Cellular Sales Reviews

426 reviews filtered by
3.6
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • I have a flexible schedule in a unique position that is both challenging and fun (in 34 reviews)

• Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission pay structure with employees absorbing 100% of company losses (in 27 reviews)

• Charge backs from customers not keeping service a min of 181 days (in 27 reviews)

1. One of the best Company's I have worked t in my life.

Former Employee - Seacoast Account Manager in North Hampton, NH
    Former Employee - Seacoast Account Manager in North Hampton, NH

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

You have total control of your money you make. When I walked in everyday to work it was like a new business I could actually call my own. First off never boring or same old place no, we swapped stores almost everyday! I was able to have my store stocked with mobile phoned and devices to sell and made a great profit at and I didn't even have to buy the stock at like the c razy retail price they cost 100 cell phones Apple and Samsung will say and will through in some low end ones would cost you $70,000 alone foor the phones never mind the rent of the store, the lights, paper, pens copy machines etc. It was all there for me to use and make money and I made a lot. Thank you Cellular Sales for putting all that money in my pocket and still thinking customer satisfaction first. I sold to a lot of Happy customers and they sent me a few new ones in return, which put even more money in my pocket.

Cons

Well like all retail you have to work holidays especially Black Friday. Now I don't mind a Saturday here and there but in the long run you will work a lot of them here. Because that's one of the busiest days so when making money we all have to sacrifice I worked also on July 4th if not the best but my personal favorite holiday. Again even though it was con of mine if you can get over that at this company you will have no cons at all like I did after awhile. "Money talks and people walk."

At This company everyone from the owner to the General managers even the office girls in the back who work very hard making sure you I's are dotted and t'S are crossed and the guys in the stoke room making sure we have phones and accessories make it obtainable to move up and make money and move up at the same time no one has sonority really we work so well together that we a re all managers we are all upper management we are all in it together to help make everyone grow at this company I moved and it only took me a less than a year. You can too at Cellular Sales One of if not the leader in authorized retailer for Verizion

2. Excellent

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Great pay if you're willing to put in the work. True definition of a retail position.

Cons

Drawbacks and deactivations can have you paying some of your earnings back to the company.

Keep it all the same, if a worker cannot handle their own out there then that is their problem.

3. An amazing place to start and continue your professional career.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Naples, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You have the ability to work here with little or no experience. The hours are flexible and there is no ceiling to the amount of money you can make. You travel to different store fronts so it keeps it from being too monotonous. My area has an amazing team atmosphere and my fellow coworkers are the greatest to work along side. Central Florida's market has great STLs and upper management who look out for you and care about you not only as an employee, but as a friend. Benefits available and 401k options.

Cons

You must be self-motivated and adaptive to change. There is no micro-management so being lazy gets you nowhere. Verizon changes their promotions often, so be prepared to go with the flow or get left behind! Travel between work can be costly and some markets will not reimburse you for it. Deactivations can hurt so there is risk with your rewards.

Upper management levels in my personal market exceed expectation. My STL makes an effort to help me improve because I had no prior sales experience. I feel that I am cared about as an employee here.

5. REMARKABLE

Current Employee - Senior Wireless Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Wireless Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cellularsales (SG market) will do everything they can to make you successful. The atmosphere in this market is like a big family. Very rare to find a place to work like that. Its is pretty remarkable.

Cons

Only con is Verizon itself. Cellularsales does an awesome job of getting what we need to be successful, but Verizon is a very greedy company that only worries about its share holders. So as reps we are always fighting Verizon for our customers and for our pay.

The SG market management is on point right now. Keep up the great work. Hopefully others markets can follow SG's lead and have their sales people act more like friends and family so they work better together.

6. The only thing that comes to a sleeper is a dream

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Your income potential is truly dependent upon your own efforts. You do indeed have the opportunity to make a lot of money here. Schedule flexibility once you have gotten out of your "new-hire" phase. In general all coworkers are very helpful and your back-office, and upper management support their sales reps.

Cons

Point of sale systems seem to be outdated. The sales process, in my opinion, takes entirely too long. Not for everyone. Don't look for too much hand holding. If you want the type of income that will afford you a new boat...you have to go get it!

Automate inventory system. Continue to work to maintain competitive with our "competition". A lot of emphasis is placed on service as it should be, however being able to provide a quality product at the price of our competitor is also an important element.

You are fighting a battle based on their price advantage vs. our people/service advantage. The cultural climate is sadly changing to the point that money(price) is valued over service.

7. Insane opportunity

Current Employee - Team Lead in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Highest paid commission in the industry. Flexible working hours. Fun family environment. New friends for life. Lots of training opportunities to advance sales skills. Being 100% commission is a great driving factor to keep you going everyday.

Cons

It's a retail job. You'll have to drive 45 min to further away stores at least a few times a week. Weekends are busy and it only makes sense to work them. Open till 8 at night and nights are sometimes busier.

They're doing a great job. More of a family than a job.

8. Best Sales and Customer service job I have ever had

Former Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Hampton, NH
    Former Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Hampton, NH

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The money of coarse is great also the people I work with are a great help to me performing my job.

Cons

Sometimes it can be along day and after working two or three days in a row it can be a challenge for some people. Along with travel it will put a toll on you.

Their has always been a great support from the back office. With out them I wouldn't be able to do my job as well as I did they should be recognized more in their support role.

9. Love it

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, great money, and easy to make money.

Cons

100% commission so if you aren't a salesman it's not for you.

Keep doing a great job!

10. So much potential...

Current Employee - Technology in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Technology in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company has potential to be an even bigger deal than they already are. Currently a billion dollar company, they operate like a mom & pop joint...which feels good. Great benefits, VERY friendly people - some of the nicest I've ever worked with...very smart people. Family and community oriented.

Cons

The challenge comes with being a billion dollar company and operating like a mom & pop joint. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. Management is young and excited, but seems to have a difficult time executing the details that make up the "big picture." Visionaries - all, but execution is difficult when each department or region is run as it's own separate entity. Technology has an opportunity to streamline so many things, but upper management, regional directors, and facilities make it nearly impossible to accomplish because nobody wants to be forthcoming with information or relinquish any control. Interoffice/department communication is critical, and CS has a lot of growing pains before working the kinks out. The communication is there, but follow through between departments is extremely lacking. It's totally doable, but upper management is going to have to make and enforce procedures. If you can wait it out, this is THE company to work for in Knoxville. Hands down.

Many very talented people all over this company. You have some of the most talented technology people in the industry - you should trust them more. Cross department communication and execution is crucial in achieving the goals that are so very achievable. Open door policies, as well as a clear understanding of job functions and responsibilities could take CS to the next level. Execution, policies, and procedures would find this company with major long term financial savings and growth, as well as an ability to hire and retain the best people in the industry.

11. Wireless consultant

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

You get to play with gadgets all day, and there's no manager hovering over you.

Cons

Straight commission, retail hours, you have to deal with people who are mad about stuff you don't have the authority to fix

Provide a base pay.