Center For Diagnostic Imaging Reviews

Robert Baumgartner

1. Registration specialist

Former Employee - Registration in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Registration in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice pay and insurance, co workers are ok

Cons

They don't let you take time off, even when you have pto. They add piles of work on your work load because they won't hire anyone else, even though they need to.

Advice to Management

Work with your team and listen to their ideas as they are the ones working with patients.

2. Horrible place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Big company and easy to get into to the door
    -Benefits

Cons

-Horrible managers
    -HR does not do a good job and sticks up for managers who abuse power and workers
    -The only way to Advance it to kiss up to managers and be a yes man
    -You get in trouble and they threaten to fire you when you point out flaw at the company
    - Pay in unbalanced people managers like het paid more than people they do not.
    -Managements idea of getting stuff done is to raise their voice and scream 4 letter words at you.
    -HR does nothing when you report stuff other then go to your manager who was most likely the person who did something.
    -I worked for CDI for over 7 years hoping for change but they went from one bad manager to another.

Advice to Management

If your a manager at CDI you should get a new job at a fast food joint because that is all you are good for

Okay, nothing special

Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

reasonable hours for mid-career professionals

Cons

no continuing education options, no development, senior leaders behave as if they are the only one who have new ideas, failure to delegate and develop successors, would not want to be an entry level corporate employee

If you just want a job and don't care to learn or advance in your career, this is the place for you.

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People here only work from 8-4.

Cons

401(k) match is only $1,500 and it takes 4 years to fully vest AND you don't get it until the end of the year. Culture is horrible, people aren't good at their jobs (all levels) and don't want to improve, nobody has any motivation, complete lack of accountability, etc.

Advice to Management

Learn how to actually lead the company. Stop micro-managing. Hire talented people. Make smarter decisions. Stop lying to the employees by saying the company is growing.

6. Growing company with growing pains

I worked at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (more than a year)

Pros

CDI is definitely committed to the patient experience. I saw t his first hand, especially from the stellar operations and clinical teams in the field. Certain teams were wonderful to work with internally - very collaborative and supportive. CDI's service/product is hands down the best in the industry.

Cons

Work-life balance is achievable if you don't mind letting teams down. It's nearly impossible to deliver on the company and market strategic priorities as there are not enough people to do the work required. Executive leadership needs to communicate their vision to teams so they can prioritize and be empowered to make decisions to reach goals that are set forth. Leadership is too focused on managing costs or "cost-cutting" - long term this failure to invest could be very damaging to the organization.

Advice to Management

Invest to innovate and support internal teams, or you will continue to lose people.

Sep 23, 2014Director of HR

Thanks for the comments. We are thrilled to see your reinforcement of our commitment to the patient and to excellence. These values are what our company was founded on and will continue to be our ... More

7. Great

Current Employee - Imaging Center Team Lead
    Current Employee - Imaging Center Team Lead

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly and professional atmosphere. Not enough advancement opportunity

Cons

no raise over 6 years now

Sep 23, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on working at CDI. We are proud that the compassion and teamwork of our staff is a highlight on both patient satisfaction surveys and our associate opinion ... More

Great Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Center For Diagnostic Imaging part-time (less than a year)

Pros

From the perspective of an entry-level person with limited experience the pay was solid, the environment was relaxed, people were extremely friendly and helpful, and mid-level management was supportive. Recently renovated offices and cubes. Great place to start out.

Cons

Onboarding could have been better. If you're looking for a high-powered, fast-paced, "go-getter" environment this might not me for you.

Pros and more recently some big cons

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Monthly bonus. Upper management is fair and complimentary. Flexible schedule

Cons

Horrible company car plan. We went from getting a car allowance in the amount of $450 per month to now paying anywhere from 200 to 350 per month for either a ford fusion, edge or escape. Many Ae's are now looking for other jobs since this has been a significant financial hit and there were no raises this yr.

May 6, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We work hard to be fair and consistent. We believe all of our associates contribute to our success and should be recognized and rewarded for that ... More

10. Fast Paced Exciting Career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis Park, MN

Pros

There's always something new to experience and growth potential.

Cons

Project deadlines are determined before the details and resources have been determined.

11. Great growing company to work for

Current Employee - Medical Information Specialist in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Medical Information Specialist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Center For Diagnostic Imaging part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-great management
    -strong corporate culture
    -strong focus on patient care
    -promotes from within

Cons

-sometimes long hours when busy

Center For Diagnostic Imaging Photos