Cellular Sales

Cellular Sales Reviews in Tampa, FL

3.2

Cellular Sales Founder & CEO Dane Scism
Dane Scism

Pros
  • I have a flexible schedule in a unique position that is both challenging and fun (in 34 reviews)

• Flexible schedule : Good work life balance : Good atmosphere (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission pay structure with employees absorbing 100% of company losses (in 27 reviews)

• Charge backs from customers not keeping service a min of 181 days (in 27 reviews)

More Highlights

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I was contacted by a local recruiter one day after submitting resume.

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Clearwater, FL
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Clearwater, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company is all about giving the employee all the right tools to succeed. I left a job making a minimum $35,000 a year and was kind of nervous giving that up. They expedited my hiring/interviewing and encouraged me to complete my final 2 weeks with my former employer. They allowed me to schedule my new hire training around my former employer schedule. So far I have not met a single person in the market for this company that is not making the money they deserve. Mentors, trainers, and managers want you to succeed and do everything they can to make that happen. If you do what you are supposed to the leaders show appreciation for you.

Cons

The company and specifically the market I am in is going through a cleaning house period so to speak. Unfortunately some of the employees have become complacent and are not making goals and doing the right thing for the company and customers. Some of them have bad attitudes and are not really liking the fact that they are on the way out. I try to stay away from them and not play into the bad mouthing of the company.

Continue to support your employees and give them support and show appreciation. Keep leading by example and providing the leadership motivated employees want.

Management is atrocious

Current Employee - Inventory in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Inventory in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (less than an year)

Pros

very fast paced interesting work

Cons

Head honcho in charge is unprofessional

Treat people on their merits, not if they hang out and drink with you, and stop ripping off the co.

Commission only job in a retail environment

Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility to work at different times of the day and at different store locations, which is refreshing. Good team atmosphere. Good place to make some money but would not recommend as a career.

Cons

Your only real motivation to sale more phones is the "tier system". There are months where you can try your hardest to sell as much as possible, working double shifts and picking up days you had free to meet your quota. If you dont meet your quota you drop from tier 3 to tier 2 (or tier 1) and see your checks drop anywhere from $400-1000.

Offer more reasonable goals to motivate your salesforce. During my time there it seemed you were more worried about scaring your employees to reach quota than to really motivate them with realistic goals.

Central Florida Market is one big family..

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work in the Central Florida Market. Beside the proximity to the Gulf beaches, every team you work with is just that - a team. Management is a one-two punch in finding ways for a rep to make more money. They are behind you 100 percent. The new rep paid training program is thorough, lasting about four weeks. You come out with the tools to begin making real money right away.

Cons

Could be a few weeks before you see your first real paycheck.

Works for me but I understand it is not for everyone

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, pay supports my family of 4 comfortably with extras, Leadership who does think about employees

Cons

Commission job would be a downside if you don't put more than a minimum effort in or you constantly give up all your shifts. Not all employees are willing to accept the continued training or get stuck in their ways and they can complain...a lot.

Keep giving us more ways to make more money...please

Cellular Sales Central Florida

Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- Culture that truly breeds success
    - Income potential that can exceed $100K+ per year
    - Flexibility of schedule
    - Continuous support from upper management / Open door policy
    - Recognition for achievements

Cons

- Some locations do require more than a 45 minute drive

Keep being the mentors you are to the employees.

One of the greatest companies to work for

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great schedule ...Great pay structure ! 100% commission ......

Cons

You do have to Drive some distance depending on the shift...But the pay makes up for it!

An excellent opportunity to learn and grow as a sales professional

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Extremely flexible work schedule,
    No micromanagement,
    excellent co-workers
    professional atmosphere
    never take work home with you
    manage opportunities as you see fit
    very little "non-selling" work.
    Company is in business to make money and will teach you how to do the same if you pay attention

Management is not evil as many of the reviews here would like you to believe. This company is looking to make money and they treat their employees fairly. You aren't going to get rich here but it is an opportunity to hone your sales skills, learn how to make money, build relationships and increase your knowledge.

Cons

Wireless industry extremely competitive and susceptible to price cutting.
    Consumers mostly price driven making it difficult to differentiate and build perceived value.
    Not a level playing field. New hires deal with some built-in disadvantages that make it difficult to compete with the more established reps.

Don't be afraid to try something new. Keep tweaking the model, explore new avenues to generate revenue and drive sales. Determine customer wants and build services to suit them. Implement educational programs, home networking services, and modernize accessories offered. Incentivize non-traditional approaches to revenue generation that open up new lines of business and markets while reducing Verizon dependence.

A wonderful opportunity for personal, professional, and financial growth!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

-Continued growth across the country despite a challenging economy
    -Partnering with the nation's most reputable wireless carrier-Verizon Wireless
    -Feeling sincerely confident in the products and services we offer
    -An environment that rewards individual effort while fostering a team oriented culture
    -Incredible, uncapped income potential
    -Opportunities all over the country
    -Opportunity to work with incredible people
    -Family owned company that values the importance of its sales people spending time with their families

Cons

-Some sales team members do not handle the level of responsibility the position requires well enough
    - Unjustified negative opinions of our business model by people that do not genuinely understand the reasoning behind it

Maintain focus on the thing that has most contributed to our unrelenting success- honest, positive, hard working team members dedicated to helping themselves by helping others!

Fast paced, competitive, and fair.

Former Employee - General Contractor (Cellular Sales) in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - General Contractor (Cellular Sales) in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

No micro managing, you have set shifts, but you can take on extra shifts, or give yours away as needed for time off, work/life balance etc. but also allowing you to works as much or as little as you need.
    Highest paid commissions in the industry isnt just a line, it's absolutely true.
    Only 3 steps between you and head position.
    Growing and expanding company.
    Training is top notch.

Cons

100% commission that has a 2 1/2 month ramp up, which means 2 1/2 months with no pay unless you "draw" $ from your upcoming commissions.
    Training is only $10/hr, and rarely 40 hrs. a week.
    You are responsible for your own commissions and goals, BUT in most cases those you work with for your shift are on a "share" system like tips in a restaurant. Low sales for you means low sales for them.
    RIDICULOUSLY competitive.
    Motto is to meet needs of customer, company, and Verizon Wireless, and you somewhere i the middle , but is rarely the case.
         Example: Would sell you a phone that met 75% of your needs because there is a higher profit margin on it, rather than a phone that meets 100% of your needs they make less on.
    Commissions are adjusted based on inventory #'s, which isnt done consistently by all employees.

Keep consistent policy on all employees, secret shop your stores with strangers to employees, make sure inventory is done consistently, or penalized. Make sure stores are clean and neat every shift by every individual. Backrooms need to reflect the storefront.