Cendyn

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Charles Deyo

Exciting times at an exciting company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsA wonderful diverse and dynamic team that works together well. The new offices have taken intra team collaboration to a high level and it's great to see everyone have pride in their work space and their positions within the company. Love the fact that there are often company breakfasts and lunches provided - and add to this the various company events every year means there's a real "team" mentality.

ConsMore encouragement ref higher learning and sharing updates on new releases could be useful

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring dynamic and passionate team players!

Micro-managers galore!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsFree food. There are some really nice people that work here. Yearly company events like family picnics and holiday party.

ConsMicro-management is encouraged from the top. You must be able to bill to a client every 15 minutes of work that you do every day, from when you punch in to when you punch out. They play favorites and only promote those that belong to the "click". Not 1 payed sick day. No real training when you join the company.

Proud to be a part of this upward bound company.

Manager (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsI like being part of a organization that has grown from a savvy small firm to a large well-respected company in the hospitality industry. They promote from within, treat their staff fairly, host food & beverage events that foster good relations internally all the while providing innovative products and services to the customers that keep them wanting more. Covering my basic healthcare is also important to me as well as offering add-on coverages I can opt into. Membership at the YMCA is a plus.

ConsI am excited about our upcoming move to new HQ. Having the team in an office setting where everyone has a similar decor, amenities, etc...will be much better. I also understand the new building's restaurant will be much better. Wish it was easier to ride/store my bike at work. Would like to see more elective employee training or wellness sessions such as financial planning, social media or time-management for example.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Keep saying thank you to the team. Keep believing that great people make great companies.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, great people

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsVery innovative company at the leading edge of technology and digital marketing in the hospitality space. Tons of opportunity for growth and career advancement. My own career and job skills/knowledge have advance significantly during my time here. And I have had the opportunity to work with many of the leading hotel and resort brands in world.

ConsCendyn has been growing rapidly over the past few years which can seem chaotic and a challenge to manage. But they are making the right moves and positioning themselves for continued growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring A players!

Okay For Short-Term

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsFree breakfast, free lunch almost daily, some sweet people work there, pretty decent benefits, good location.

ConsUnorganized work flow, no 401K matching, no real sense of leadership.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Very disappointing company

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe people you work with are, for the most part, fantastic. The new building will be a good upgrade, and hopefully the technology will be upgraded as well.

ConsThe upper management is disengaged. Information is like bitcoins; expensive and only getting more so. They have a tendency to play favorites and only promote those who fit their idea of who upper management should be/ should look like. It's clearly a weighted game. It doesn't help that the salaries are awful. They don't train people when they join the company; it often feels like people are set up to fail.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring family and friends. Stop treating information like gold - it's meant to be shared.

Better opportunities exist elsewhere

Manager (Current Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsFree cold cereal for breakfast and lunch a couple of times a week. In the work environment, there is not much micromanagement and some flexibility in work hours

ConsIn the work environment, product teams do not collaborate or communicate so most products do not work together. The benefits are not competitive such as no 401k matching, only 6 paid holidays, few vacation days and no bonus plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring your own and other employee family members

A great place to work!

Solutions Manager (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

ProsBrainstorming with team. Opportunity to grow and advance.

ConsDeadlines. Overtime. Deadlines. Overtime. Datacenter.

Exceptional Team with A Bright Future

ProsCendyn has an amazing digital marketing department - everyone is happy to help one another, even across different teams. The company is very family oriented and has a lot of great perks (free food is always nice). Work time is very flexible, as long as you work at least 8 hours you are able to work around home schedules. Leadership is very good and pushes all team members to improve, not only for the company but for our own growth. Cendyn is growing and will continue to grow rapidly in the near future.

ConsThere can be too much time spent on client calls, which can take up a large chunk of your day.

Worked for Cendyn? Contribute to the Community!