Cellular Sales Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

One of the best Company's I have worked t in my life.

Former Employee - Seacoast Account Manager in North Hampton, NH
    Former Employee - Seacoast Account Manager in North Hampton, NH

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

You have total control of your money you make. When I walked in everyday to work it was like a new business I could actually call my own. First off never boring or same old place no, we swapped stores almost everyday! I was able to have my store stocked with mobile phoned and devices to sell and made a great profit at and I didn't even have to buy the stock at like the c razy retail price they cost 100 cell phones Apple and Samsung will say and will through in some low end ones would cost you $70,000 alone foor the phones never mind the rent of the store, the lights, paper, pens copy machines etc. It was all there for me to use and make money and I made a lot. Thank you Cellular Sales for putting all that money in my pocket and still thinking customer satisfaction first. I sold to a lot of Happy customers and they sent me a few new ones in return, which put even more money in my pocket.

Cons

Well like all retail you have to work holidays especially Black Friday. Now I don't mind a Saturday here and there but in the long run you will work a lot of them here. Because that's one of the busiest days so when making money we all have to sacrifice I worked also on July 4th if not the best but my personal favorite holiday. Again even though it was con of mine if you can get over that at this company you will have no cons at all like I did after awhile. "Money talks and people walk."

Advice to Management

At This company everyone from the owner to the General managers even the office girls in the back who work very hard making sure you I's are dotted and t'S are crossed and the guys in the stoke room making sure we have phones and accessories make it obtainable to move up and make money and move up at the same time no one has sonority really we work so well together that we a re all managers we are all upper management we are all in it together to help make everyone grow at this company I moved and it only took me a less than a year. You can too at Cellular Sales One of if not the leader in authorized retailer for Verizion

Excellent

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stuart, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Great pay if you're willing to put in the work. True definition of a retail position.

Cons

Drawbacks and deactivations can have you paying some of your earnings back to the company.

Advice to Management

Keep it all the same, if a worker cannot handle their own out there then that is their problem.

An amazing place to start and continue your professional career.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Naples, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have the ability to work here with little or no experience. The hours are flexible and there is no ceiling to the amount of money you can make. You travel to different store fronts so it keeps it from being too monotonous. My area has an amazing team atmosphere and my fellow coworkers are the greatest to work along side. Central Florida's market has great STLs and upper management who look out for you and care about you not only as an employee, but as a friend. Benefits available and 401k options.

Cons

You must be self-motivated and adaptive to change. There is no micro-management so being lazy gets you nowhere. Verizon changes their promotions often, so be prepared to go with the flow or get left behind! Travel between work can be costly and some markets will not reimburse you for it. Deactivations can hurt so there is risk with your rewards.

Advice to Management

Upper management levels in my personal market exceed expectation. My STL makes an effort to help me improve because I had no prior sales experience. I feel that I am cared about as an employee here.

REMARKABLE

Current Employee - Senior Wireless Consultant in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Wireless Consultant in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cellularsales (SG market) will do everything they can to make you successful. The atmosphere in this market is like a big family. Very rare to find a place to work like that. Its is pretty remarkable.

Cons

Only con is Verizon itself. Cellularsales does an awesome job of getting what we need to be successful, but Verizon is a very greedy company that only worries about its share holders. So as reps we are always fighting Verizon for our customers and for our pay.

Advice to Management

The SG market management is on point right now. Keep up the great work. Hopefully others markets can follow SG's lead and have their sales people act more like friends and family so they work better together.

Insane opportunity

Current Employee - Team Lead in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Highest paid commission in the industry. Flexible working hours. Fun family environment. New friends for life. Lots of training opportunities to advance sales skills. Being 100% commission is a great driving factor to keep you going everyday.

Cons

It's a retail job. You'll have to drive 45 min to further away stores at least a few times a week. Weekends are busy and it only makes sense to work them. Open till 8 at night and nights are sometimes busier.

Advice to Management

They're doing a great job. More of a family than a job.

7. Sales

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

Nice hours but bad location.

Cons

No benefits and room for growth.

Advice to Management

More options

8. Ups and downs

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Flexible hours decent money in the beginning

Cons

No team work needs more training

Advice to Management

Every store needs a manager

Best Place to work hands down!!!

Current Employee - Team Leader in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Unlimited Commission structure, and fun team oriented culture where success is celebrated, leadership has a focus on quality of life for their people!! Doesn't feel like work!!!

Cons

Very unconventional management structure with no micro management so you need a entrepreneurial spirit to keep yourself motivated to push for success!

Advice to Management

Make sure you keep recruiting people that are professional and self motivated those are the people that help make Cellular Sales the BEST company to work for!!

10. Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Bel Air, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Bel Air, MD

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Ability to help people.

Cons

Sexual harassment is seemingly acceptable if you are putting up good numbers. I was inappropriately touched by a member of management, I had to ask three times for him to stop touching my bottom before he respected my wishes. The sexual harassment continued for over a month with him speaking horribly about me. I reported this activity to HR and two things were done: the manager was asked not to speak of me like that again by HR (no acknowledgement about him fondling me) and my job was threatened by local management (I have been an above average employee up to this incident). There have been at least one other reported case that is similar and her job was hanging on by threads also, while the person who said he was going to sexually assault her had a secured position.

Advice to Management

Act like managers, don't just take the title.

11. The only thing that comes to a sleeper is a dream

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Your income potential is truly dependent upon your own efforts. You do indeed have the opportunity to make a lot of money here. Schedule flexibility once you have gotten out of your "new-hire" phase. In general all coworkers are very helpful and your back-office, and upper management support their sales reps.

Cons

Point of sale systems seem to be outdated. The sales process, in my opinion, takes entirely too long. Not for everyone. Don't look for too much hand holding. If you want the type of income that will afford you a new boat...you have to go get it!

Advice to Management

Automate inventory system. Continue to work to maintain competitive with our "competition". A lot of emphasis is placed on service as it should be, however being able to provide a quality product at the price of our competitor is also an important element.

You are fighting a battle based on their price advantage vs. our people/service advantage. The cultural climate is sadly changing to the point that money(price) is valued over service.

RSS Feed </> Embed