Cendyn Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
Updated September 12, 2014
3.4

Charles Deyo

Great Place to Work and Grow!

I have been working at Cendyn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are great and always willing to help. Everyone is truly dedicated to their field and gets on with the job. Management is flexible and allows the freedom to work without micro management. A great family atmosphere! Ongoing training and idea sharing is encouraged.

Cons

Sometimes work loads and schedule can be hectic but that makes it fun at the end of the day.

Love that you give so much back to the community - keep it up!

Beware of the glass ceiling.

Current Employee - Web Production
    Current Employee - Web Production

I have been working at Cendyn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, especially working within a team and where everyone has a specialty that encourages better working relationships and meeting the objectives of the work. A good place to give you a fresh start on a career.

Cons

Micromanagement is used tremendously. Document everything you do and keep a third eye open. Directions and instructions are vague, and its up to you on figuring out best solutions within a small time frame (again, document everything you do). The benefits are not pleasing, no sick time and 401K doesn't match well.

Had a meeting once with a manager who told me "At the end of day, we have to make money", and my response was "Well, at the end of the day, we also need products that work well, and make money".

My advice, is to be more involved.

A good first job in the field

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

The company is a good start if you are looking to get your feet wet.

Cons

The company's wages are not competitive in the field they are in, yet they expect employees to put their lives aside and grovel at their bidding. They will throw you in the deep end with the minimal of training, and their technology is, quite frankly, not up to date. The culture at the top is snobby and cliquey, with disorganized people protecting their "turf" as gold. I have heard the Google of Boca being thrown around as a catchphrase, but having a building and nice furniture is only a thin veneer, not a true culture. Every minute of your day needs to be accounted for and micromanaged.

Give employees more flexibility, better pay and treat them with respect. Tell the departments to play nicer, interdepartmental disagreements are to be expected, but progress has been and will continued to be stunted if more organization and communication are not prioritized

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting times at an exciting company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cendyn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A wonderful diverse and dynamic team that works together well. The new offices have taken intra team collaboration to a high level and it's great to see everyone have pride in their work space and their positions within the company. Love the fact that there are often company breakfasts and lunches provided - and add to this the various company events every year means there's a real "team" mentality.

Cons

More encouragement ref higher learning and sharing updates on new releases could be useful

Keep hiring dynamic and passionate team players!

Micro-managers galore!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

Free food. There are some really nice people that work here. Yearly company events like family picnics and holiday party.

Cons

Micro-management is encouraged from the top. You must be able to bill to a client every 15 minutes of work that you do every day, from when you punch in to when you punch out. They play favorites and only promote those that belong to the "click". Not 1 payed sick day. No real training when you join the company.

Proud to be a part of this upward bound company.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cendyn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I like being part of a organization that has grown from a savvy small firm to a large well-respected company in the hospitality industry. They promote from within, treat their staff fairly, host food & beverage events that foster good relations internally all the while providing innovative products and services to the customers that keep them wanting more. Covering my basic healthcare is also important to me as well as offering add-on coverages I can opt into. Membership at the YMCA is a plus.

Cons

I am excited about our upcoming move to new HQ. Having the team in an office setting where everyone has a similar decor, amenities, etc...will be much better. I also understand the new building's restaurant will be much better. Wish it was easier to ride/store my bike at work. Would like to see more elective employee training or wellness sessions such as financial planning, social media or time-management for example.

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep saying thank you to the team. Keep believing that great people make great companies.

Great company, great people

I have been working at Cendyn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very innovative company at the leading edge of technology and digital marketing in the hospitality space. Tons of opportunity for growth and career advancement. My own career and job skills/knowledge have advance significantly during my time here. And I have had the opportunity to work with many of the leading hotel and resort brands in world.

Cons

Cendyn has been growing rapidly over the past few years which can seem chaotic and a challenge to manage. But they are making the right moves and positioning themselves for continued growth.

Keep hiring A players!

Okay For Short-Term

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

Free breakfast, free lunch almost daily, some sweet people work there, pretty decent benefits, good location.

Cons

Unorganized work flow, no 401K matching, no real sense of leadership.

Very disappointing company

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Cendyn full-time

Pros

The people you work with are, for the most part, fantastic. The new building will be a good upgrade, and hopefully the technology will be upgraded as well.

Cons

The upper management is disengaged. Information is like bitcoins; expensive and only getting more so. They have a tendency to play favorites and only promote those who fit their idea of who upper management should be/ should look like. It's clearly a weighted game. It doesn't help that the salaries are awful. They don't train people when they join the company; it often feels like people are set up to fail.

Stop hiring family and friends. Stop treating information like gold - it's meant to be shared.

Better opportunities exist elsewhere

Current Employee - Manager  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cendyn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free cold cereal for breakfast and lunch a couple of times a week. In the work environment, there is not much micromanagement and some flexibility in work hours

Cons

In the work environment, product teams do not collaborate or communicate so most products do not work together. The benefits are not competitive such as no 401k matching, only 6 paid holidays, few vacation days and no bonus plan.

Stop hiring your own and other employee family members

Worked for Cendyn? Contribute to the Community!