Centennial Contractors Enterprises

Decline of Centennial Contractors

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

When I started working for Centennial in 2006, the organization had a strong employee centered culture.

Cons

The company was sold to an international concern and you could slowly see the focus shift from striving for quality to improving the bottom line. All conferences and the majority of training were lost and the pressure was on to insure that the forecasts were met at all cost. It went from a company that strove for excellence and customer satisfaction to nothing more than a cash cow to be milked for all it was worth.

Work to slow the drastic loss of corporate personnel.

All change is not good

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Had some wonderful co-workers. Had a family atmosphere and was a fun place to work until it was bought by a German corporation.

Cons

Employees do not feel as if the company cares about them since it was bought out by German corporation.
    Too much work time and not enough family time.
    No career paths and rarely any raises.
    Feel as if the Germans are milking the company and employees' lives dry and will just eventually toss aside with no concerns.
    Insurance keeps getting worse over time.
    Does no good to express concerns.

Really look at what is going on around you with your employees. Are they really happy to be there? Do not hesitate to stand up for your employees. Try to make it a place people want to come to everyday, and try to retain your employees who just cannot seem to leave fast enough.

Not the best....

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

expensive benefits, micro-management exists without leadership, had a good culture but lost it

Cons

employees are disposable, no ability for employee to input in review processes, margins are their measure of good work

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very difficult internship

Former Employee - Intern  in  Quantico, VA
    Former Employee - Intern in Quantico, VA

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Office had very talented and experienced people. Often able to make my own hours as an intern. Very casual but professional environment.

Cons

I felt corporate forced an intern (me) on the office. Some of the management acted as though I was an inconvenience (forgot when my start day was, never provided me a desk, computer or many basic supplies).

Worked for Centennial Contractors Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!