Cellular Sales Reviews

Reset
3.4
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 34 reviews)

• Flexible hours and pretty good work life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission - company splits profit on a sale 50/50 with the rep(s) (in 27 reviews)

• iPhone charge backs from fraud are ridiculous (in 27 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Fantastic Sales atmosphere in the wireless industry

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for numerous wireless companies and retailers in Maryland, but Cellular Sales is the best. I am finally being paid what I am worth. No more hourly pay and horrible commissions. They pay a draw vs commission meaning if you're really good you make really good money. If you're not so good you can still get by. We rotate stores which is awesome. At first I wasn't so sure, but who wants to work in the same room Forever? Not me. This opens up more opportunities to network and grow my paycheck. We also get to pick our own schedules with a draft system. If you show up to work and put forth good effort you usually make at least $200 a day. Edge has really helped with chargebacks too. Love it. Tons of advancement as well.

Cons

You have to help new reps a lot. Not a big deal for me though. There is some driving. Some days maybe only a 15 min commute to work and some days 45 minutes. It takes a few months to make really good money, but they pay you hourly while you train. Not a bad trade off.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within. Keep bringing in great talent.

Sales Consultant

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexable scedule you get to pick your sifts in a draft everymonth based on your sales ranking. The better you are the more money you make.

Cons

CHARGEBACKS! Can take half your paycheck because they take back 6 times the commision they pay you if the customer doesn't pay their bill for 6 months. More cut throught sells reps trying to take your sales because they doubled the sales reps on the floor my second year but sales and commssions went down. Only the ruthless survive and stay around. Very high turnover rate. Only work here if you have no other option.

Advice to Management

You are out for yourselfs and sacrafice the sales team.

3. Decent place to work

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make good money here if you put in the work. Hours are much better than other sales positions I've had. You're selling a product people want and are excited about.

Cons

Very complicated compensation structure. Difficult to get through the first couple months before you start collecting commission. Not a lot of room for advancement.

5. Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential to make 6 figures out of the gate, easily the highest paid cell phone sales job anywhere including VZW Corporate. your schedule is fully adjustable - you just need to find people to trade with/cover for you. paid vacation available after 1 year and exceptional performance. Huge opportunity to learn to sell due to extensive training, high number of opportunities per day, high number of lay-downs (people who have already made the decision to buy before they see you) for a sales job. You are given an automatic bonus tier for your first 90 days and are constantly mentored through your 1 month training and first 90 days. 1 month training is paid hourly. Company structure is flat - no store managers or middle management; everyone is a salesman and responsible for their own success. You won't be micromanaged or bossed around. You are free to pursue whatever avenue you like to generate sales both inside and outside the store: Some reps cold call businesses, some hand out business cards wherever they go, some have their own E-mailing list, others join local chambers of commerce. You are able to open any store at any time to make a sale. You can get the company intranet installed on your laptop and take it with you for outside sales if you desire to.

Cons

Job is not for everyone: You must be responsible, teachable, and professional at all times (a huge CON for many people). If you don't follow through on every sale, you don't get paid for every sale. Most that fail fail due to lack of responsibility and like any sales job, there is a high turnover rate. Commissions take up to 2.5 months to get paid (March's commissions paid are for sales made in JAN). Every piece of inventory is scanned twice a day every day. You will drive a lot because you will work a different store every day. Hours are typically 45-50 per week. Some work less, others work much more. There is a rigid system for firing people who are often late, especially in the beginning. Most are content making 40-50K a year and never step out of their comfort zone to get better.

6. Just another job.

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice technology, nice co workers, many promises, learning experience, supervision not down your throat, autonomy, fun, hard work, multi=faceted

Cons

Poor leadership, understaffed, poor management, high turnover, too much to do, self serving people do best, poor team environment, promises are unfulfilled

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

7. Great job, lots of money making avenues, terrible management

Former Employee - Cellular Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Cellular Sales Representative

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No cap commission! The most money I made in a month was 10,000 before taxes. That was working the 4th and 8th best stores in our market and working less than 25 shifts a month. No managers hanging around so no pressure. Great coworkers who were like family. Great on your resume. I loved the selling part of the job. You just have to be creative and smart with it.

Cons

Managers. I was the top salesman in new activations, insurance, money made per shift, and other categories, but I can bet you money the regional director of our market couldn't point me out of a line up. They don't treat you any different if you've been number 1 or number 132. ASM's, at least the one on my team, didn't do ANYTHING to help the reps out. Company policies will change, which appeared to me every month, polar opposites every month. The RD has no contact with the floor at all. We never see the guy at all. They are all figure heads and don't listen to the people who are selling.

Advice to Management

Listen to the reps. Without them you have no job.

8. Sales Rep

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time

Pros

You can trade days `

Cons

The worst training I have ever been through, Thrown to the wolves, Charge backs, the whole company is a bunch of thieves

Advice to Management

Get real no one is impressed by your BS.

9. GREAT COMPANY!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Great Pay, Awesome Co-Workers

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement

10. Good Team Sales Experience

Former Employee - Sales Professional in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Climate controlled environment, new gadgets, sales.

Cons

RD for Chattanooga Market, no vertical advancement opportunities, saturated market place

Advice to Management

Take care of your sales people, employee retention, team building

11. Has potential, you have to realize it

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can make good money, up to you.

Cons

Chargebacks on deacts from other sellers and accessories, complex pay structure.

Advice to Management

Use the security cameras you have to prevent loss, don't profit from it at your employees expense.

RSS Feed </> Embed