Centennial Bank

Add Photos

Ron Robertson

Great company

Internal Audit (Current Employee) Conway, AR

Prosgreat company to work for

ConsHad no problems at all

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Stiff and rigid

Teller (Former Employee) Springdale, AR

Prosflexible schedules considering how late the branches are open.

ConsThe higher the management, the less personable the person. Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up a bit, and enjoy life.

It is very good and educational.

Teller (Current Employee) Conway, AR

ProsFriendly environment, excellent training program, good pay, understanding management, fun place to work

ConsNot much room for promotion, customers can be very rude at times

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with Centennial has been educational and has provided significant social advancement within the community.

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) Little Rock, AR

ProsWonderful people, emphasis on excellent customer support and customer relationships, genuine support by Senior Management on decisions made by lower level management.

ConsI don't feel that I am fairly compensated based on my abilities, experience and job title, which is why I am researching average salaries on Glassdoor.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider overriding the generic (and small) annual raises for those employees who truly deserve more than they make.

Excellent people, terrible pay.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Conway, AR

ProsThe teller manager is excellent and the tellers are very helpful. They enjoy their jobs and make it a wonderful work environment. The hours aren't bad either.

ConsThe starting pay is terrible and there are no bonuses this year (except the CEO.. go figure). I haven't worked there that long and I have already seen some one advance to a higher position.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive the people some incentive to stick with their job (raises). Plus, tellers have a lot more responsibility than you think, therefore their starting pay shouldn't be so horrendous. Also, give the teller manager a raise, she deserves it.

ok place to work

Teller (Former Employee) Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

ProsI liked the people there, they were really nice and helped me learn a lot of things and they were very kind and sweet and all that kind of thing. i also liked the location it is in a nice part of town near huntington beach and there are a lot of restaurants around there to eat at and go out for drinks and all.

Consmanagement can be wishy washy. sometimes they ask you to do one thing and then wonder why your doing what they asked you to do and then tell you to do it another way and it all becomes very confusing indeed.

Advice to Senior Managementrealize employess have families

Times, they are a-changin'.

Management (Current Employee)

ProsCentennial Bank is a five-star-rated, very strong, community style bank. The company continues to shatter all profit records quarter after quarter.

ConsAs the profit records continue to be shatterd and the strength of the bank grows, the loyal, hardworking staff is expected to "do more with less." There also seem to be major organizational and communication issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementSince the banking industry continues to rebound, as does the overall economy, your valued employees need to compensated as such. We are loyal, hard working, appreciative and the cream-of-the-crop. But this is still a job and the means to an end, which is our quality of life. Most of us go SO above and beyond. But in the end, we don't live to work, we work to live.

Centennial Bank

ProsThis is a very conservative, highly ethical bank. that has been able to weather the economic storm and remain quite strong.

ConsThe branches are rather scattered and "fill in" needs to be accomplished, as does being seen and presented as "one bank" instead of factions divided by state.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease see the above comments.

Worked for Centennial Bank? Contribute to the Community!