Cellular Sales Reviews

Reset
3.4
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 34 reviews)

• Flexible hours and pretty good work life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission - company splits profit on a sale 50/50 with the rep(s) (in 27 reviews)

• iPhone charge backs from fraud are ridiculous (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Fantastic Sales atmosphere in the wireless industry

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for numerous wireless companies and retailers in Maryland, but Cellular Sales is the best. I am finally being paid what I am worth. No more hourly pay and horrible commissions. They pay a draw vs commission meaning if you're really good you make really good money. If you're not so good you can still get by. We rotate stores which is awesome. At first I wasn't so sure, but who wants to work in the same room Forever? Not me. This opens up more opportunities to network and grow my paycheck. We also get to pick our own schedules with a draft system. If you show up to work and put forth good effort you usually make at least $200 a day. Edge has really helped with chargebacks too. Love it. Tons of advancement as well.

Cons

You have to help new reps a lot. Not a big deal for me though. There is some driving. Some days maybe only a 15 min commute to work and some days 45 minutes. It takes a few months to make really good money, but they pay you hourly while you train. Not a bad trade off.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within. Keep bringing in great talent.

2. Lots of Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with the company for over ten years, and the experience and relationship has changed my life. Hard work ethics and positive attitudes are rewarded, and the fact that the company is still growing and relatively young means there are multiple areas for career growth and advancement. Management is very open to new ideas and executives are accessible to everyone in the organization.

Cons

It can be easy to get lost in the shuffle if you're not assertive and a go-getter. This is not a good company for people who need to be supervised and told what to do. If you're not independently minded, or you need lots of direction, this may not be the right fit.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to, invest in, and focus on your employees.

3. Tech Protect Insurance Representatice

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Cellular Sales allow you make your own schedule.

Cons

Call centers typically come with a high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Acquisition of internship opportunities for undergrad students employed at Cellular Sales.

5. Not great, not too shabby

Pros

Easy schedule, flexible, can be a fun environment.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement.

6. Sales rep

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

Good pay, benefits, independent, fun.

Cons

Inflexible schedule, long hours, short staffed

Keeps getting better

Current Employee - Sales Team Lead in Independence, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Team Lead in Independence, MO

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for so many different sales positions in the last 14 years, I don't know what took me so long to find this place. I have been in everything from high pressure sales to no pressure sales, and this is by far the best environment there is. It add the comfort of an hourly position(through means of a draw system) and the excitement of a commission only position, by offering reps a truly competitive edge in what they can earn. I my past experiences, which have included working for other wireless agents, I easily did twice the work for a fraction of what I am making now. It has truly increased my perceived self worth.

Cons

This is a position that requires a lot of personal responsibility. If you want to make "x" amount of money, you and only you are responsible for it. While there are many resources available to an individual to be successful, it is truly up to that individual to utilize those tools and push toward that success.

Advice to Management

We are on the right path, lets keep growing by hiring the right individuals and promoting from within. The training is top notch and is only getting better. The biggest opportunity for improvement however, is in the benefits package(primarily the cost of health care). Otherwise this has truly been a place that I am proud to work.

This is the best company I have ever worked for!

Pros

I've been with Cellular Sales for almost five years now and I can honestly say it's the best company I have ever worked for! They truly care about your success and it's so exciting to know you are in full control of your paycheck and can give yourself a raise whenever you want!

Cons

At times you have to put in more hours if you aren't where you need to be for the month.

9. Join CellularSales!

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CellularSales is a great company to work for. Everyone is friendly and there is a great sense of community among my peers and supervisors. They are great at working on your work schedule with you and there is a lot of flexibility when it comes to switching/dropping/picking up shifts or taking personal time off. There are usually extra hours you can pick up, as well as a new incentive program for the top call takers. They also like to hire from within, making this a great place to grow. There are benefit options for those working full time.

Cons

The base pay is $11 an hour, which is less than some call centers. However, the schedule flexibility as well as the incentive program helps make up for this.

Advice to Management

We should have a few more events like the potluck and icecream social. Perhaps on projected slow days there could be scheduled little group meetings to get us excited/feeling pride for our company. Also, I think you should make sure to encourage us not just for taking the most calls but for the quality and empathy we put into the calls. This is just as, if not more, important to providing the best customer service. Everyone likes to be recognized for their unique talents and nurturing these will only make us stronger overall.

10. 100% Commission

Former Employee - Independent Sales Consultant in Fort Wayne, IN
    Former Employee - Independent Sales Consultant in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of money to be made out there. Lots of freedom throughout the day, you are your own boss. Don't want to work that day? Don't go.. Lots of good people in the company but at the same time, some crooks out there.

Cons

Don't let them fool you with it being a "6 figure job". The only way you can really make 6 figures at this job is if you do EXACTLY what the higher ups want you to do...SCAM the customers. Most of the higher ups don't care about you personally or your life, all they want is you to make sales that deepen their pockets. If you like cold calls, ripping people off and being unethical then this job is the perfect one for you.

Advice to Management

Get some ethics.

11. Wireless Consultant

Pros

Great team atmosphere, ability for unlimited earning potential, not restricted solely to inside sales, great management/sales leaders

Cons

Retail hours, unreimbursed travel from store to store

RSS Feed </> Embed