Centegra Health System Reviews

56 reviews filtered by
2.2
Centegra Health System President, CEO, and Director Michael S. Eesley
Michael S. Eesley

Pros
  • The salary and benefits are good, as are the employees (in 3 reviews)

• Work/life balance is a huge priority because they know that happy employees lead to happy patients and customers (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management doesnt really care about the lower positions (in 6 reviews)

• Centegra s managers are making poor decisions for patient care (in 4 reviews)

1. Poor nurse to patient ratio.

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Centegra Health System

Pros

Great co-workers, teamwork, good nurses', opportunity for growth, and continued education.

Cons

poor staffing, high acuity with poor support, poor management-looks more at numbers than the acuity, not enough equipment

Improve staffing and get equipment needed

2. My experience within this company has been a wonderful and knowledge filled stepping stone in my career path.

I have been working at Centegra Health System

Pros

The benefits are fairly generous and my experience gained was good.

Cons

The pay, hours, and employee treatment

More employee and patient oriented. Less budget focused

3. Stuffy Preoccupied Nursing Environment

I worked at Centegra Health System

Pros

To gain experience for future employers

Cons

Nurses who seem to hate their jobs

5. Good for a paycheck not a career

Current Employee - Administration in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Administration in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Centegra Health System part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Centegra has a number of welcoming staff members that are willing to help you learn. Because it is a local hospital it has the benefits of being community oriented.

Cons

There is very little room to grow. They "encourage" you to challenge yourself but actually support any of your decisions. Also they're very sexist and they pay their women less than men. It is not by chance that 90% of their lower employees are women but all the higher - ups are men. While it may not be true for all departments, my department was 100% gossip hungry.

Listen to your employees. When they come to you with concerns or ideas, actually listening would go a long way.

Worked here a very long time and this place is going down down.....losing personal touch with employees

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Centegra Health System (more than 10 years)

Pros

Competitive salary with surrounding hospitals

Cons

Almost everyone I talk to states they do not feel secure in their job. They feel like if they make one wrong move, they will be written up or fired. The system seems to reward the people that are "Yes" employees and that take on all kinds of extra tasks etc.., but forget to look at the most important thing...pt. care. There are nurses who are fantastic at the bedside, but are not on committees etc..and they are looked down upon because of this. There could be another nurse who is extremely involved, but is not a good nurse at the bedside and this company rewards the nurse who is on committees etc.. does not make sense at all. The system expects you to come in sick and work around compromised patients. If you do not come in, you have to "make up" the day by working another shift or get 'written up" after very few call ins. It seems like every time you turn around they are saying "if you don't do this...you will be written up." We are professional adults and it seems very demeaning and unprofessional the way we are treated like children. It is sad that we do not get any holiday bonus. Also, there is a holiday party that we must PAY FOR and it is geared mostly towards children (face painting, balloons, Santa, little children games, etc..). If you do not have any kids this is not a very nice Christmas party. They use to have a nice dinner and dance for the holiday, but took that away. We use to get a turkey and grocery store gift card, but took that away. The new computer system they chose is not user friendly at all. Mistakes will be made and things will be missed. The staff and physicians are not happy at all with the system. The MD's who go to other hospitals, say the other systems are SO much better. They should have taken some $$ from the top and gone with a better system.

Look on Glassdoor for the reviews yourself. If you read Centegra ..36% approve of the CEO and 28% recommend this company to a friend. Now, look at Google on Glassdoor and you will see 96% approve of the CEO and 93% would refer to a friend. You should be taking a good look at employee satisfaction or this health system will be going down. The CEO of Centegra makes 8 times the salary of most very well thought of large health systems of the suburbs of Chicago. This is not right. Why is this allowed for him to make so much money! Have a heart and give back to the people who run this system...the hard working employees.

7. Patient Access Woodstock Hospital

I worked at Centegra Health System

Pros

Tuition reimbursement, decent salary, very good training program. Health insurance is okay but could be better since this is a hospital.

Cons

Upper management are bullies and write you up without asking you what happened first. One sided and are quick to discipline. Don't take Medical leave or have a illness which requires you to use your benefits because you may find yourself on the path to discipline and eventually termination.

You are not God!!!! If you treat your own employees like crap, what message do you think you are sending to the public??????

8. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Administrative in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Centegra Health System (less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work. Managers and supervisors are very communicative, helpful and work with the employees. Growing organization. Great place to work

Cons

None that I can see

Keep up what you are doing,

9. Not a top hospital.

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in McHenry, IL
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in McHenry, IL

I worked at Centegra Health System part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some people were friendly and I enjoyed the community. Pay was ok for the job.

Cons

Bad management, poor quality of care for the patients and dirty. If I was seriously ill I would take the risk to avoid this hospital.

Get your head out of your butts.

10. Not a great place to work

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Woodstock, IL
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Woodstock, IL

I have been working at Centegra Health System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fellow nurses are great to work with.

Cons

Nurses are not respected or valued by management.

Listen to your staff. Live the values you preach.

11. Happy to be a Centegra Associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McHenry, IL

I have been working at Centegra Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Centegra's Associates, Physicians and other providers are very committed to providing the best care to community members close to their homes. They invest in advanced technology and Associate education so we can give our best to our friends and neighbors.

Cons

It's a tough time to work in health care. Centegra has carefully planned to meet the needs of the community while adjusting to changed reimbursements. The new rules are making us all better, but there is a lot of change in the industry right now.

Continue to lead with transparency and with confidence. Stick to your values and continue to expect the best from every Associate.