change coming from top down coming, just reduced pay for the sales force. I am glad to be gone.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This is one of the best companies with which I have ever been associated.

Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) Cape Girardeau, MO

ProsSimply put, this company provides all the resources with which to earn as much money as desired. Employees are trusted to do the right thing with minimal supervision.

ConsThis is a commission-only position so if one is not good with resource management or is not driven to succeed, one most likely will fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementOnly one recommendation: spend more time with your people :)

Good position for those fresh out of college

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsHigh commissions, fun environment. Flexible job. Lots of additional training classes offered.

ConsBenefits leave much to be desired. Health insurance is awful. No paid time off.

Been here 6 years and don't plan on leaving. More than fair compensation and flexible hours.

Team Leader (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsRewards an entrepreneurs work ethic! No boundaries, fun atmosphere, team based selling.

ConsIn my opinion there are no real cons. Maybe some unsuccessful people are not replaced quick enough and given way to many chances.

Advice to Senior ManagementKEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great opportunity for self-driven people...

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSolid commission, flexibility, and independence

ConsInitial commission delay and chargebacks (which are somewhat unavoidable)

Advice to Senior ManagementMore accountability. The structure is wonderful for the right people, but the wrong people are allowed muddy the waters with negativity and poor performance for too long before action is taken.

not good

Cellular Sales Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosgetting to use phones that are supposed to get sold

Conseverything about this job is crooked and terrible

Advice to Senior Managementthey don't need my advice, they make too much money to care

Shady

Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsGood coworkers. Flexible schedule and freedom to sell what the customer needs rather than a particular phone they are pushing. Plenty of inventory.

ConsOver promised pay. If any inventory goes missing from the store during your shift then it comes out of your pocket. Expect 700 to 1000 dollars a month to be taken out of your check because of accessories missing. Deacts are outrageous. If u sell a phone for 30 bucks and make 50 bucks in commission and that line disconnects with in 180 days then they take your commission AND charge YOU the full retail price of the phone which is anywhere between 400 to 800 dollars. Also you have to drive a lot between stores because u have no home store. And to add to that there is no manager or someone to report to our guide you. They say they do but he/she is a sales coach who is more worried about scheming some one out of a lot of money.
    Long story short, the company takes zero loss because the sales reps pay for any loss the company has and they make twice a profit by starving their reps

Advice to Senior ManagementSales reps are your bread and butter... start treating them right or u will end up closing Ur doors just like hundreds of other retailers have that do what you do to reps!!!

I have been happy for the most part working with this company.

Cellular Sales Representative (Current Employee) Key West, FL

ProsGood income and hours. Flexible schedule when store is staffed correctly

ConsStart up pay to attract new employees is too low to attract quality applicants

Advice to Senior Managementpromote those who deserve it. Get rid of lazy or uncooperative employees.

Worked for Cellular Sales? Contribute to the Community!