CenseoHealth Reviews

Updated March 6, 2015
32 reviews filtered by
2.9
Bales W. Nelson

1. Good pay. Horrible for males.

Former Employee - Schedling Coordinator
    Former Employee - Schedling Coordinator

I worked at CenseoHealth full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay. That's basically it. Oh and the whole mon-fri. Deal.

Cons

This job is extremely sexist. If you're a male, and in scheduling, you're NOT moving up in the scheduling department. Lets put it this way: the management is 100 % female, and to further describe it, there are 3 female restrooms and only 1 male. If that puts it in perspective for you.

Be diverse, get rid of the tier system, it only contributes to favortism.

2. Close Client Physician Interaction

I have been working at CenseoHealth

Pros

Get to meet and diagnose medical conditions and provide general helpful information to Clients. Interaction with clients is generally very satisfying.

Cons

Company does not provide licensing services for its physician providers; limits the areas that clinician evaluators can cover. Gas should also be picked up by the Company.

3. Application process

I have been working at CenseoHealth

Pros

Everything is computer based and automated for efficiency. This includes training, testing as well as data entry. This is promising.

Cons

Not enough human contact to rectify minor problems. You typically have to wait for the end of the day to have a specific question answered.

There should be time allocated to the management of providers.

5. Happy Doc!

Current Employee - Physician Evaluator in Port St Lucie, FL
    Current Employee - Physician Evaluator in Port St Lucie, FL

I have been working at CenseoHealth

Pros

I have been working as an independent contractor for Censeo Health since August 2014. I am very happy with all of the representatives with whom I deal. They have all been professional, gracious, and helpful. They schedule my appointments as best they can and seldom have to travel more than 20 minutes between appointments. They accommodate me and are attentive to my needs. I enjoy traveling out of state and, since I don't have kids or a family back home, I can spend weeks to months working for Censeo. I do have a private practice back in my home state, but my N.P. is able to work independently without me. I make money on the road and make money back home even when I'm not at home or at work. This is a blessing for me. I treat the Censeo work as a "student loan repayment plan". At this rate, I will pay off my medical school loans within 2 years. What a relief!

Cons

This is a great position for someone who is flexible. I don't mind driving from appointment to appointment and I leave notes for the member in the event that the member is not home for whatever reason. It happens from time-to-time that the member doesn't answer the telephone when I call to alert him that I am on my way and then the member isn't home when I arrive, but half of the time, the member receives my note and I just come back later in the day.

Great job in Texas! Thank you

One of the worst companies to work for!!!!

Current Contractor - Provider in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Contractor - Provider in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at CenseoHealth as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Nothing pro.
    Only idiot physicians like me would sign up. I signed up for a change of scenery and I sure got one.

Cons

Like the rest of medicine the greed of physicians have landed them in deep doo-doo. Now we are indentured labor. Our lot is worse than the undocumented immigrant worker. It serves us right.
    CenseoHealth embodies all that is disgusting about the treatment of physicians.
    When Physicians sign up do they ever ask
    1. Why am I paying for gas to travel from house to house on a schedule created by some numb-skull in (doing a call in one town then driving 5-6 miles to another town only to return to the previous town for the next visit) TX? They even deduct prepaid fuel from your pay-check.
    2. Why is the rental car I am driving not ensured by Censeo?
    3.Why is there no personal accident insurance covering you in case you are injured on the job.
        a. animal attacks, pets and even rodents in some houses.
        b. pests like scabies, body lice, fleas, cockroaches etc.
        c. foul, dirty environment - filthy houses leading to clothes being infested or foul smelling by the end of the day.
        d. Derelict & dilapidated houses.
        e. Treacherous roads especially in Winter. significant# of visits are in isolated, rural areas far from any help or assistance
        f. Dangerous, aggressive clients
        g. Incorrect or non-existent address a visit for which the physician will bear the cost. This must be compensated for by Censeo.
        h. physicians having to provide their own instruments. Have you ever wondered what the cost of an ophthalmoscope, a decent stethoscope & portable BP apparatus is? just in case you lost it during a visit?
        i.Buy their own GPS which Censeo could easily provide through the car rental company and should provide or have navigation installed on their IPad. stylus for the IPad.
        j. have to deal with trumped hi-school grads who dictate to the physicians how to do their job.
    You can't even get UPS/FedEx or the USPS to tell you precisely when they will make a call but Censeo expects you to deal with sick, disabled, deaf & blind clients and make it to the next visit 20 miles away.

Treat physicians whose hard and even dangerous work provide you and the rest of the secretarial clowns at Censeo a livelihood.
    Fire the recruiter, tech person or secretary who disrespects the one's who provide them their bread & butter.
    Compensate physicians with decent compensation and protect them in their work environment.
    Physicians clarify all the points I have made above before ever signing-up with this horrible company.
    Physicians let us form our own cooperative and cut out these disgusting middlemen. I am sure we can do a far better job.

