Cendyn Reviews

3.6
Charles Deyo

1. Good company, but used to be better

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cendyn recently split into 3 different companies so they are growing. They bought a new building in 2014 and the offices are nice. It is a good place to learn and gain agency experience. Free bagels/donuts on Fridays and soup/salad on Wednesdays. There is a restaurant on the first floor which is convenient at times. A lot of great coworkers.

Cons

Company culture is fading. They used to hold company-wide family picnics, team building events, off-site holiday parties, etc but do not anymore. Health insurance used to be free but is not anymore and there is no known HR department. They mainly hire interns, even to replace full-time employee turnover. Vacation/sick days don't accrue until a year after your hire date. Some upper management can be condescending/sarcastic and enjoy inciting fear. There is no clear path to promotions and many often have to take on more responsibility/new roles but don't receive compensation while others are handed promotions for no apparent reasons. No 401K matching. Emails are sent out to "dress up and clean your desks" whenever a client visits the office although they are given a 2 minute tour and I don't think it is necessary to play dress-up when you see other successful tech companies like Google and Facebook where employees are encouraged to wear jeans and a t-shirt daily without being judged.

Advice to Management

Revive "The Power of We" and focus more on the employees with better compensation, incentives and benefits.

I learned a lot

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Wonderful people to work with, I'm still friends with my old co-workers
    - Free healthcare (at the time, this may have changed)
    - Lots of work, but stress free management. I never felt I was being micromanaged at all.

Cons

- Communication between different departments poor and often unorganized.
    - Pay was not that great - I'd say 30% lower than industry average.
    - As the company grew, there was less camaraderie between the coworkers.

3. Overall wonderful learning experience

I worked at Cendyn

Pros

Depending on which department (or "company" you're in), the people absolutely make the job!! It's a big company: always busy, always moving, lots of fun, lots of personalities & almost always challenging. Overall great environment to be in.

And 100% health insurance.

Cons

Pay!! The pay is incredibly low, & there's definitely a glass ceiling career-wise. The direction that the company seems to be going in is a little worrisome... (Turning a little into the horrors of Zimmerman kind of). Took away a lot of the major perks of the co, like lunches, company-wide events, etc.

Advice to Management

Train your higher management. Usually incredibly inappropriate, and picks favorites. Take value in the "little guys" bc they're still the ones that are actually speaking to your clients on a regular basis.

5. Some great people to work with in a fast paced environment.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a contractor working in specific projects. I appreciated the very flexible work hours and the camaraderie in the department I worked in.

Cons

They've cut back on the free lunches and breakfasts from what they used to offer. Nothing else comes to mind.

6. Good People... but make sure you get a good offer ($$) beforehand

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Company to work for and get your career started, you'll get to "touch" a lot which translates in hand-on experience

Cons

Low salaries. Internal processes are broken which leads to total chaos when there's a major problem, some of the management won't listen to good advises and non-manager employees who bring a lot to the table won't get credit for most of it, so it can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Consider better promotions. Better balance the workload for employees per departments. Appreciate more the talent and hours given by employees in the form of better salaries/bonus/pto/benefits

7. Great People, but Not a Great Company

I worked at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who work at Cendyn are great! Company is growing. Flexible with personal issues during working hours (i.e. Dr. appointments, working from home when needed). Company is involved in the community and helps with local charities.

Cons

Benefits are poor - Only 1 sick day per year, no vacation at all for the first year, & no 401K matching. They expect a lot of their employees, but don't compensate well or give you the resources to do your job effectively. The products are not easy to work with. Top Leadership isn't connected with what is actually going on in the company.

Advice to Management

Figure out and institute processes that work.

8. Full of Opportunity

Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is fast growing, full of opportunity and upward mobility

Cons

very few and minor in the scope of the upward opportunity

Advice to Management

Keep going!

9. Great Place to Work and Grow!

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great and always willing to help. Everyone is truly dedicated to their field and gets on with the job. Management is flexible and allows the freedom to work without micro management. A great family atmosphere! Ongoing training and idea sharing is encouraged.

Cons

Sometimes work loads and schedule can be hectic but that makes it fun at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Love that you give so much back to the community - keep it up!

10. Beware of the glass ceiling.

Current Employee - Web Production
    Current Employee - Web Production

I have been working at Cendyn full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, especially working within a team and where everyone has a specialty that encourages better working relationships and meeting the objectives of the work. A good place to give you a fresh start on a career.

Cons

Micromanagement is used tremendously. Document everything you do and keep a third eye open. Directions and instructions are vague, and its up to you on figuring out best solutions within a small time frame (again, document everything you do). The benefits are not pleasing, no sick time and 401K doesn't match well.

Advice to Management

Had a meeting once with a manager who told me "At the end of day, we have to make money", and my response was "Well, at the end of the day, we also need products that work well, and make money".

My advice, is to be more involved.

11. A good first job in the field

I worked at Cendyn full-time

Pros

The company is a good start if you are looking to get your feet wet.

Cons

The company's wages are not competitive in the field they are in, yet they expect employees to put their lives aside and grovel at their bidding. They will throw you in the deep end with the minimal of training, and their technology is, quite frankly, not up to date. The culture at the top is snobby and cliquey, with disorganized people protecting their "turf" as gold. I have heard the Google of Boca being thrown around as a catchphrase, but having a building and nice furniture is only a thin veneer, not a true culture. Every minute of your day needs to be accounted for and micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Give employees more flexibility, better pay and treat them with respect. Tell the departments to play nicer, interdepartmental disagreements are to be expected, but progress has been and will continued to be stunted if more organization and communication are not prioritized

Cendyn Photos