Cellular Sales

Updated November 12, 2014
3.2

Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • I have a flexible schedule in a unique position that is both challenging and fun (in 34 reviews)

• Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission pay structure with employees absorbing 100% of company losses (in 27 reviews)

• Charge backs from customers not keeping service a min of 181 days (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

Wonderful Company

Current Employee - Headquarters in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Headquarters in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am treated with respect and trusted to do my job. Pay is outstanding. We work as a team. Allows you to make your own path. I have an open line of communication with my direct boss and feel I am rewarded for my hard work.

Cons

You have to put your sales hat on and not get discouraged. Some days can get cumbersome, but I know at the end of the day, my work is valued and it is benefiting others that I work with.

Great opprotunity to start your career. Indiana market

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked in the Indiana market for about a year and a half.

Potential to make a lot of money and build great relationships with people.
    No micro-management, no stress of a boss breathing down your neck.
    Fun atmosphere and great work environment.
    Lots of flexability with your schedule.

Cons

100 percent commission: still make good money but no vacation pay
    Work several stores in a area, work stores that are a hour drive away.
    Meetings at 7 a.m monthly and other work obligations/trainings with no pay.

I love the management we have in the Indiana market!

Some advice would be to be wise in the hiring process to hire people with a lot of integrity.

Fantastic place to work, grow, and provide for my family.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great $$$$ with flexible hours

Cons

Some travel......I drive a Jeep

Keep doing what you are doing. Always promote from within and don't forget about your reps that got you to where you are today.

Wouldn't you want to be a part of this awesome company?

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am a proud employee of Cellular Sales! Cellular Sales is a family-style workplace that holds it's pride through honesty, hard work ethic, and personal responsibility. Here at Cellular Sales, hard work ethic is recognized and with hard work comes benefits and promotions. As our company is expanding, there are constant openings for new positions in several campaigns and with our 'only promote within' policy, it holds a standard that every employee is equally eligible to move up, as well as, every employee starts from the same point to guarantee that everyone above you has 'been where you are' and knows empathy to the core. Not only are you able to move up from hard work, but you also have the ability in gaining bonuses each month! You must be asking yourself, "It's easy to move up and you can earn bonuses, the environment must be the catch." Well you've never been more wrong! I look forward to coming to work every day (including over time when it's available!), seeing my bosses and co-workers, and having some of the best laughs and conversations.. I'm so happy I'm with this company. It's by far my favorite vocation I've ever been a part of.

Cons

Every job has Pros and Cons, but those are purely opinionated per individual. I personally, don't have any issues with this vocation. It's based at an awesome location, so lunch time is full of options (plus, we have our own built-in cafeteria and are catered everyday in-case you do not want to venture away from work)! Parking is not an issue. You have complete flexibilty with schedules! What's not to like?

I decide my worth. In nine months I climbed from number 10 out of 30 dealers, to number 1.

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I left the auto industry as a finance manager, making six figures and 90 hours a week. I now work 60-65 hours if I NEED to and clear 6-8k per month with lots of flexibility. I was also selected to work trade shows where I make 1k per day for two weeks straight. chargebacks and deactivations mean nothing to me As I am used to a lot more in the auto industry.

Cons

Part timers, college kids, inexperienced sales people, share riders, people that don't clean up after themselves.

We need higher turnover.

Even better than it was hyped up to be!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The flexibility is unlike any other with similar compensation. The work environment is incredibly supportive. For a commission job, everyone is extremely helpful and caring. The interview process was phenomenal. Extremely professional. Entrepreneurial environment. Ability to give yourself a raise by simply working more.

Cons

You have to learn how to unplug from the office. Customers receive your phone number on each receipt, so be sure to provide great service to everyone...this can turn this con into a pro.

Continue with solid communication and transparency.

Google of the cellular sales world

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kennewick, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You're selling with best product in the best possible cellular sales environment. It's an extremely simple management structure where the top if happy if the bottom is happy. They teach you how to run a company from the ground up.

Cons

There is a lot of responsibility expected from management that some employees don't recognize they'll have in the beginning (inventory management, product knowledge, customer retention).

Don't change.

BEST CAREER IN WIRELESS

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-flexible work schedule
    -industry highest commissions
    -positive culture
    -extensive and paid training curriculum
    -upward growth
    -growing market
    -weekly sales training
    -leadership training
    -401k and health benefite provided

Cons

-must be able to sell to make good money
    -must be able to drive to multiple stores
    -gas could be a real cost depending on where stores are located in your area.
    -no immediate management positions, promote from within
    -No paid personal days or vacation days

nothing at this time.

Great for self starters that don't need much supervision to excel

Current Employee - Field Technician
    Current Employee - Field Technician

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

- lots of scheduling flexibility
    - experience in a growing successful company
    - great entry position to the I.T. field
    - privately owned company

Cons

- starting pay was good but not much advancement available
    - not very structured
    - sometimes poor communication from the top down which leads to general confusion on future direction

Communicate better with the technicians out in the field. Get a better hold on the market directors so that they don't dominate the technician's time with menial tasks that hinder productivity.

Take advantage of the freedoms and uncapped commissions.

Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*Highest commission payouts in the wireless industry
    *freedom to work without a manager always being on the floor
    *encouragement to get outside the store and find business
    *change of scenery between multiple locations (which also creates more opportunity for more clientele.)
    *flexible scheduling and ability to get your shift covered without having to go through management
    *shared commission on phones for those days that you happen to get the customer service issues yet they keep accessories and all other add on's non share so the lazier reps have to actually contribute instead of share-riding
    *full health benefits
    *great people to work with and great people to work for. (The RD's and Teamleads and other sales reps)
    *extreme increase in income for most people.
    *Bonus's on top of the commission

Cons

Cellular sales cons
    *possibility of working federal holidays
    *not observing local holidays (ei: Mardi Gras, which is taken very serious in the state of Louisiana)
    *no paid time off or sick days (you can easily get your shift covered if you're fully staffed though)
    *All commission bothers some people (myself not included) but you will make at least $10 an hour if its less than your commission but if that is the case then you should probably find a cashier job because you should NOT be working at cellular sales!

Verizon issues are the bigger issues which are not cellular sales fault, but they are still cons.
    *Not having a way to help people change their address, or phone number or other simple tasks that we should be about to access without constantly having to call customer service
    *Verizon indirect managers can't do much to help you with credits, or system errors out of CS control

look more into unethical reps that are pulling in numbers, but doing it the wrong way, it really hurts our reputation. (which they are getting much better about that in our particular market.)