Cellular World

Cellular World Reviews

Updated Mar 22, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fast pased unlimited income potential

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Alvin, TX

I have been working at Cellular World full-time for less than a year

ProsVery high commission rates on everything you sale including product, rate plans, TV & Internet. Work as an AT&T agent without the red tape. Interact with numerous people on a daily basis. Accessories at cost to employees and great benefits package for individual.

Cons3 month wait on non product commission, low hourly pay (but commission makes up for it most of the time) No discounts on phones for employees. Employee rate plan is a joke. Limited thrown in the deep end training.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm actually very happy with this position. Lackluster employees are dealt with efficiently and management works with you one on one.

District Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cellular World

ProsYou can good money on commission or bonus structure. You can't afford much of a personal life unless your related to upper management

ConsIssues with employees over 35. I was told to let 3 employees go because they did not fit the company niche. The only issue the had was not 20 something.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting and keep the mediocre employees who are related to upper management they are bringing you down

Good part-time job as long as you can separate work from life.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Springfield, MO

I worked at Cellular World

ProsCommission-based structure warrants good part-time pay.

ConsWould reduce hours to prevent full-time benefits for potential full-time employees. Minimum wage. Poor resources and computer system. Complete bureaucracy. Upper management has no regard for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCultivate rather than abdicate. Recognize and reward rather than attack and ignore. Prepare predecessors. Stop saving face. Hold yourselves accountable.

Not a career oriented company. Poor pay

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible Schedule
Benefits weren't so bad. But NO free service or ATT discounts BECAUSE YOU DONT REALLY WORK FOR ATT!!!

ConsTop heavy compensation plan for store managers (smaller stores make nothing, busy stores make great money)
No career possibilities.
Store problems come out of YOUR POCKET (Air conditioner, leaks, air filters, new computers!)
No Organization whatsoever.
No recognition for your hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-consider your comp plan for managers! You are losing great workers who are quitting because they aren't making enough to support a family! They work hard for you and put more and more money in YOUR pocket but they are suffering. The top-heavy comp plans gives sour tastes in the mouths of the smaller slower stores. People who work hard in those small stores are NEVER rewarded. A framed award on the wall DOES NOT PAY BILLS

Good entry level position

I have been working at Cellular World

ProsCasual environment and schedule at the corporate office. Good benefits.
Debt free company.

ConsLimited room for advancement. Office is old.

Employees are not encourage to grow which is made evident in the management style.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cellular World

ProsCommission sales can be lucrative.

ConsNo upward mobility. You are either a sales representative or a Store manager that is micromanaged. They offer very little training or personal growth opportunities for employees.

Worked for Cellular World? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cellular World reviews and ratings. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Cellular World employees.