Cellular Sales Reviews

438 reviews filtered by
3.5
Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • I have a flexible schedule in a unique position that is both challenging and fun (in 34 reviews)

• Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission pay structure with employees absorbing 100% of company losses (in 27 reviews)

• Charge backs from customers not keeping service a min of 181 days (in 27 reviews)

Okay place to work for a little while

Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Contractor - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at Cellular Sales as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Can pick up extra shifts to earn extra money
    Can have other people pick up your shifts to work less

Cons

Independent Contractor
    Late Nights and Weekends
    Money just disappears at the end of the month out of your commissions

Advice to Management

Don't steal employees money

2. Ups and downs

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Flexible hours decent money in the beginning

Cons

No team work needs more training

Advice to Management

Every store needs a manager

3. Sales

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

Nice hours but bad location.

Cons

No benefits and room for growth.

Advice to Management

More options

5. Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Bel Air, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Bel Air, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Ability to help people.

Cons

Sexual harassment is seemingly acceptable if you are putting up good numbers. I was inappropriately touched by a member of management, I had to ask three times for him to stop touching my bottom before he respected my wishes. The sexual harassment continued for over a month with him speaking horribly about me. I reported this activity to HR and two things were done: the manager was asked not to speak of me like that again by HR (no acknowledgement about him fondling me) and my job was threatened by local management (I have been an above average employee up to this incident). There have been at least one other reported case that is similar and her job was hanging on by threads also, while the person who said he was going to sexually assault her had a secured position.

Advice to Management

Act like managers, don't just take the title.

Fantastic Sales atmosphere in the wireless industry

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have worked for numerous wireless companies and retailers in Maryland, but Cellular Sales is the best. I am finally being paid what I am worth. No more hourly pay and horrible commissions. They pay a draw vs commission meaning if you're really good you make really good money. If you're not so good you can still get by. We rotate stores which is awesome. At first I wasn't so sure, but who wants to work in the same room Forever? Not me. This opens up more opportunities to network and grow my paycheck. We also get to pick our own schedules with a draft system. If you show up to work and put forth good effort you usually make at least $200 a day. Edge has really helped with chargebacks too. Love it. Tons of advancement as well.

Cons

You have to help new reps a lot. Not a big deal for me though. There is some driving. Some days maybe only a 15 min commute to work and some days 45 minutes. It takes a few months to make really good money, but they pay you hourly while you train. Not a bad trade off.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting from within. Keep bringing in great talent.

7. Average 100% commission job.

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Opportunity to make a lot of money, no cap on what you could take home, and an extremely flexible schedule.

Cons

Being personally financially responsible when customer accounts deactivate within the first six months. Not only do they take your commission back but they charge you the cost of the phone that was deactivated (e.x. iPhones, you pay 1/4 of 650$ only 1/4 because the 3 other people on your shift pay the other portions). No time off at all, I don't just mean paid but you cannot call off of a shift, if you can't get the shift covered you better have a doctor's note or a huge emergency, otherwise they let you go for being a "no-show".

Advice to Management

to many things to list...

8. Horrific experience

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Yakima, WA
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Yakima, WA

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

Extremely lax (if you're into that sort of thing)

Cons

Employees openly talked about illegal drug use in front of customers. Upper management does not care at all and wants to "protect the family". As a customer, I would be fearful to do any business with them as documents with customer information is left laying around the store and saved to computer desktops (against federal laws btw). When this was brought to management attention, it was waived off. Active management is not visible in store and therefore there is a huge lack of accountability. Has to be the most unprofessional "business" I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Hire professions to act like professionals and follow the law inside and outside of the store.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You are paid for the work that you do. Every year I've gotten better at my job and have increased my pay as well as have had the opportunity to be promoted on top of that. Also, there is a very flexible schedule.

Cons

There are some that try to make money off of other people's work and complain when they can't pull their own wait. No paid time off.

Advice to Management

I think we need more locations

Wish I Had Joined Sooner

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Outstanding job. Can't speak for how every market is, but Louisville is great. If I were to guess, the average rep is making around $54,000. Management here is top notch. Can reach a Regional Manager or VP with a single call or text. Awesome work atmosphere. I genuinely enjoy being around my co-workers. I was told about the job a year prior to joining. Didn't think it would pay that much or be as good of an opportunity as it is. I had been in cell phones before and didn't want to come back to the industry, but I'm glad I did. Very flexible schedule. If you really want to make $7000 a month, the only thing standing in your way is how much you want to work for it.

Cons

No vacation time, but you are able to take time off and pick up other shifts
    Constant changing of sales emphasis. Never know what to focus on from month to month.
    The health benefits leave a little to be desired

Advice to Management

As I mentioned above, I wish I had taken the opportunity a year earlier than I did. Improve the benefits and you can't be touched.

11. Apply At Your Own Risk

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a potential to make a lot of money if you do not mind sacrificing life outside of work. You are expected to dress very professional just like the "leaders", when the atmosphere is not so professional. You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.

Cons

You are told that you are disposable because they have a full-time recruiter on staff to replace you. Rather than making current employees happy they would like to spend additional money to train new hires. Management is extremely unprofessional and incapable of doing their job. There have been many reported issues of sexual harassment towards female employees with "a slap on the wrist" as punishment. The people accused of sexual harassment include other sales reps and those in management.
    You will be promoted and demoted based upon your good graces, rather than your hard work.
    Beware of hidden charges to your pay check. They will charge you money and take it out of you pay check. Things such as deactivations, missing items, mistakes you or other reps you are on the share for make are all taken out of your pay check before you even get it.

Advice to Management

Be more professional. Conduct yourself like true 'leaders'. Lead by example, don't be the example of what not to do. Allow your people to trust in you, do not have them questioning your shady dealings. Respond off of a managerial mindset rather then emotion. When an issue arises take care of it rather than avoid the situation.