www.joincellularsales.com

Updated November 12, 2014
3.2

Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • I have a flexible schedule in a unique position that is both challenging and fun (in 34 reviews)

• Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission pay structure with employees absorbing 100% of company losses (in 27 reviews)

• Charge backs from customers not keeping service a min of 181 days (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Cellular Sales

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company is a sales job not a clerk job and that is what I was told 4 yrs ago and have enjoyed working here. The uncapped commission is what I like the most. If you put the work in you can make great money. The people that do not work out are clerks. If your a sales rep you can make great money if you put in the work

Cons

Taking time off for a vacation can be tough, if you take a week off for a vacation there is no vacation pay but I was told that from the beginning so you just have to plan right.

Loved the people, hated the job.

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Generally, I got along with everyone that I worked with at Csoki -- unfortunately, that's really the only "pro" I can think of for this job.

Cons

Their company values are skewed, at best. The employees who are scamming customers and getting away with it are rewarded, while those who work hard and are honest about the products with the customers are scolded for not hitting sales goals.

The concept of "deacts" are outrageous - it was a constant struggle between selling a phone to make a dollar, or not selling a phone because of a deact risk (and the amount of money that would disappear from my paycheck because of it).

We never had a set schedule - it would be set for one month at a time, and then change completely for the next month. This was probably the least of my problems - the worst part was driving over an hour to work a shift at a store, when I had a store within twenty minutes of my home. We were constantly switching between stores, which also made it difficult to build a steady customer base.

The commission structure pitted me against my conscience every day. The cheaper (worse) a phone was, the more money you made on it. You could sell a cheap phone for a lot of money and really take advantage of the customer -- but in doing that, you run the risk of the customer finding out they were cheated. If you sold a halfway decent phone, the commission was often next to nothing, especially when split between your coworkers on shift.

I'm sure that I could continue to list all the reasons why I disagree with csoki's values at its core. But in short, if you are an excellent persuader, content being dishonest with most of your customers about the quality of the device you are selling, and willing to work a ridiculous amount of hours to make a living wage, then, yes, this job is for you.

Not a consistent company

Former Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay can be good if you don't mind overcharging customers.

Cons

Work in multiple locations weekly so it can be hard to build a customer base in one location. No clear path to advance in company.

Let reps stay at one store for more days during the week. It will give them a sense of ownership for the store and customers.

Great job, horrible management.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

Horrible management, they will promote anyone

Treat your employees with respect

Wonderful Company

Current Employee - Headquarters in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Headquarters in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am treated with respect and trusted to do my job. Pay is outstanding. We work as a team. Allows you to make your own path. I have an open line of communication with my direct boss and feel I am rewarded for my hard work.

Cons

You have to put your sales hat on and not get discouraged. Some days can get cumbersome, but I know at the end of the day, my work is valued and it is benefiting others that I work with.

Fantastic place to work, grow, and provide for my family.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great $$$$ with flexible hours

Cons

Some travel......I drive a Jeep

Keep doing what you are doing. Always promote from within and don't forget about your reps that got you to where you are today.

Great opprotunity to start your career. Indiana market

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked in the Indiana market for about a year and a half.

Potential to make a lot of money and build great relationships with people.
    No micro-management, no stress of a boss breathing down your neck.
    Fun atmosphere and great work environment.
    Lots of flexability with your schedule.

Cons

100 percent commission: still make good money but no vacation pay
    Work several stores in a area, work stores that are a hour drive away.
    Meetings at 7 a.m monthly and other work obligations/trainings with no pay.

I love the management we have in the Indiana market!

Some advice would be to be wise in the hiring process to hire people with a lot of integrity.

Wouldn't you want to be a part of this awesome company?

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am a proud employee of Cellular Sales! Cellular Sales is a family-style workplace that holds it's pride through honesty, hard work ethic, and personal responsibility. Here at Cellular Sales, hard work ethic is recognized and with hard work comes benefits and promotions. As our company is expanding, there are constant openings for new positions in several campaigns and with our 'only promote within' policy, it holds a standard that every employee is equally eligible to move up, as well as, every employee starts from the same point to guarantee that everyone above you has 'been where you are' and knows empathy to the core. Not only are you able to move up from hard work, but you also have the ability in gaining bonuses each month! You must be asking yourself, "It's easy to move up and you can earn bonuses, the environment must be the catch." Well you've never been more wrong! I look forward to coming to work every day (including over time when it's available!), seeing my bosses and co-workers, and having some of the best laughs and conversations.. I'm so happy I'm with this company. It's by far my favorite vocation I've ever been a part of.

Cons

Every job has Pros and Cons, but those are purely opinionated per individual. I personally, don't have any issues with this vocation. It's based at an awesome location, so lunch time is full of options (plus, we have our own built-in cafeteria and are catered everyday in-case you do not want to venture away from work)! Parking is not an issue. You have complete flexibilty with schedules! What's not to like?

Joining CSOKI as a Regional Recruiter was a solid career choice for me.

Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have a flexible schedule in a unique position that is both challenging and fun. I have the pleasure to work with some of the brightest, well-trained and professional group of folks around that make me strive to be better each day. I feel my compensation is solid, the continuing training and new tools provided to me are valuable telling me- my time and effort are appreciated.

Cons

Some of the outlying areas are increasingly more difficult to find qualified candidates, I strongly believe in Cellular Sales, the position we offer and the rewards received for putting in the work. Hiring the RIGHT candidate, every time is very important to both Cellular Sales and I.

I HAVE BEEN WITH CELLULAR SALES FOR 1 1/2

Current Employee - Sales in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Sales in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working here, I work in the Southwest of Indiana, the Directors in our area at second to none. They always pickup the phone when you call and are willing to help you. I have been here for about a year and a half.

Cons

None so far that I can see

None so far that I can see