Cellular Sales Reviews

Updated August 20, 2014

3.4

Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 36 reviews)

• Great work life balance, I work 5 days a week approximately 35 hours (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • With every 100% commission job you are required to return commission if the sale does not stick (in 23 reviews)

• Charge backs and new management are making most reps look for work elsewhere (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Even better than it was hyped up to be!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for less than a year

Pros

The flexibility is unlike any other with similar compensation. The work environment is incredibly supportive. For a commission job, everyone is extremely helpful and caring. The interview process was phenomenal. Extremely professional. Entrepreneurial environment. Ability to give yourself a raise by simply working more.

Cons

You have to learn how to unplug from the office. Customers receive your phone number on each receipt, so be sure to provide great service to everyone...this can turn this con into a pro.

Continue with solid communication and transparency.

Google of the cellular sales world

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Kennewick, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Kennewick, WA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You're selling with best product in the best possible cellular sales environment. It's an extremely simple management structure where the top if happy if the bottom is happy. They teach you how to run a company from the ground up.

Cons

There is a lot of responsibility expected from management that some employees don't recognize they'll have in the beginning (inventory management, product knowledge, customer retention).

Don't change.

BEST CAREER IN WIRELESS

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than a year

Pros

-flexible work schedule
    -industry highest commissions
    -positive culture
    -extensive and paid training curriculum
    -upward growth
    -growing market
    -weekly sales training
    -leadership training
    -401k and health benefite provided

Cons

-must be able to sell to make good money
    -must be able to drive to multiple stores
    -gas could be a real cost depending on where stores are located in your area.
    -no immediate management positions, promote from within
    -No paid personal days or vacation days

nothing at this time.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for self starters that don't need much supervision to excel

Current Employee - Field Technician
    Current Employee - Field Technician

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

- lots of scheduling flexibility
    - experience in a growing successful company
    - great entry position to the I.T. field
    - privately owned company

Cons

- starting pay was good but not much advancement available
    - not very structured
    - sometimes poor communication from the top down which leads to general confusion on future direction

Communicate better with the technicians out in the field. Get a better hold on the market directors so that they don't dominate the technician's time with menial tasks that hinder productivity.

Take advantage of the freedoms and uncapped commissions.

Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative  in  Lafayette, LA
    Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Lafayette, LA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than a year

Pros

*Highest commission payouts in the wireless industry
    *freedom to work without a manager always being on the floor
    *encouragement to get outside the store and find business
    *change of scenery between multiple locations (which also creates more opportunity for more clientele.)
    *flexible scheduling and ability to get your shift covered without having to go through management
    *shared commission on phones for those days that you happen to get the customer service issues yet they keep accessories and all other add on's non share so the lazier reps have to actually contribute instead of share-riding
    *full health benefits
    *great people to work with and great people to work for. (The RD's and Teamleads and other sales reps)
    *extreme increase in income for most people.
    *Bonus's on top of the commission

Cons

Cellular sales cons
    *possibility of working federal holidays
    *not observing local holidays (ei: Mardi Gras, which is taken very serious in the state of Louisiana)
    *no paid time off or sick days (you can easily get your shift covered if you're fully staffed though)
    *All commission bothers some people (myself not included) but you will make at least $10 an hour if its less than your commission but if that is the case then you should probably find a cashier job because you should NOT be working at cellular sales!

Verizon issues are the bigger issues which are not cellular sales fault, but they are still cons.
    *Not having a way to help people change their address, or phone number or other simple tasks that we should be about to access without constantly having to call customer service
    *Verizon indirect managers can't do much to help you with credits, or system errors out of CS control

look more into unethical reps that are pulling in numbers, but doing it the wrong way, it really hurts our reputation. (which they are getting much better about that in our particular market.)

This is one of the best companies with which I have ever been associated.

Current Employee - Wireless Consultant  in  Cape Girardeau, MO
    Current Employee - Wireless Consultant in Cape Girardeau, MO

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Simply put, this company provides all the resources with which to earn as much money as desired. Employees are trusted to do the right thing with minimal supervision.

Cons

This is a commission-only position so if one is not good with resource management or is not driven to succeed, one most likely will fail.

Only one recommendation: spend more time with your people :)

Been here 6 years and don't plan on leaving. More than fair compensation and flexible hours.

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Rewards an entrepreneurs work ethic! No boundaries, fun atmosphere, team based selling.

Cons

In my opinion there are no real cons. Maybe some unsuccessful people are not replaced quick enough and given way to many chances.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Flexibility

Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great schedule due to you picking your own shifts as opposed to someone creating you a set schedule. It's a wonderful way for business minded individuals to learn how to become a successful business person. Ample training, Sales meetings, and reliable Team leaders is what makes working here your worth.

Cons

Not having full lines of authority such as corporate Verizon (such as putting the devices purchased that day on the bill, and access to specific accounts).

I was recently hired by Cellular Sales and have loved every minute of it.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company doesn't limit you to the amount of money that you can make. The flexibility of your schedule along with best commissions in the business make this a great company to work for. I highly recommend Cellular Sales to anyone looking for a great opportunity to get into the sales business.

Cons

It takes a little while to learn the system but once you get comfortable the sky is the limit.

Keep doing what you're doing and allowing the sales reps the chance to succeed.

My experience at Cellularsales has been the best life changing move I have ever made!

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Newark, DE

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cellularsales has given me unlimited earning potential and for me that is a huge perk. My work week is very flexable and for me with a wife and baby boy is a must. I have spent over 4 years with this company and I can't say enough good this about Cellularsales. The people the leadership and the system here at Cellularsales is top notch to say the least. If your looking for a great work atmosphere and unlimited earning potential Cellularsales should be your go to job.

Cons

I can't think of one Con??? This job is awesome!

Keep doing what your doing. You guys rock!

Worked for Cellular Sales? Contribute to the Community!