Cellular Sales

Updated September 10, 2014
3.3

Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 36 reviews)

• Great work life balance, I work 5 days a week approximately 35 hours (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • With every 100% commission job you are required to return commission if the sale does not stick (in 23 reviews)

• Charge backs and new management are making most reps look for work elsewhere (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

I was contacted by a local recruiter one day after submitting resume.

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant  in  Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is all about giving the employee all the right tools to succeed. I left a job making a minimum $35,000 a year and was kind of nervous giving that up. They expedited my hiring/interviewing and encouraged me to complete my final 2 weeks with my former employer. They allowed me to schedule my new hire training around my former employer schedule. So far I have not met a single person in the market for this company that is not making the money they deserve. Mentors, trainers, and managers want you to succeed and do everything they can to make that happen. If you do what you are supposed to the leaders show appreciation for you.

Cons

The company and specifically the market I am in is going through a cleaning house period so to speak. Unfortunately some of the employees have become complacent and are not making goals and doing the right thing for the company and customers. Some of them have bad attitudes and are not really liking the fact that they are on the way out. I try to stay away from them and not play into the bad mouthing of the company.

Continue to support your employees and give them support and show appreciation. Keep leading by example and providing the leadership motivated employees want.

A great company to work for!

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant  in  Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Montgomery, AL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cellular Sales pays the highest commissions in the wireless industry. The sky is the limit!

Cons

If you are not motivated and don't put 100% in, you may not like working here.

Keep up the great work!

Watch your paychecks and scrutinize them.

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Schedule flexibility. That's IT. I have nothing else to say about them to be honestl.

Cons

Deacts-random deactivations show up on your check even if a customer has not deacted. So in a given month, you may only have about $70 taken from your paycheck (RARE), the biggest majority of the time they are $300, $500, $800... I have had as much as $1,700 taken from my paycheck. Some were verifiable and accurate, and more often than not it was the fault of another rep, not me! So yes, you SHARE commissions AND deacts.

If inventory goes missing from your store, it comes out of your check! You're welcome.

Management (LOL) if you want to call them that, are constantly nagging on all kinds of randomness that more often than not will not have a thing to do with you or anything you can affect change on.

Verizon store support reps are awesome, but they "leadership" stays nervous when they are in the store.

If you work a slow location, you may not make a PENNY even though you spent 8+ hours in a store. Is it the EMPLOYEES' fault that there are no customers in the store? No. Advertise!

I went so far as to cold call to bring people in and NOTHING helped.

Pay a base if no VAPS made on a shift. It is DEMORALIZING to make NO money and spend your day inside of a store!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great start for college grads and people looking to into sales

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than a year

Pros

typical corporate expectation with a laid back atmosphere.

Cons

commission structure is a little involved. could be more straight foward

keep up the good work. you guys do the best you can with what you have

Great job for beginners.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Super Flexible schedule.
    Easiest job you will ever have.
    No micro - management.
    Casual atmosphere.
    Ability to make your own schedule.
    Great beginner sales job.

Cons

I'm not sure how anyone could support a family with this income. And here's why:

You really have to work every day if you want to make real money. Only a handful make over 5k a month. And you have to sell a TON of phones to even get that. 5k sounds good right? You would think so. And that's what they want you to think. Of that 5k, after taxes, missing inventory, and DEACTS ( the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of in my life ), your lucky to get 3K.

I don't care what anyone on here has said, the more phones you sell, the higher your deacts will be.

Here's how deacts work. Cellular Sales makes you pay for the equipment if the customer either doesn't pay their bill or cancels their service. So you not only lose your commission, but you also have to pay for the equipment, which conveniently comes out of your paycheck.

God help you if you get sick or have a bad month or something. I've seen some reps that have $800 - $1,000 in deacts. Simply for doing their job. Mine were usually $350 - $500. I would make about $4500 but i would be lucky to get $3,000. And you only get paid once a month, when there is a 14 day return policy. Make sense? Nope.

Basically Verizon says its ok to sell this person a phone after running an application, but than if they cancel their service, which you have no control over, you LOSE money. How this makes sense to someone I will never understand. Cellular Sales has plenty of money to pay for their own equipment loss.

And there really is no room for advancement unless you live in Knoxville.

Numbers are the ONLY thing these guys care about. If you put up huge numbers, you can lie, cheat, and steal as much as you want. From my experience, most of the people putting up huge numbers are doing one of, if not all three.

And that's the God's honest truth. I have no reason to lie. I quit to make more money somewhere else. I was making decent money, but it's like they try to take it from you.

They still owe me about $1000 which i will probably never see.

PAY FOR YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT LOSS!! Losing money for doing your job is beyond ridiculous. I have worked for Verizon Corporate as well, and they do not do this. If someone cancels, you simply have to make up the lost activation the next month. Which is easy and actually makes sense.

Sales Consultant

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with good people.. Work - life balance...you don't have to take your work home although you are expected to answer your phone all the time.

Cons

Deactivations and company growing pains. Inexperienced management

Train your managers and look for experienced managers not managers created from top sales reps that don't have any business managing people

very nice to work with people

Current Employee - Metro Pcs  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Metro Pcs in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

because of customer service,and my team.. (COWORKERS)

Cons

having goals, making everyday better the company

Pretty good experience.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Vicksburg, MS
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vicksburg, MS

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedules and you can make as much money as you want as long as you out the work in.

Cons

Chargebacks for deactivations and chargeback a for canceled insurance.

Work to find better ways to match Verizon's pricing while still maintaining good commissions

The greatest experience that I have had in a career.

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  Kingsport, TN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Kingsport, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I absolutely love the flexibility of schedule. If I need time off, I swap around my schedule and make it happen. Unlike my previous employers (all retail management), with Cellular Sales, you absolutely get back what you put in. Hard work, dedication, and good people skills are the key to success! Take care of your customers needs and you WILL reap the benefits.

Cons

It is commission only, which is not for some people. I happen to love it though.

Keep doing what you're doing. Thank you!

Cellular Sales Response

Apr 17, 2014National Recruiting Team Lead

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We work hard to maintain the flexibility that many of our sales reps love, and you are right to ... More

Sales Representative

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

Great income potential, flexible schedule, minimal micromanagement

Cons

No regrets always treated me right

You could significantly decrease turnover in certain areas by making a change in management.

Worked for Cellular Sales? Contribute to the Community!