Center Partners
www.centerpartners.com Fort Collins, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Center Partners Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014
Center Partners – US – “inside pods”

Center Partners CEO David Geiger

David Geiger

Pros:
  • "As others have said, really great people"
    in 5 reviews
  • "They offer pretty good benefits for what the job is, plus the pay is decent"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "25/hr, with no raises, IS NOT DECENT PAY"
    in 3 reviews
  • "High employee turnover, changes with different companies to contract a lot, so there is no Job security"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

customer service

Prossteady pay and job security.

Consthe longer you work within the company the more you see how corrupted the politics are.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS EMPLOYER!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Fort Collins, CO

ProsExcellent supervisor training by the Learning Development Department BEFORE new management came on board.

ConsNew management sucking company dry - too many "VPs" with great pay - too many agents with poverty level pay. Company very unstructured - - claims to be PCI compliant, but if an in-depth audit was to take place by business clients, they would find many issues. No clear direction or communication. Very little trust among employees and very low moral.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare about people!

Long Days, Pushy Sales.

ProsAlways had a great team to work with, great supervisor, always had potlucks, parties, giveaways for sales, etc.

Conswas told they would work with my school schedule upon hire, DID NOT. Sales pushy you would get a "talking" to if your sales weren't good or you'd get moved to another HORRIBLE department.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your representatives that work hard with some respect and maybe your turn over wouldn't be so horrible!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Easy income but look for something better

Sales Agent (Current Employee)
    Fort Collins, CO

ProsSimple and very easy to master.

ConsMicromanaged, low pay, lousy incentives.

It was okay for a call center job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPick your hours, chances for overtime, nice co-workers, extensive training, always opportunities to win stuff.

ConsThey only "promote from within" but in order to move up you have to be there for a ridiculous amount of time, you either have a really good management, or extremely poor management. The turnover rate is extremely high.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the managers know exactly what they are doing instead of just promoting them because of how long they have been there.

told ya so

Sony Tech Support (Former Employee)
    Idaho Falls, ID

Prosnot many other than a paycheck

Consgood ole' boys, worse training I have ever seen, execs sitting on their butts in the office resting on their laurels. Stated that when I left in '12 that the IF center was gonna fold if they didn't get another account there because the Sony account could fall,... and it did!!!

Advice to Senior Managementpay your people a living wage and force people to do the job they were hired for, eliminate the politics.

Good place, recognizes talent

Customer Service (Current Employee)
    Fort Collins, CO

ProsPeople care about each other and managers invest in their employees. Generally laid back environment that focuses on results. If you are good at what you do they will recognize that and try to prepare you for management, mentorship, training, etc. Very flexible with hours and what's going on personally.

ConsObsession with hitting numbers rather than solving the customer's problems - kind of the nature of the business though. They hire too many people who will probably not be able to succeed so there's kind of a high washout rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on that your employees and the people calling them on real people. Don't hire people who have a low chance of success - that's disruptive to their lives and the workplace.

I loved working with Center Partners and would go back in a heart beat.

Telesales (Former Employee)
    Fort Collins, CO

ProsEveryone wanted to have the best customer experience and was happy to answer any questions that I might have. I felt like my team was my family.

ConsNothing bad that I can think of.

Not bad, not great.

SCEA Tier One Agent (Former Employee)
    Idaho Falls, ID

ProsAs others have said, really great people. CP often buys lunch for employees. Good comradery. Enjoyable project if you like gaming. Good place to work if you are starting a career, and in your 20's. Casual work environment (which some may consider a con). Supervisors and managers take their jobs seriously and for the most part are well-skilled.

ConsUnprofessionalism is rampant. Nepotism is rampant. Wages at an agent level are low, and benefits are abysmal. Not a great place to work if you don't want to be around a 20 something generation. Training is well meant but is somewhat subpar.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire someone - anyone - for senior management that has actual call center experience and hasn't been working at this site for 5+ years. The most significant deterring aspect of working here, for me, was the realization that most supervisors, managers, etc. had been with CP for quite some time and there was little room to advance from agent to staff level if you didn't plan on being an agent for at least two years.

Indeed, I joked with a coworker during training saying, "I like it here to an extent, but it seems that it's just a bunch of uneducated Idahoans vying for the few semi-decent paying jobs that are here." We laughed of course, but I didn't realize how true it was until after I finished training.

I also think this is where the unprofessionalism and nepotism come into play. Perhaps if some of the supervisors or managers had experience with other work environments the site would have a more professional tone. But it doesn't. And I think it's particularly unprofessional and UNETHICAL to have a married couple be management level employees, both employed at the same site, and working in the same project.

CP Idaho Falls does a great job of wooing agents in training into thinking that it's a really great place and great company. And for a lot of people it is. But, if you have any ambition, any education, or know how to "read" a corporate culture, you're going to see that this site is one of those that thinks it's great but doesn't really know what great is.

The take away for management:
    *Pay your agents more and give them decent benefits. Your 300% attrition rate will probably decline.
    *Educate your staff and site management on professionalism.
    *Eliminate nepotism. In this day and age it's nothing short of disgusting.
    *Give regular raises, a minimum of 3% per year regardless of employee level. Otherwise you're just deluding yourself if you think you're going to be able to retain employees.
    *Listen to the word on the street. CP has a deplorable reputation in Idaho Falls. There's a reason for this. Find out why and work to change it.
    *Realize that agent level employees are not a disposable commodity of infinite supply. You WILL eventually have difficulty filling seats if you continue with the low wages and poor benefits.

Center Partners truly cares and invests in your career growth and development

Quality Analyst (Current Employee)
    Coeur d'Alene, ID

ProsGreat company willing to invest in your development even when long term goals include other options. Very family orientated and truly cares about your career growth.

ConsWe have a high turnover however i feel that is more the nature of the business rather than any type of reflection upon CP because a vast majority of employees return!

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management style

Worked for Center Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Center Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Center Partners CEO David Geiger. All 59 reviews posted anonymously by Center Partners employees.