Cellular Sales

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism

Dane Scism

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Central Florida Market is one big family..

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat place to work in the Central Florida Market. Beside the proximity to the Gulf beaches, every team you work with is just that - a team. Management is a one-two punch in finding ways for a rep to make more money. They are behind you 100 percent. The new rep paid training program is thorough, lasting about four weeks. You come out with the tools to begin making real money right away.

ConsCould be a few weeks before you see your first real paycheck.

Commission only job in a retail environment

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexibility to work at different times of the day and at different store locations, which is refreshing. Good team atmosphere. Good place to make some money but would not recommend as a career.

ConsYour only real motivation to sale more phones is the "tier system". There are months where you can try your hardest to sell as much as possible, working double shifts and picking up days you had free to meet your quota. If you dont meet your quota you drop from tier 3 to tier 2 (or tier 1) and see your checks drop anywhere from $400-1000.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer more reasonable goals to motivate your salesforce. During my time there it seemed you were more worried about scaring your employees to reach quota than to really motivate them with realistic goals.

Works for me but I understand it is not for everyone

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexible schedule, pay supports my family of 4 comfortably with extras, Leadership who does think about employees

ConsCommission job would be a downside if you don't put more than a minimum effort in or you constantly give up all your shifts. Not all employees are willing to accept the continued training or get stuck in their ways and they can complain...a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep giving us more ways to make more money...please

Cellular Sales Central Florida

Cellular Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Culture that truly breeds success
- Income potential that can exceed $100K+ per year
- Flexibility of schedule
- Continuous support from upper management / Open door policy
- Recognition for achievements

Cons- Some locations do require more than a 45 minute drive

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep being the mentors you are to the employees.

One of the greatest companies to work for

Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat schedule ...Great pay structure ! 100% commission ......

ConsYou do have to Drive some distance depending on the shift...But the pay makes up for it!

An excellent opportunity to learn and grow as a sales professional

Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for less than a year

ProsExtremely flexible work schedule,
No micromanagement,
excellent co-workers
professional atmosphere
never take work home with you
manage opportunities as you see fit
very little "non-selling" work.
Company is in business to make money and will teach you how to do the same if you pay attention

Management is not evil as many of the reviews here would like you to believe. This company is looking to make money and they treat their employees fairly. You aren't going to get rich here but it is an opportunity to hone your sales skills, learn how to make money, build relationships and increase your knowledge.

ConsWireless industry extremely competitive and susceptible to price cutting.
Consumers mostly price driven making it difficult to differentiate and build perceived value.
Not a level playing field. New hires deal with some built-in disadvantages that make it difficult to compete with the more established reps.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to try something new. Keep tweaking the model, explore new avenues to generate revenue and drive sales. Determine customer wants and build services to suit them. Implement educational programs, home networking services, and modernize accessories offered. Incentivize non-traditional approaches to revenue generation that open up new lines of business and markets while reducing Verizon dependence.

A wonderful opportunity for personal, professional, and financial growth!

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros-Continued growth across the country despite a challenging economy
-Partnering with the nation's most reputable wireless carrier-Verizon Wireless
-Feeling sincerely confident in the products and services we offer
-An environment that rewards individual effort while fostering a team oriented culture
-Incredible, uncapped income potential
-Opportunities all over the country
-Opportunity to work with incredible people
-Family owned company that values the importance of its sales people spending time with their families

Cons-Some sales team members do not handle the level of responsibility the position requires well enough
- Unjustified negative opinions of our business model by people that do not genuinely understand the reasoning behind it

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain focus on the thing that has most contributed to our unrelenting success- honest, positive, hard working team members dedicated to helping themselves by helping others!

Fast paced, competitive, and fair.

General Contractor (Cellular Sales) (Former Employee)

I worked at Cellular Sales

ProsNo micro managing, you have set shifts, but you can take on extra shifts, or give yours away as needed for time off, work/life balance etc. but also allowing you to works as much or as little as you need.
Highest paid commissions in the industry isnt just a line, it's absolutely true.
Only 3 steps between you and head position.
Growing and expanding company.
Training is top notch.

Cons100% commission that has a 2 1/2 month ramp up, which means 2 1/2 months with no pay unless you "draw" $ from your upcoming commissions.
Training is only $10/hr, and rarely 40 hrs. a week.
You are responsible for your own commissions and goals, BUT in most cases those you work with for your shift are on a "share" system like tips in a restaurant. Low sales for you means low sales for them.
RIDICULOUSLY competitive.
Motto is to meet needs of customer, company, and Verizon Wireless, and you somewhere i the middle , but is rarely the case.
     Example: Would sell you a phone that met 75% of your needs because there is a higher profit margin on it, rather than a phone that meets 100% of your needs they make less on.
Commissions are adjusted based on inventory #'s, which isnt done consistently by all employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep consistent policy on all employees, secret shop your stores with strangers to employees, make sure inventory is done consistently, or penalized. Make sure stores are clean and neat every shift by every individual. Backrooms need to reflect the storefront.

Worked for Cellular Sales? Contribute to the Community!

Cellular Sales Videos

Cellular Sales – Why Work for Us?

Cellular Sales is the nation's largest premium retailer Verizon Wireless. Mission: To provide an unparalleled customer service experience. Cellular Sales is a 20-year-old privately held company founded and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cellular Sales reviews and ratings in Tampa, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cellular Sales CEO Dane Scism. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Cellular Sales employees.