Cellular Sales

Updated February 28, 2015
3.4

Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • I have a flexible schedule in a unique position that is both challenging and fun (in 34 reviews)

• Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission pay structure with employees absorbing 100% of company losses (in 27 reviews)

• Charge backs from customers not keeping service a min of 181 days (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Indirect retailer out there

Current Employee - Account Manager/Trainer in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager/Trainer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Highest commissions in the industry, no micromanagement, not a shark tank environment, awesome people to work with

Cons

Time off can be difficult get if you can't get your shift covered.

Chris and Jeff have done so much to make the CSOKI OR better. They keep coming up with ways to improve it for everyone. Keep it coming guys.

Amazing opportunity to grow and develop in an atmosphere that encourages continuous learning.

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Its the first job I've had where I truly enjoy the staff. From top to bottom the culture truly creates an environment that enjoy coming into each day. The amount of money for the work you do is very rewarding.

Cons

You must truly have a desire to succeed and have the mindset of a young professional. If you don't take the time to know what you're selling you will struggle, as in any sales job.

Keep treating the employees as you currently do. When they feel like they are the most important part of the company like they do now, that's when they go above and beyond.

I have been here 6 years and I am extremely satisfied with Cellular Sales. I truly enjoy the job and people I work with.

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Cellular Sales is a challenging but very rewarding work place if you have an entrepreneur's mind set. The sales process that the company exhibits is both honest and professional, but the aspect that I enjoy most is the culture. From top to bottom an employee feels empowered and fully supported by both management and fellow sales reps. The continuous training opportunities also allow a sales rep to really develop into a true sales professional, regardless of past sales experience.

Cons

One of the biggest challenges is definitely working with the public, you never know what the next door swing will bring your way. If you are not a patient person or do not have a servant's heart, this is probably not the place for you.

Keep opening stores in new locations to improve the companies foot print nationwide. Definitely continue to praise and support the sales reps for being the life blood of the company! Management works side by side with reps every day and in my opinion, that is the best work environment out there. Leadership is not sitting behind a desk barking out orders. They are beside you helping to lead the charge and direction of the day to day business.

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Good Work Life Balance, you work hard, you get rewarded. Granted it a 100% sales job, the compensation is great if you work hard. If you are a go-getter and have a "can-do" attitude, you can be successful at "CSOKI".

Cons

It is not for lazy people, need reliable transportation.

Open more stores

This company is full of positive, hard working, and intelligent people from top to bottom.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Very positive competitiveness all around. Co workers are always willing to help each other out. The money is great, most employees are over 50k a year which is awesome. There's plenty of room for expansion in the Maryland market. Edge all the way $MD$

Cons

Adapting to the slower times of the year....but if you learn to capitalize with every customer you encounter, you can still keep your money up through January and February.

Keep doing what your doing. I'm on board from a growing business mindset. Edge is really being taught and demonstrated professionally along with strong techniques of how to hit bonus consistently. I respect my bosses and consider them my friends. I honestly have a great relationship with all my co workers in the MD Market. That being said, let's break some records!!!!! #VappinEdge

Wireless Sales Rep

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

I have been here for 2 1/2 years and this is, by far, the best company I have worked for. The pay is GREAT, the culture is INSPIRING, and the leaders are EMPOWERING. Truly grateful for this job!

Cons

I was a waitress before I started working here, so it took me awhile to adjust to the wireless industry. It was a challenge but the guidance and the leadership helped me get to where I'm at today, a confident sales woman.

great culture & fast paced environment

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Strong, fun, and tight knit culture. TONS of prizes, perks, awards, dinners and events. High class dress code(Shirt and tie minimum and most wear suits) and professional environment. Lean management structure (also see cons). High commission payouts, entrepreneurial, direct access to social media, b2b prospecting tools, engaging workplace.
    Very keen on promoting from within, via mentor program.

Cons

Reactive industry... Constantly reacting to product changes, rate plan changes, tech changes, system changes... Exciting but equally tiresome at times.
    Lean management structure = ZERO micro management but it also means less feedback, and less management roles to get promoted too.

Open more stores. The last 2 years have been great for operations, and system updates... Things are smooth, it's time to grow again so we can keep people climbing the latter!
    Keep empowering us, the reason so many love this job is because of how much freedom they have

Great for Sales in Maryland.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are looking for a great place to make 40k-70k this is it. Tons of locations in the state of Maryland. There is a lot of growth potential in this Marketas it is still pretty new. There is a very long and detailed training curriculum. I have also seen a lot of Leadership training done to set reps up to take the next step in the ladder. There are people making 40k here and people making 90k.

Cons

You will need relaible transportation.
    Thats all I can think of at this point.

Keep opening stores and promoting those ,that work hard.

I have been working for Cellular Sales for 4 years

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have made great money the last 4 years and work with amazing people. If you are motivated and want to make great money in an industry that is recession proof, than this job is great! I have worked retail before and did not look forward going to work. Cellular Sales is fast paced and always changing so you don't get bored.Where else can you go to work and play with phones and tablets all day? The company also has great benefits.

Cons

If you don't like to travel, then this may not be for you.

Our management in Maryland is great! There is plenty of room for advancement if you really want it. I have seen new needed positions created with positive changes, and the company is only going to get larger with new store openings which will demand more positions.

Sales Team Leader

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I applied to work here because I was tired of working 'just another job'. I was ready for a career. This job has been rewarding in so many ways. The earning potential is amazing as are the people that I work with. You also get to work with some of the newest technology. Cellular Sales also provides a great work/life balance. I no longer have to work a ton of hours and have little to show for it.

Cons

The only con that comes to mind is how frequently things can change. The wireless world is always changing because technology improves so rapidly. Although the frequency of change is high, Cellular Sales has taught me how to adapt. I believe this trait will be invaluable for me in the future.

The leadership with Cellular Sales is great. They are all extremely passionate about establishing and maintaining a great culture. This leads to happier employees and customers. My advice to leadership would be to continue make culture a top priority.