Center For Diagnostic Imaging

Center For Diagnostic Imaging Reviews

Updated May 19, 2014

Robert Baumgartner

Great Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsFrom the perspective of an entry-level person with limited experience the pay was solid, the environment was relaxed, people were extremely friendly and helpful, and mid-level management was supportive. Recently renovated offices and cubes. Great place to start out.

ConsOnboarding could have been better. If you're looking for a high-powered, fast-paced, "go-getter" environment this might not me for you.

Pros and more recently some big cons

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Phoenix, AZ

ProsMonthly bonus. Upper management is fair and complimentary. Flexible schedule

ConsHorrible company car plan. We went from getting a car allowance in the amount of $450 per month to now paying anywhere from 200 to 350 per month for either a ford fusion, edge or escape. Many Ae's are now looking for other jobs since this has been a significant financial hit and there were no raises this yr.

Flag Review
    Center For Diagnostic Imaging Director of HR responded to this review May 6, 2014 EditDelete
    Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We work hard to be fair and consistent. We believe all of our associates contribute to our success and should be recognized and rewarded for that ... More

Fast Paced Exciting Career

Saint Louis Park, MN

ProsThere's always something new to experience and growth potential.

ConsProject deadlines are determined before the details and resources have been determined.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great growing company to work for

Medical Information Specialist (Current Employee)
    Milwaukee, WI

Pros-great management
    -strong corporate culture
    -strong focus on patient care
    -promotes from within

Cons-sometimes long hours when busy

Terrible company and terrible management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan't think of anything that was positive.

ConsManagement continues to promote individuals who are "yes" people, but do not add any value. Sales Management likes to surround themselves with dull corporate drones so that they themselves appear to be exceptionally dynamic. You have to sell your soul (and your self-respect) in order to advance with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk for feedback from your employees. I never once in 4 years had an opportunity to give ANY feedback about my manager or any upper management.

Egos, Arrogance, and Ignorance are the 3 words that describe CDI

ProsNone. Unfortunately all the good quality, knowledgeable individuals who help shaped Insight and CDI have either, left, been fired, or marginalized that there is no knowledge base anymore. 2 weeks after the merger the CEO resigned for another position. That speaks volumes!

ConsThis company is run from a top down approach. Basically if it doesn't fit a nice little model they have no idea what to do. There is no room to grow within the company and for the most part, run by individuals who do things that make them look busy without actually doing much work. Since the merger, morale is non-existent. Operational staff have no one to turn to and sales have quotas that are unachievable and no sales management to speak of. VP's make huge salaries while cuts continue to happen for most. Salary increases were given this year but only at 2% (1st time after 4 years for some), basically to appease the masses. Turnover rate is high and equipment is old with no new revenue source for upgrades. Corporate constantly tells the employees that things are fine and likes to tout numbers that fit this narrative (completely dishonest I may add). Former employees know the truth that there is some kind of con going on here. If I can give anyone any advice is to steer clear of this company unless your looking for something very short term. Most employees have the attitude of "I just don't care anymore."

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to give advice but no one would listen anyway. You made your bed no lie in it. My prediction is more corporate will continue to resign through the end of the year and the board who owns this company will start to reorganize which just means slashing benefits and positions.

Terrible company to work with

(Current Employee)

ProsOffers the usual medical benefits and quarterly bonuses (which are small for most)

ConsNo management planning, unorganized, wasteful, lack of efficiency and have no actual project managers to speak of to create proper project planning.

The IT Management openly disrespect their employees and quick to place unjust blame.

The technology is archaic, the organization is focused only on money and invests on cheap technology systems that have only an initial payoff.

Tend to overwork employees, due to lack of planning and that fact that employees are salary based.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in efficiency and not wasteful products. Managers should be treated like any other employee who makes a mistake.

CDI, a great place to work

Help Desk Manager (Current Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsCDI is a great company that really cares about it employees and it clients. They offer full medical, dental, and vision plans along with 401K (50% match), quarterly bonuses, and profit sharing. CDI is really focused on customer service, both internal and external.

CDI employees are great to work with, they are friendly, knowledgeable, and want to help. Management looks to it associates for it's suggestions and has implemented quite a few of them in big ways.

CDI has a strong history with being in the medical imaging industry for over 25 years. While other company's have struggled and some failing we are continuing to grow every year. With over 50 locations across the US we are one of the top ten largest medical imaging groups in the US.

ConsNothing more than your usual job. Nothing that is specific to CDI comes to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Burnout employees and lack of support from upper management

Minneapolis, MN

ProsEmployees on my team worked well together when there was an open issue, or on a project that included multiple depts.

ConsCompany does not invest in technology. Organization tends to buy ineffective products. Management likes to burn out staff, reward employees by providing a credit card to buy as much alcohol as you need on trips.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect, invest in technologies that help departments run more efficiently. Don't punish employees by demoting when making small mistakes.

Worked for Center For Diagnostic Imaging? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Center For Diagnostic Imaging reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Center For Diagnostic Imaging CEO Robert Baumgartner. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Center For Diagnostic Imaging employees.