Cellular Specialties

R. Bruce Wilson

Cellular Specialties, Inc. Manchester, NH

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Cellular Specialties full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Committed managment leads by example. CSI is well-respected by our customers because of it's commitment to customer service and to it's employees. In my 3,160 days as an employee, I have consistently been encouraged to be creative, proactive and focused on the customer.

Cons

None. I have worked in many industries and these guys "get it." Yes, it's a business and no, we don't get to profit from the success of the company as much as the owners, it's not a ! Work hard, think, get proactive and care about your peers and you will be happy here. If you are a complainer that thinks something for nothing happens after you leave your parents, go to work somewhere else!

Keep up the good work. Attract bright, creative minds to help CSI continue to lead the marketplace.

They make a lot of promises, seldom live up to it.

Current Employee - Engineering in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Engineering in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Cellular Specialties full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, great people! This company has a solid niche in the wireless industry and is considered a leader. Customer base is diverse.

Cons

Senior management continuously makes promises of 'taking care of the people', but rarely follows through. Numerous promises are made about bonuses or other compensation, but often the revenue goes to the upper staff or to a 'chosen few'. Although the company is continuously growing, they have systematically eliminated events such as the annual Christmas Party and team building exercises. In the eleven years I have been here, I can not count the number of broken promises.

Get rid of the dead weight in upper management and do what you say you are going to do, or at least communicate reasons why you can't do what you said.

Worst company to work for so far.

Former Employee - Java Developer in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Manchester, NH

I worked at Cellular Specialties as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Advanced hardware wireless device technology.

Cons

The boss is an extreme dictator type no own idea is allowed.

Great company I have worked for, such as NCR Corp produces great results than individuals. CSI needs to learn from NCR, for sure.