Horrible and shady company. The bad physician reviews are 100% accurate.

Former Contractor - Physician in Eugene, OR
    Former Contractor - Physician in Eugene, OR

I worked at CenseoHealth as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

You can avoid the hostility and politics of dealing with a hospital system and for the most part you can choose your own schedule.

Cons

Disorganized. Treat physicians like crap. The schedule is all over the place. They lie to you about the number of patients you will see to get you to do the work. I was told that I would make $900 a day plus $55 for gas. In reality they often couldn't get five patients on my schedule much less nine. There were days when I would have five on the schedule and four would cancel and then other days there were only one or two on the schedule. If you as a physician are okay with making $100- $200 a day on a bad day and on a good day $500-$600 then this may be the job for you. The only way you'll make good money doing this is if you do this full-time and trust me this is a taxing job to drive around all day dealing with people who would rather not be bothered with no time to stop to grab a quick bite to eat or use the restroom. The schedulers lie to the patients telling them the evaluation is mandatory when it is really optional. Many patients told me they didn't want to do it but did so because they were told they would lose their insurance. After a negative experience with Censeo Health staff, patients would tell me that they appreciated my honesty, professionalism and down-to-earth personality. The other issue I had was that you often don't know how many people you have on your schedule for the next day because until you sync the patients from the day prior the next days' patients are not visible for you to see. They ALWAYS send you to rural communities. My most terrifying experience was to be sent up into the mountains in rainy rural Oregon with no cell phone coverage, no paved roads and no guard rails which made it easy for you to slide off a cliff. Even the patients told me it was dangerous for those unfamiliar with the area, especially after dark and to be careful. When I spoke to my recruiter it was obvious he couldn't care less. If you're willing to risk your life to make a few bucks then this is also the job for you. For me it was not worth it at all. I have a family and other means for income so I told them I was sending their iPad back to them. I'm sure they couldn't care less since we are just a means to an end. They'll just simply be on to the next physician victim.

There is a reason you have high physician turnover. If management and their rude recruiters do not start to learn that in order to have a successful business they need physicians to do the work for them they will soon go out of business. If the recruiters who get paid on commission don't understand that having physicians work for this company is how they earn their income then I would not be surprised before too long if said recruiters find that they are having a difficult time making a reasonable living. Physicians are tired and fed up with being "worker bees" for corporate systems that treat us less than human and we certainly will not work for any that refuse to pay us a reasonable fee for our level of skill and for the comprehensive work that is expected of us.

8. it has been good

I have been working at CenseoHealth

Pros

does good work in the field

Cons

sometimes communication was not ideal

doing a fine job

Treats physicians like garbage

Former Employee - Physician
    Former Employee - Physician

I worked at CenseoHealth

Pros

good idea,but a bad team leading the approach.

Cons

this company doesn't realize that it's built on physicians. Physician recruiters, logistics, and supervisors made critical mistakes; rather than rectifying mistakes they sweep things under the rug. I left out of distaste.

Physicians, stay away

Current Contractor - Physician
    Current Contractor - Physician

I have been working at CenseoHealth as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Super fast recruiting and acreditation. Why? because there is so much turn around of physicians that they need to keep up to cover the holes. Nobody could work for this company for more than a month.

Cons

Unfortunately, I cannot go over their operations, details of the job or salary due to limitations in the contract, but what I can say is that all the bad reviews about this company are completely accurate and 100% real. Please read all the 1 star reviews and you will have the perfect idea of the real job.
    Please prepare yourself to be treated like garbage. You will ask yourself several times, why do I need to be doing this after all the effort that took to become a doctor.
    If we as physicians stop working for corporations like this, who take the advantage of holes in the system, they would be forced to close the doors.

be cautious

Current Contractor - Medicare Wellness Physicals in Madison, WI
    Current Contractor - Medicare Wellness Physicals in Madison, WI

I have been working at CenseoHealth as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

You can choose what days you work a month in advance. They provide a rental car and a tablet. You also have $50/ day for gas/ meals. They prefer you to stay in a hotel which they pay for and then you see all the members in that area over a few days.

Cons

You spend a lot of unreimbursed time in the car. I have attempted to remedy this by specifying a specific driving time from my home to clients homes. That wasn't successful. I then specified that I would see all members in certain counties. On average, you will spend 1 hour in the car on both ends of your day driving back to your hotel/ home. You as a provider are unable to schedule patients. (For instance, you get your list of members the night before so you can see on a map the distance between homes. If you try to reschedule the members closer together, you get a reprimand. Also prepare for a cluster of members first thing in the morning and a few late in the day. Also, there is no way they can fill in your cancelled appointment gaps that occur on the same day.) Bottom line, you really aren't paid as much as advertised because they can't guarantee your day to be filled.