Center For Diagnostic Imaging

Robert Baumgartner

Great

Current Employee - Imaging Center Team Lead
    Current Employee - Imaging Center Team Lead

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly and professional atmosphere. Not enough advancement opportunity

Cons

no raise over 6 years now

Sep 23, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on working at CDI. We are proud that the compassion and teamwork of our staff is a highlight on both patient satisfaction surveys and our associate opinion ... More

Growing company with growing pains

I worked at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (more than an year)

Pros

CDI is definitely committed to the patient experience. I saw t his first hand, especially from the stellar operations and clinical teams in the field. Certain teams were wonderful to work with internally - very collaborative and supportive. CDI's service/product is hands down the best in the industry.

Cons

Work-life balance is achievable if you don't mind letting teams down. It's nearly impossible to deliver on the company and market strategic priorities as there are not enough people to do the work required. Executive leadership needs to communicate their vision to teams so they can prioritize and be empowered to make decisions to reach goals that are set forth. Leadership is too focused on managing costs or "cost-cutting" - long term this failure to invest could be very damaging to the organization.

Invest to innovate and support internal teams, or you will continue to lose people.

Sep 23, 2014Director of HR

Thanks for the comments. We are thrilled to see your reinforcement of our commitment to the patient and to excellence. These values are what our company was founded on and will continue to be our ... More

Great Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Center For Diagnostic Imaging part-time (less than an year)

Pros

From the perspective of an entry-level person with limited experience the pay was solid, the environment was relaxed, people were extremely friendly and helpful, and mid-level management was supportive. Recently renovated offices and cubes. Great place to start out.

Cons

Onboarding could have been better. If you're looking for a high-powered, fast-paced, "go-getter" environment this might not me for you.

Pros and more recently some big cons

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Monthly bonus. Upper management is fair and complimentary. Flexible schedule

Cons

Horrible company car plan. We went from getting a car allowance in the amount of $450 per month to now paying anywhere from 200 to 350 per month for either a ford fusion, edge or escape. Many Ae's are now looking for other jobs since this has been a significant financial hit and there were no raises this yr.

May 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We work hard to be fair and consistent. We believe all of our associates contribute to our success and should be recognized and rewarded for that ... More

Fast Paced Exciting Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis Park, MN

Pros

There's always something new to experience and growth potential.

Cons

Project deadlines are determined before the details and resources have been determined.

Great growing company to work for

Current Employee - Medical Information Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Medical Information Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-great management
    -strong corporate culture
    -strong focus on patient care
    -promotes from within

Cons

-sometimes long hours when busy

Terrible company and terrible management.

I worked at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of anything that was positive.

Cons

Management continues to promote individuals who are "yes" people, but do not add any value. Sales Management likes to surround themselves with dull corporate drones so that they themselves appear to be exceptionally dynamic. You have to sell your soul (and your self-respect) in order to advance with this company.

Ask for feedback from your employees. I never once in 4 years had an opportunity to give ANY feedback about my manager or any upper management.

Egos, Arrogance, and Ignorance are the 3 words that describe CDI

Pros

None. Unfortunately all the good quality, knowledgeable individuals who help shaped Insight and CDI have either, left, been fired, or marginalized that there is no knowledge base anymore. 2 weeks after the merger the CEO resigned for another position. That speaks volumes!

Cons

This company is run from a top down approach. Basically if it doesn't fit a nice little model they have no idea what to do. There is no room to grow within the company and for the most part, run by individuals who do things that make them look busy without actually doing much work. Since the merger, morale is non-existent. Operational staff have no one to turn to and sales have quotas that are unachievable and no sales management to speak of. VP's make huge salaries while cuts continue to happen for most. Salary increases were given this year but only at 2% (1st time after 4 years for some), basically to appease the masses. Turnover rate is high and equipment is old with no new revenue source for upgrades. Corporate constantly tells the employees that things are fine and likes to tout numbers that fit this narrative (completely dishonest I may add). Former employees know the truth that there is some kind of con going on here. If I can give anyone any advice is to steer clear of this company unless your looking for something very short term. Most employees have the attitude of "I just don't care anymore."

I would love to give advice but no one would listen anyway. You made your bed no lie in it. My prediction is more corporate will continue to resign through the end of the year and the board who owns this company will start to reorganize which just means slashing benefits and positions.

Terrible company to work with

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time

Pros

Offers the usual medical benefits and quarterly bonuses (which are small for most)

Cons

No management planning, unorganized, wasteful, lack of efficiency and have no actual project managers to speak of to create proper project planning.

The IT Management openly disrespect their employees and quick to place unjust blame.

The technology is archaic, the organization is focused only on money and invests on cheap technology systems that have only an initial payoff.

Tend to overwork employees, due to lack of planning and that fact that employees are salary based.

Invest in efficiency and not wasteful products. Managers should be treated like any other employee who makes a mistake.

CDI, a great place to work

Current Employee - Help Desk Manager in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Help Desk Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging

Pros

CDI is a great company that really cares about it employees and it clients. They offer full medical, dental, and vision plans along with 401K (50% match), quarterly bonuses, and profit sharing. CDI is really focused on customer service, both internal and external.

CDI employees are great to work with, they are friendly, knowledgeable, and want to help. Management looks to it associates for it's suggestions and has implemented quite a few of them in big ways.

CDI has a strong history with being in the medical imaging industry for over 25 years. While other company's have struggled and some failing we are continuing to grow every year. With over 50 locations across the US we are one of the top ten largest medical imaging groups in the US.

Cons

Nothing more than your usual job. Nothing that is specific to CDI comes to mind.

Keep it up!